Why is my hub not featured?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. cfin profile image66
    cfinposted 11 years ago

Why is my hub not featured?

I have received this note. "To boost the odds of having your Hub Featured on related Hubs, Topic Pages, and in search results, consider editing it for mistakes and updating it with fresh, high-quality text and media."

There is nothing wrong with my hub. This was a quick hub, that I threw together but it doesn't need any editing. Any help or tips would be appreciated. Its far from my best work, but its not that bad either. Its just a review.

http://cfin.hubpages.com/hub/LoveHate-N … dit-to-RTE

2. Ms Dee profile image86
    Ms Deeposted 11 years ago

Clicking on "stats" at the top of the hub and then on the "Search" tab gives me a similar suggestion at the top of the resulting window. I too have on one of my un-featured hubs says there "consider editing it for mistakes and updating it with fresh, high-quality text and media." Mine doesn't need it either. What I try is just tweeking the title and/or adding something to the hub.

1. cfin profile image66
      cfinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I realized I left out the (') though because I wrote it on the ipad. i wonder if this has an adverse effect.

2. Ms Dee profile image86
      Ms Deeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ohh, I suppose it could. Would be interesting to hear back from you on whether you think it did, or not. smile

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image87
    ThePracticalMommyposted 11 years ago

It seems that you just published it three hours ago, correct? It may have not gone through the Quality Assessment Process yet. Until it goes through that, it may not be listed as 'Featured' and may have that notification just as a preliminary message. Give it a few hours or a day and then recheck.

1. cfin profile image66

I actually published it more than 24 hours ago. I had 1 spelling error (peek) that has been fixed. This will be the last time I write using my ipad though. It left out all of the ' and auto corrects some things awkwardly.

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image87
      ThePracticalMommyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Okay. If you did resubmit it, it still has to go through the QAP before becoming featured. I have hubs from two years ago that I edit here and there that go through the same process before becoming featured again. Give it some time. Hope it works!

4. eHealer profile image66
    eHealerposted 11 years ago

Hi Cfin, the hub contains numerous spelling errors and awkward grammar that make the information difficult to read and makes your content less effective. It's an excellent topic and you should consider revising. Copy and paste your text into Microsoft word or another text editor and fix the errors so you can get your wonderful hub featured on the hubs!

5. Dr. Haddox profile image60
    Dr. Haddoxposted 11 years ago

Dear cfin,
    I know the disappointment of not having your hub featured, especially when there appears to be nothing wrong with it. I have had the same thing happen to me several times and, I too, find this to be a problem. I have lost a couple of hubs, because of technical problems that make no sense.
    I  see that you have a score of 95, which means that you are doing a lot of quality work (my score have been holding at 92, or so, for the last week), so I know how you feel.
    I would say to you, let's not make a big deal out of it. I can say this because I have had the same problem that you are having, more than once. I even tried to communicate with management, to no avail. I am trying to set some goals, make some extra income, and help HubPages to become all that it can be, for myself and others.
    I don't need any problems with management or otherwise, so I guess "I will just roll with the punches," as my dad, a very wonderful light-heavy weight boxer, used to say.
    Take care, my friend,
    Dr. Haddox

1. cfin profile image66

Very true. I was curious to see if it was normal or I was missing something. I do realize now though, that it left out all of my ' because I used an Ipad to write it. I was more concerned about it happening again too. I will just roll with it wink

6. Alex Longsword profile image61
    Alex Longswordposted 11 years ago

Featured not featured, yes we know exactly what its meaning is, but there's confusion on the Quality Assessment Process taken. I have hubs that are not featured that receive more visits than those featured. If you think there's nothing wrong with your hub, then it must be ok.

7. profile image0
    Lizam1posted 11 years ago

I have several not featured hubs that do quite well.  I haven't figured out the reason why some of my hubs don't get featured when they all have similar standards on content and writing quality.  Don't worry about it and tweek any spellings or grammaticals that happened due to the ipad input.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)