Will not a merciful God be always as merciful to His creatures, as a merciful ma

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (28 posts)
  1. SwordofManticorE profile image70
    SwordofManticorEposted 11 years ago

Will not a merciful God be always as merciful to His creatures, as a merciful man is to his beast?

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 11 years ago

If he exists and is involved, then the answer is no. Have not 99% of the species that ever existed on the planet become extinct at one time or another? The history of the earth has seen a number of mass extinctions due to various climate changes or meteor collisions. To try to understand the mind and reasoning of the god of Abraham and Moses is to look into the abyss.

3. calynbana profile image78
    calynbanaposted 11 years ago

No because you cannot compare a merciful God to a merciful man. A mans idea of mercy may vary depending on the man and the beast. A man who is very patient 99%of the time may one day snap and hit his beast.

A merciful God is consistent, unchanging. This God laid out His rules, His expectations and the consequences before us. Then He offered us Mercy in the Gift of Grace. This mercy is never going to change, the way in which it is received is never going to change. This God's definition of Mercy is never going to change.

So comparing to man does not work. We are fickle and inconsistent.

1. SwordofManticorE profile image70
      SwordofManticorEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Its funny, as I see that man's justice system is more just than the God taught at most churches, If God once loved us, will not that love eternally continue?

2. calynbana profile image78
      calynbanaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If God loved us, and gave us the ability to choose would he not respect our choices? Or would it be more loving to impose His will upon us no matter our feelings?

3. SwordofManticorE profile image70

If a parent has 10 children, and just one is successful while the other 9 are in and out of prison, who is to blame?

4. calynbana profile image78

Whoever made the choice to commit the crime. I notice that you often compare the concept of God to humans. That is like trying to understand a cat by thinking like a mouse. Doesn't make sense.

5. SwordofManticorE profile image70

God made us in His image and we are to be christ like. Why is is so hard for humans to see the simularities we have with God and our conditioning.

6. calynbana profile image78

Please explain what you mean.

7. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Is it even possible for you to see that God has forgiven us all of our sins? The church focuses so much on the old man and His justice and condemnation, but fails to see the opposite possibility.

8. calynbana profile image78

Hmm I feel that you are making some assumptions. I am not a church raised Christian. I was raised atheist and later became Christian after some research. Yes He has forgiven us, but I don't understand how this is a clarifying statement.

9. calynbana profile image78

That is unfortunate. Leaves little room for growth.

10. SwordofManticorE profile image70

heb 1:8 tells us that Christ is the true representation of God, and how did God judge the adultreouse who commited many sins? Christ did not come for the rightouse, he came for all sinners. He paid for all sinners and He will get what He paid for.

11. calynbana profile image78

What about all those people who died before Christ was crucified?

12. calynbana profile image78

You are both Christians. That should be enough to prevent this bickering. I am not going to be involved. I just want to talk about the question.

13. calynbana profile image78

Thanks smile Maybe you could answer the question again? I would like to see what you had to say.

14. calynbana profile image78

Well that would be a little childish. I think if you answer respectfully then SoM would respect that. To do otherwise could be called spiteful. Although it would illustrate my point on comparing human justice to Godly justice. :p

15. calynbana profile image78

Then my comments will surely be in trouble if I am allowed to unpack my beliefs about salvation.

16. SwordofManticorE profile image70

caly, you are more than welcome to ask me anything

17. calynbana profile image78

Well my question to your previous comment was this,
      What about all those people who died before Christ was crucified?

18. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Do you know anything about the three ancient Jewish festivals? I ask you this to help you learn what happened to those who died before Christ.

19. calynbana profile image78

I am familiar with them

20. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Feast of Passover, Feast of Weeks (Pentecost) and Feast of Booths (Tabernacles), do you know how these feasts are part of God's plan for all? Here is a clue (1Cor 15:22-23).

21. calynbana profile image78

Would you mind just explaining your thoughts? I am not so fond of being asked questions in response to my questions.

22. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Passover was sacrivicing the unblemished lamb (Christ was first in heaven), Weeks the offered the first fruits (The apostles and the saints) and Booths the Jews harvest all the rest and allowed all the gentiles to join, AD70, all mankind

4. SwordofManticorE profile image70
    SwordofManticorEposted 11 years ago

Btw, caly, yes I do delete Js comments. He spams all my questions and the deleing started with him. We made an agreement at his request not to post on each others posts and he has broken this agreement many times. I

1. calynbana profile image78

I was just about to ask about that :p

5. Queen of Cups profile image59
    Queen of Cupsposted 11 years ago

God is far more merciful than any man could comprehend.
    Man could only comprehend the ideals they believe to be mercy.
    If man could ever begin to understand the Mercy of God, I do not think the world would be as it is now and it is because of this that God has given us a word to live by, to take context from, and to embrace because we {as humans} are greatly flawed and need some sort of guidance, truly, in order to become kind men.
    If we did not have knowledge, we would not need this guidance because we would already embrace this, we would not have pride nor greed, nor lust or envy because they are ideals of Humankind; not God.
    So believe the correct answer to my reasoning would be "No" because his Mercy is higher than that of the mercy of men just as the Laws of God rise higher than any Law of Man.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)