Will England return Kohinoor diamond to India? NO ,Never

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (23 posts)
  1. pramodgokhale profile image40
    pramodgokhaleposted 11 years ago

Will England return Kohinoor diamond to India? NO ,Never

During recent visit of British prime minister ,Indians requested  him to return Kohinoor to India.he said ,he can not. Why? So called Great Britain was looter and plunderer , prosperity came out  by sucking colonies and torture, killings.David Cameron represents nation which is looter,so how can he return Kohinoor?  Many Indians are naive and docile. In International Jungle of politics, such emotions have no place.USA was colony but liberated.I expect comments from open minded Americans.Long back I had filthy comments by Englishman on other issue.I discarded
    Churchill was villain.

2. vinayt89 profile image60
    vinayt89posted 11 years ago

They will never return that, because if they start returning each and every thing brought from other countries then they might become the poorest country of world.
    Because all the wealth they have, came from other countries like America and India.
    They made India hell, as i know one of sentence about India wrote by one of the writer from england came before East-India company. He said that I visited almost each and every state and city in India and i have never found a single beggar here, that was the condition of India at that time. So you can understand what they did after that.

pramodgokhaleposted 11 years agoin reply to this

sir,
      I appreciate you , 17 th century England was a poor country,divide and rule was their diplomacy , to some extent they succeed,they do not understand sign of time till today.
      thank you

2. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

pramodgokhale , 17th century England was hardly poor!

3. tonymead60 profile image84
      tonymead60posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You need to look at much more of your history, What about the final acts after the Taj Mahal was built, The Moguls were invaders not natives to India, Islam was not native to India. what about the attrocities they acted on the native Indians

3. sarahmoose profile image66
    sarahmooseposted 11 years ago

I am English, and I wouldn't have an issue with the diamond being returned to India. I think you will find that there are many like me, with the same opinion. I take serious offence that you assume we are all the same, and stereotype everyone English. I don't have an issue with your opinion on this matter, but I do have a serious problem with your attitude to fellow humans. And one more thing, I know there are American people who are open minded, but a lot of American companies use countries like India and states in Africa to set up their manufacturing bases, using the people for cheap labour. So although they have not gained their wealth through conquering and war here, they have used people in a way that is still unacceptable.

1. Seeker7 profile image81
      Seeker7posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sarah, I'm from Scotland and I agree whole heartedly with your feelings on this issue! I too would be glad to see the diamond and other treasures or artifacts that were stolen returned to the country of their origin - most folks in the UK agree!

2. Mazzy Bolero profile image67
      Mazzy Boleroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I suspect Cameron couldn't do that even if he wanted to. It's set in the Queen's crown, so there would probably be some convoluted process that would have to be put into motion.  I'd rather see the Elgin Marbles returned to Greece.

4. John Holden profile image61
    John Holdenposted 11 years ago

You have to understand that as the whole lives of Cameron and his ilk are predicated on theft they do not recognise their actions as theft. They revert to the childish mentality of "what's mine is mine alone and what is yours is mine too".
    Therefore, "we stole it fair and square, it must belong to us.

In your admiration for the USA do you not remember Bhopal?

Churchill was more than a villain but surely you've heard the adage "set a thief to catch a thief"?

1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image91
      Greensleeves Hubsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

To return your own comment that you delivered to Tonymead below - Shame on you. There are arguments for or against returning objects such as this to the country of origin, but saying that Cameron's life is predicated on theft is silly and offensive.

2. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You may think it silly and offensive, I don't.

3. sarahmoose profile image66
      sarahmooseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Have to agree with John here - especially with the bedroom tax and the suicide it has already triggered, with it threatening to plunge more and more families and older people into poverty. What Cameron is doing can be seen as theft from the tax payer

4. pramodgokhale profile image40
      pramodgokhaleposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes Sir, Bhopal tragedy is worst in world history, then our prime minster helped Paul Anderson CEO To flee. USA never allowed India to prosecute him.

5. A_K profile image72
    A_Kposted 11 years ago

No they will never. However, there is something strange about wealth and to whom it belongs. There was a time when the Sun never set in the British empire. Today they are not even a poor shadow of their old self. So, they eventually lost everything that was not theirs. The Roman Empire - and there has been no parallel in wealth, and strength - was grounded to dust. India lost its ancient glory too. It was plundered and raped. Today, the nation is ascendant. As a part of BRIC economy, India is poised to dethrone some of the most industrialized nations within years, not decades off the chart of top richest nations in terms of GDP. So, looking at the bigger picture "kohinoor" or Gandhi's memorabilia don't matter much. They may or may not eventually come back to India. But the more important thing is that the nations to like individuals have their karma and destiny.

