Are we going to attack Syria to make Obama look good?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Cassie Smith profile image60
    Cassie Smithposted 10 years ago

Are we going to attack Syria to make Obama look good?

As if Obama can't get any lamer.  He got himself into hot water by talking ignorantly about attacking Syria.  He was so stupid that he didn't get the support he needed either domestically or internationally before he beat the war drums.  Now he doesn't want to take all the heat from making a UNILATERAL decision, and wants Congress to bail him out by supporting him. LOL!  I think it's great that it's liberals that are making the US look stupid and leading us to an even more stupid war.

2. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 10 years ago

In this case, he played his hand beautifully.  At first he threatened to go it alone without the approval of Congress.  Then he heard strong rumors about impeachment and changed his game.

Now if Congress gives approval, he can say he did what the American people wanted him to do.  If he doesn't get approval, he can say he wanted to do it but "They" wouldn't let me.

Either way he skates away free and is off the hook for his Red Line comment.

I have been watching the debates and his team is doing a pretty darn good job of covering his Butt.

1. Cassie Smith profile image60
      Cassie Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I respectfully disagree Poolman.  Obama was mouthing off before he was thinking.  Then  the CYA approach kicked in when he found out he was out there by himself.  People all over the world know he's weak.  Congress shouldn't enable him but will.

2. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The refusal of other countries to join this effort tells us exactly how they feel about our leadership.  Even if they agree with the need to do this, they fear they will be abandoned and left hanging out to dry.

3. Cassie Smith profile image60
      Cassie Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

True, in this case however, Congress's willingness to enable Obama will mean the deaths of innocent Syrians and the dragging of our own boys into the fray.  You can't just bomb somebody and not expect anything to happen.

4. The Frog Prince profile image70
      The Frog Princeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Mike - Obama never does NAYTHING without some political motivation/cover behind it.

5. profile image0

I find it interesting the the very guy who is hell bent on getting rid of all guns in this country, is willing to drop missiles on the heads of possibly innocent people in another country.  It would seem this is a contradiction to say the least.

6. My Esoteric profile image87
      My Esotericposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I suspect Cassie, Poolman, and Frog will clap wildly as Assad and his Hezbollah henchmen take their Saran gas South to exact revenge on Israel,  after suffocating his opposition into oblivion; and then whine if we try to help Israel.

7. The Frog Prince profile image70

I suspect that My Esoteric needs to learn how to spell the name of the gas before making any stupid allegations about others.

8. My Esoteric profile image87

Last time I trust spell check - Sarin.  I don't know if you see the red squiggly line, but I do.

9. profile image0

I suspect that Mr. Esoteric is going to get his wishes, and we will be heading to Syria.  I would also guess that based on prior performance Obama will call them and tell them exactly what time and where we will arrive.

10. The Frog Prince profile image70

Mike - I would also suggest/guess that My Estoteric has never served a day in defense of this nation.

11. profile image0

Jim, according to his profile My Esoteric was an Army Major.

12. My Esoteric profile image87

Try, five years active duty, 1 year in Vietnam, 15 years in the National Guard and Reserves, and 21 years as a civilian with the AF and OSD.  Does that qualify me?

13. profile image0

My Esoteric - Thank you for your service to this country.

14. My Esoteric profile image87

Your welcome.  I had the opportunity to serve in the 1st Iraq War as well since they activated me when I went for my two-weeks NG duty, but thought better of it and spent it in the Pentagon instead until they let me go back to my AF job in March.

15. The Frog Prince profile image70

Ah so!  A major who was a weekend warrior.  Half a soldier but he did his duty.

16. profile image0

Jim - based on the fact that only a handful of our elected representatives ever served in the military, I respect everyone who served regardless of their status.

17. The Frog Prince profile image70

The likes of My Esoteric I have little respect for since he displayed no respect for our opinion.  Maybe his is the only one that counts.  Having spent 23 years on active duty myself I don't take him putting his words in my mouth well at all.

18. My Esoteric profile image87

Sorry to pick your comment @Poolman, but it was handy, but when someone says "It is interesting how someone who is an avid anti-gun nut ...", knowing that is not the truth, with others agreeing, what am I to think about their veracity @Frog?

19. The Frog Prince profile image70

I write here Estoteric and you obviously don't know me.  Don't bother because I have no use for you.

20. My Esoteric profile image87

An expected answer @Frog, but it is not important is it.

3. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 10 years ago

He just got the support of Boehner and Cantor. Of course, McCain and Graham have always been calling for Middle East war. Iran...and it's next. I should think the Rabid Righty's are in Righty Heaven. Gas pipe-line/ war profiteering/ Dead "other" people. I'm just saddened that Obama is a Bibi hack too. Was hoping he would deny that blood-lusting maniac. No such luck.

1. profile image0

It is interesting how someone who is an avid anti-gun nut has no qualms about lobbing missiles on the heads of possibly innocent victims.  Will killing more innocent civilians really help stop this war that has been going on for hundreds of years?

2. lovemychris profile image76
      lovemychrisposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't think stopping the war is their goal. I think it's the quest for "Greater Israel", resource domination. Gas pipeline to run through Iraq, Syria, Iran and Lebanon. Connect the terrorism dots. We want it. We do what we must to get it.

4. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 10 years ago

Can't see how it's any different than any other administration; they all find reasons to go to war, Obama's not special in that regard, obviously.

5. e-five profile image93
    e-fiveposted 10 years ago

Why not?  We attacked Grenada to make Reagan look good, and we attacked Iraq twice to make Bush father and Bush son look good.

6. My Esoteric profile image87
    My Esotericposted 10 years ago

It amazes me your only consideration is who can bash Obama the most rather than the proliferation of WMD; it is clear where your priorities lie.  I suspect I would be seeing the same conversation from y'all if Assad was using dirty bombs or nukes rather than much more civilized Sarin nerve gas.

1. lovemychris profile image76

My problem is I think WE did it. Rebels that WE arm. I'm of the camp that thinks CIA/Mossad is behind this. That is my problem w it.

2. My Esoteric profile image87

@Love, it is good that YOU "think" that, but convince me with substantial news stories, not blog reports or entertainment skits from Rush, that what you believe has any factual foundation. What's needed to deliver one ounce of sarin gas?

3. lovemychris profile image76

I'm not trying to convince anyone. I know from experience that is a fools errand. You can google all you want to see and read. Do you have your mind made up? The whole of US media is set on the story that Assad gassed his people. Makes no sense.

4. profile image0

I often wonder if at times we don't just arm both sides and sit back to join forces with the winner.

7. The Frog Prince profile image70
    The Frog Princeposted 10 years ago

The simplest answer Cassie can be found in a picture.

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv17 … 3c3b76.jpg

Obama has bungled another thing so what else is new? 

The Frog

1. lovemychris profile image76

This aint Obama. It's AIPAC. He bows to them as do all others. Granted, all prez's are allowed to do some good: but in the end, they all must pay the piper. When Israel CW'ed Gaza, no one called for bombing them, did they?No, Goldstone Report denied.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)