Do you wash your plates, pots and pans after cooking?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (30 posts)
  1. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

Do you wash your plates, pots and pans after cooking?

Do you leave them in the sink, carry on your meals with your family and settle the dirty dishes later?

2. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 10 years ago

I usually rinse off all the dishes before sitting down to eat. The times where dinner is ready and everyone is late for dinner I'll wash everything that's dirty and keep dinner warm on serving plates.

3. agapsikap profile image59
    agapsikapposted 10 years ago

Exactly. I prefer to wash them all at the same time after meals. First reason is to save some energy. Second is to conserve, water and liquid soap. Third, in order to enjoy the meal right after it was being cooked and served. But leaving them in the sink organized and not too messy.

peachpurpleposted 10 years agoin reply to this

@agap
      Makes lots of sense. Not a bad idea after all.

4. Handicapped Chef profile image70
    Handicapped Chefposted 10 years ago

I really don't like a dirty kitchen so I clean as I cook then right after I eat either me or my wife finish what's left I never leave my kitchen out of order.

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

@just
    yeah, if everyone is late for dinner, just rinsing will do. thanks for yr honest comment.

6. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 10 years ago

I don't. My husband does, all at once (most of the time).

@is
      lucky gal!!! My hubby says that is the woman's job.

2. IslandBites profile image89
      IslandBitesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ha! There are no women/men jobs, specially in a home. I cook, so he does the dishes.

7. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 10 years ago

I try to wash as much as I can as I am cooking. Then after dinner I will likely do the dishes and putter around in the kitchen. I find it is a nice quiet time. When I don't do them after dinner, I am always sorry the next day when I am faced with a mess.

8. todphifer profile image61
    todphiferposted 10 years ago

No,i don't like rinse dirty plates and dishes because its very very boring and enjoy less work,,,,,,,,,,

@tod
      yeah, neither do i but no one is going to do the dirty job. Got to do it , otherwise invite the house lizards to lick them !

9. aminahchahine profile image58
    aminahchahineposted 10 years ago

I don't like messy kitchen and that is why I always wash plates and pans before joining my family. It is always good to keep the place clean and clear..

@aminah
      I always wash the plates, pots and pans before i sit down to have dinner. Usually the last one to eat.

2. Taranwanderer profile image60
      Taranwandererposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's quite a burden. I have a maid handle washing everything - from the kitchen appliances to the breakfast sandwich maker. She's well-paid for her services

10. lorddraven2000 profile image91
    lorddraven2000posted 10 years ago

I try to wash them right after but I am usually just to busy to get to it. it sucks but that is usually how it is for me.

@LORD
      True enough.

11. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 10 years ago

I wash the things I've used for cooking as I am waiting for the food to be cooked then my husband washes up the dishes after we eat.

12. Anselome profile image70
    Anselomeposted 10 years ago

I answer with a question first as I'm not really sure I understand the question. Are you asking if I (the reader) wash my (their) dishes after eating the meal?

I don't really see any other way to do it. Unless you were to cook the meal and then wash the dishes before calling the family to the table to eat, But then what's the point of that? The food will be cold by the time you eat, and you'll have more dishes to do after everyone has finished eating. Really the only way to do it and not waste time or water (and avoid a cold meal and a cranky family) is to eat first and clean up later.

@anselome
      Depends on how you do it. After i had cooked the meal and put them on the table, i will call my kids and hubby to eat. They will eat without me. I will do the washing and then have dinner later. I don't like to see my sink pile up with pot

2. IslandBites profile image89
      IslandBitesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

@peachpurple
      So a clean sink is a priority over eating with the rest of the family? I dont get it. Well, to each their own.

13. jaysamuelli profile image59
    jaysamuelliposted 10 years ago

never!  i just throw them out! muahahaha

@jay
      Joker ! Yeah, use the plastic fork, plates?

14. profile image0
    richard alburoposted 10 years ago

Yes . It is annoying for me to see dirty wares in my kitchen sink . So every time i see even one coffee cup on my sink i wash it .

15. StitchTheDamned profile image67
    StitchTheDamnedposted 10 years ago

I clean as I cook. It makes it a lot easier for me to clean everything that is left later. When I use a plate, cutting board or utensil, I will clean it right then and put it away. As I am getting the dinner plates ready, I will clean the remaining pots and pans. I will put what needs to soak in the sink,
    If there are left overs, I wait until after dinner to put them away, just in case anyone wants any more.
    I used to wait until after everything to do all the dishes, but it often got neglected. I tend to procrastinate if I do that.

@stitch
      Thanks for your comments. Me too, i would clean the cutting board and utensil right away unless i am late for dinner. Great idea to soak the pots in the sink. I will do that too.

16. Sharkye11 profile image90
    Sharkye11posted 10 years ago

If the meal is one that needs simmering, then I will try to clean up the cooking utensils and extra pans not being used. But if I'm cooking something that needs supervision, then no. And in that case I sit down with my family and eat first. Then clean up the dishes afterwards.

If I am really tired, or if there is something I MUST draw or write, I will leave the dishes until in the morning. doing them first thing is a good way to wake up and get motivated for the day, and I can do them while my daughter eats her morning snack.

@shark
      Good idea. I wash the dirty plates when the meal need simmering too. However, i never leave those plates in the sink until the next morning because the wet kitchen is always full of unexpected visitors; rats , house lizards and cockroaches.

17. stanwshura profile image71
    stanwshuraposted 10 years ago

I eat while the food is hot and I can sit and enjoy what company I have, if any.  Why cook a delicious meal, only to then do the dishes and have to microwave your deserved meal after everyone else has finished?

@stan
      makes sense. Now, i try to eat with my family while the dirty plates sit in the sink!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)