Sir,
      Karma and Destiny  is more important.
      pramod gokhale

6. mintinfo profile image63
    mintinfoposted 11 years ago

I think as humanity becomes saner those who in the past thrived on the rituals of committing insane acts against naive cultures will be forced by their consciousnesses to do the right thing and return those things that do not belong to them but are what they consider "spoils of victory". They are not spoils of victory because you were only in a war with yourself to rape and pillage the resources of the planet. I know that half of Africa's cultural artifacts worth billions are locked away in vaults under London. We are not worried, it is only you that is afraid of your own political correctness. India, Africa, China, and everywhere else that you looted from will be fully remunerated.

George Orwell disgusted on British empire such dirty institution on the earth and finally vanished. being a British he was open minded to all his views on plundering in empire.

7. sufyan rana profile image56
    sufyan ranaposted 11 years ago

How is It possible???
    it is not possible
    England Will Never return Kohinoor diamond to India

Yes they will not return.The law of jungle is in force , let us wait we retaliate
      weak governments can not do.

2. Mazzy Bolero profile image67
      Mazzy Boleroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There has been massive mortgage fraud by Asian gangs in Britain - that's many millions they've stolen from Britain, and virtually none have even been prosecuted.  Lot of tax dodging, too. You guys are not saints.  People who live in glass houses ....

8. junkseller profile image79
    junksellerposted 11 years ago

Hasn't the Koh-i-Noor always belonged to whoever essentially had the might to take it?

My history is very poor on the subject but let me see if I can get this right. The first clear mention of it is being owned by the Khilji dynasty (Muslims of turkish descent), who conquered through force a good chunk of India. This dynasty morphed into the Tughlaq dynasty (also Muslims of Turkish descent) and then the Pashtun Lodi Dynasty.

Next came the Mughal Empire, starting with the conquest of the Lodi Dynasty by Babur, a Muslim descended from Genghis Khan who was strongly influenced by the Turkic and Persian cultures. Rulers of the Mughal Empire had the diamond until Nader Shah, a Persian came in and kicked their butts and took it. Nader Shah was assassinated and the diamond was taken by one of his generals, Ahmad Shah Durrani, who founded the Durrani Empire (modern day Afghanistan). One of his descendants, Shah Shujah Durrani, briefly ruled the Empire before being deposed and fleeing to India where he was captured. He gained his freedom by handing the Koh-i-Noor over to Ranjit Singh, founder of the Sikh Empire in the Punjab region.

The Sikh Empire was then defeated by the British, who took the diamond for themselves rather than honor the alleged will of Ranjit Singh to give the diamond to the Hindu Jagannath Temple in Orissa.

It is a fair complaint to say Britain isn't the rightful owner as they acquired it by conquest, looting, and plunder. And yet, isn't that the exact same way in which EVERYONE has owned it? If you spilled blood to get it, who than has a legitimate claim? The actual people of India, if that can even be defined, perhaps have a good claim. I don't know how legitimate Ranjit Singh's deathbed will is, but perhaps the Jagannath Temple has a decent claim as well.

To me the best claim is the Earth's. The only clear entity for who you can't really argue is the original owner. Considering how much strife has followed it around, I don't know why anyone would want it. Bury it in the Earth and stop spilling blood for a useless hunk of carbon.

9. pramodgokhale profile image40
    pramodgokhaleposted 11 years ago

Hi, Thank you for comments on Kohinoor.Since we are in third millennium but mindsets have not changed.The answers from English audience were expected as filthy, arrogant , silver lining few of them were to the point.
    If it is piece of Carbon then why people in the west wear carbon pieces?. unfortunately weak governments of India are docile. If gangs of Indians are active in UK then what their government is doing to curb ?
    To pay homage to martyrs in Jalianwala Bag is a farce. There were many massacres
    during British regime but media was blocked to publish it.
    i came  know the colonial mindset of Europeans , time has changed .
    I close it.

10. profile image49
    Mkaur17posted 9 years ago

No I don't think they will return the koh-i-noor- but they should!
    The koh-i-noor belongs to SIKHS ONLY in PUNJAB, AMRITSAR there is no doubt about it. It belonged to Maharaja Ranjit Singh and this is the only way forward if it is to be returned it should be returned to Sikhs.  But if Sikhs are given the koh-i-noor now it won't be safe as the Indian Government won't allow Sikhs to have it as the Indian Government are experts in killing Sikh minorities and have been doing so for many years.  Sikhs have had to fight so much injustice and something that is rightfully ours should be given back to us- another injustice after not having our own country.

Other religions and countries are greedy and wrongly wanting the koh-i-noor and the British clearly know they stole it from Sikhs so should return it back to Sikhs. Simple.

British should keep the koh-i-noor safe for now and give it back to Sikhs once we Sikhs hopefully have our own country in the future.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)