Does God answer ALL prayers?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)
  1. prayerpower profile image83
    prayerpowerposted 10 years ago

Does God answer ALL prayers?

God says that if you ask 'anything' in His name, He will do it - according to His words: "Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it." (John 14:13-14) Do you believe that He answers all of our prayers?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8652525_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 10 years ago

I believe he does even when we don't get what we ask for. If we don't get the money, relationship, or whatever it mean his answer is either "no" or "not yet". Just because it isn't the answer we want doesn't mean it isn't an answer. Would God really give me everything I ask for in Jesus name? What if I was sincere in asking God to send someone to me and give me a life-time supply of heroin for my own private use? No I really wouldn't do that, but I could. Of course God is going to say no.

3. profile image0
    Sri Tposted 10 years ago

On the spiritual plane, yes. The fourth dimension is thought responsive. Whatever you desire is yours instantly. And anything is possible in the dream state or the astral plane. Whatever you imagine is yours.  On the earthly level, some things may not happen in this lifetime. But it does not mean that it will not happen. It may lose it's importance if a person no longer lives in a body. On the spiritual level, everything already exists. You have to find the way to bring things into the material world. If you do, then it is yours. Divine guidance is perhaps the best way.

1. celafoe profile image55
      celafoeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

please give scripture references for this.

2. profile image0
      Sri Tposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You have to leave the body to experience this. Everybody leaves their body every night. You can ask to be shown. Perhaps the best scripture would be: With God, all things are possible. Everything comes from the spiritual world.

3. celafoe profile image55

utter foolishness

4. profile image0
      Sri Tposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Don't let your ego and ignorance block the spiritual wisdom of the ages. Do your research.

4. Ben716 profile image89
    Ben716posted 10 years ago

God does hear our prayers, however he doesn't respond to everyone. This is because some of us may be praying for something with an intention for evil purpose, it is not the right time or we have do not have faith He will do even after praying. The answers of God can be yes, no or wait. God knows what is best for us, so some prayers always with a big NO. The Bible says when we pray according to God's will, He will answer us. So, many of us do not pray according to His will the reason they do not receive an answer.

A lot of people do not have faith enough the reason they do not 'see' any answers. It does not require big faith but faith like a mustard seed. Faith moves mountains and God is pleased with people who have faith. People who believe He can answer.

Some of us request things for all the wrong reasons and like a good dad, the request is not met. Therefore, God does not answer all prayers because He knows the best and the reason why He refused to answer.

5. Edward J. Palumbo profile image84
    Edward J. Palumboposted 10 years ago

I believe all our prayers are heard, but we may not get the answer we'd hoped for and, candidly, that's for the best. I've prayed for a few things and later learned God was merciful in not granting my request. Not everything we ask for will benefit us in the long term.

6. celafoe profile image55
    celafoeposted 10 years ago

Yes He answers all prayers.    sometimes the answer is NO answer.   It says whatever you ask "in my name"  anything we ask that is against or not in accordance with  "His name" deserves No Answer and that is what He usually gives.   We must understand that when we ask of Him it must be something that has eternal value in our life (in accordance with His will) for it to deserve an answer.  And also understand that sometimes NO answer is THE answer that applies to that request.

7. profile image0
    Dave36posted 10 years ago

Well i like to think of my self, as more of a philosopher than a religious person....Also i haven't read any of the Bible yet, how ever i might have a look soon....I do believe in God, and i'd like to say what i read into what you posted..."God says ask anything in his name, and he'l do it"...To me asking God in his name, means asking from your heart...God resides in our hearts, and i reckon that's how we communicate to God...God is love & we feel God's love in our Hearts, so we have to ask from our hearts....So prayers can ONLY come from our hearts, but most peeps pray from their minds...So there not really prayers, there desires/wants etc...So the hard part is tuning into out hearts, to see what our "real" prayers are....God know's what we really need/want, as God know's everything...So you think about it there is something you "really" desire in your heart, now that answer is "already" out there somewhere for you to find....So God has "already" answered "all" our prayers in advance, but we have to silence our mind....To be able to tune into our heart (God), to listen to what God is "trying" to tell us!lol....I only keep using the word God, as i'm not sure what else to name him or her yet. :-)

8. profile image0
    Mark Knolesposted 10 years ago

God does not answer all prayers, because if so, no one would suffer. I feel that He has a plan and things work out the way they should.

1. lone77star profile image72
      lone77starposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps the purpose of suffering is misunderstood. God does answer all prayers instantly. The problem is that people frequently don't know what they've asked for -- and it's not what you think, but what you feel.

2. celafoe profile image55

lone   please give me scripture in context to support  "God answers all prayers INSTANTLY"    thanks
      "

9. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 10 years ago

Yes, God answers all prayers instantaneously. The problem with most people's prayers is that they consciously think one thing, but feel something entirely different. They end up getting that which reinforces the feeling which is usually a lack of faith.

My "Anatomy of a Miracle" gives an example of this.

10. Penny G profile image60
    Penny Gposted 9 years ago

Sometimes God's answer is no answer, but either way, ask and you shall receive. It may not be in our best interest, God knows for sure.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)