A quote that changed your life? And why?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Darksage profile image60
    Darksageposted 10 years ago

A quote that changed your life? And why?

"I'd rather die as hero than to live long enough to see myself become the villain"

2. KDeus profile image93
    KDeusposted 10 years ago

I really enjoyed reading your quote!

Here is one of my favorites:
    "Wonder is the foundation of all philosophy, research is the means of all learning, and ignorance is the end." by Michel de Montaigne

I have, and always will, consider myself an eternal student, whether I'm in a classroom or in my day-to-day journeys. More often than not, I am often teased, ridiculed, or told that I'm an over-achiever because I always seek to learn and try new things. Some times, I am successful, many times I am not, but I try to always teach myself new things.

I may wonder about how something works, how it's made, how to do something, and while all the answers are not in front of me, I can research enough to learn pieces of what I want to do. I apply each little piece of information and, in the end, I have something that I've done - successful or not. Each of those pieces of research can be applied to so many different things in life. And, through the process, I make mistakes, learn from those, and apply them in a different way next time. I have a great interest in learning - not for anyone else but myself.

I truly feel sorry for those who don't wonder, who don't challenge themselves to find answers. For their ridicule, their teasing, their comments about being an over-achiever, simply means I've wondered, I've learned, and I've tried. They are the truly ignorant ones. I stand tall, brushing off the negative comments, because I do what I do for ME and no-one else.

Darksageposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your answer. Wow, I guess you and me are pretty much the same, mam. I always want to know more, because I think that when I know more I can be more smile Thanks for the answer once again .

3. leilabarda profile image59
    leilabardaposted 10 years ago

wow! it's an awakening fact for everyone but also sad cause most of the people choose to be a villain or bad just to get what they want...

Thank you for your answer. We can't afford to be always be the hero. That is normal. But being a hero and being a villain is always different and it will always be a choice.

4. AUPADHYAY profile image58
    AUPADHYAYposted 10 years ago

"God help those who help themselves." this has changed my life because up to 8th standard, I was very poor in mathematics. I learnt this quotation from English book and since then, I began to study in deep in mathematics with self study. Till this moment, maths seems to me a very boring subject but after this moment, it became my favorite subject.

Thank you for your answer. God will truly help people who help themselves. Your quote reminds of the quote "Do your Best and God will do the rest."

5. NornsMercy profile image60
    NornsMercyposted 10 years ago

"Focus on change, not results." This quote literally keeps me active and healthy!

Thank you for your answer! Results are not possible without change and with it we must always strive our best to change.

6. angel4967 profile image59
    angel4967posted 10 years ago

Faith Sees The Invisible,
    Believes The Incredible,
    And Receives the Impossible.

It's my sign off at the end of all my emails now.  It doesn't matter what your faith is in just as long as you have it.

Thank you for your answer. That is like a superhero quote, the same as mine, and wow, it does means a lot for everyone.

7. Brinafr3sh profile image79
    Brinafr3shposted 10 years ago

A quote by Chuck Swindoll called "Attitude" helped change my life.

Thank you for your answer. I would look forward for more quotes from Chuck Swindoll. Thank you for giving me this idea.

8. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 10 years ago

"Make a pile of chips."

I'm not sure who said it, except that it was supposedly a master sculptor during the Renaissance period.  An apprentice asked him one day, "I don't know what to make."
    The master replied, "Make a pile of chips."

Point being, DO something.  It's a great quote for getting me moving despite apparent writer's block or "whatever" excuse for procrastination might come along.

Thank you for your answer. We all need to do something in our lives. It is a do. Not a try. We must always do our best when we do something. So we must always "Make a pile of chips."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)