Where do we go when we die?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Virginia Lea profile image72
    Virginia Leaposted 9 years ago

Where do we go when we die?

I know the christian answer but that is not what I am looking for. I would really like to know where ghosts come from, if they exsist. Where do we really go when we die, are there other demensions? Do we astral project all over the universe... or do we just cease to exsist?

2. Rodricklewis profile image40
    Rodricklewisposted 9 years ago

To each there own, meaning everyone will have their own answer which they believe to be right. I believe that when you die, you die. There's no afterlife. This is it. You do your best to make the most out of what you have then when you die... it's over, you're finally done.

3. CapturedWord profile image61
    CapturedWordposted 9 years ago

I think we have and will always exist as we are now.  The body is a vessel and a cover for what we truly are.  I know you have a Christian understanding of what has been spoken, but maybe the answer is not so apparent in the scriptures.  To be honest I think that we are always the same besides our human inheritance (  which is always changing ).  It is an eternal thing masked by the fleshly experience. You can look deeper into the parables of Jesus Christ and find some insight into what heaven is and where to find it.
    I myself have had an experience in my younger years that might help define that the body is not all there is.  This confirmed to me that the scriptures are at least partially true. If we are God's children and God is light, then so are we!!  Life is supposed to be fun and a challenge that we have been given from God.  Life would be pretty boring if we had nothing to do but to just float around!  Its something of choice like learning to play an instrument.  Do it with joy!  Its fun!  Don't take things so seriously!  Take your time cause this is forever.  The greater the challenge the greater you are the player!  These great challenges are an honor to be taken on and given by God.  Overcome and fear not, for nothing is ever truly lost.

Virginia Leaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is true in some sense. If god did exsist then I am sure he would love for me to have fun with my life.

2. profile image0
      Daveadamposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hey CapturedWord have you ever considered that we might all be new souls in the making?, & not re-incarnated from a previous life?..Created when we was conceived as a blank slate, & then "we" build ourselves as we learn & grow?.

3. CapturedWord profile image61
      CapturedWordposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have thought something similar to this. I believe we pass from this life and the soul is cleansed from its impure actions. ( Like a diseased body renewed.) Finds its rest in heaven and a new kind of life. The person can then again be reborn.

4. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 9 years ago

Ghosts are really familiar spirits, or demons, masquerading as dead people.  Demons are invisible, and they are around us all of the time, so they learn things about us.  Which is why when you go to a psychic, they are able to guess things about you.  It's all a joke.  Demons are real.  We either go to heaven or hell when we die.  That's it.

If those places exsisted then I am sure we would have a wonderful afterlife. But if the bible is true, so to speak, and everyone was fallowing the rules the way "jesus" said to fallow them.. then technically no one is going to heaven.

2. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

We are saved by His gift of grace.  No one is good enough to get into heaven on their own.

5. profile image0
    Daveadamposted 9 years ago

Well i took the C.S.I route when looking into life Virginia, & so i started investigating with my own tool kit (my body & mind)..I learn't mindful distraction, mindful meditation & emotions & feelings control practice over say 8 months..What that did was to clear my mind from all of societies BS, & to open my mind to new ways of thinking & to what was real in life..So i haven't seen a ghost, so to me ghosts don't exist..I haven't been to another dimension, so at the moment i don't believe in those either..However i have had an O.B.E experience, & so has my younger sister....I'm starting to really consider that life is some sort of a learning experience/test, & if it was it would be the perfect test you would have to agree..So i reckon that all the answers are out there for the individual to discover, but that individual will never be able to convince another individual....I bet if you did the training i mentioned & a lot of meditating over a good few months without going over the top with it, that you would probably experience an O.B.E & maybe shoot off to the Astral Plane & have a look around yourself..So far i haven't been able to let go yet to be able to experience fully, whatever it is that's out there for us all to discover..I know one thing for sure, & that's there definitely "IS" more going on that what most people think there is..A LOT more!lol. :-)

Sweet! This is the answer I was looking for. I have never been able to figure out how to have an OBE but maybe one day I will learn.

2. profile image0
      Daveadamposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The only times I've ever experienced an O.B.E experience, was when laid on my back really relaxed & mindfully meditating..Meditating must be the most under-rated thing in the world, & i never even tried it until i was 40 yrs old. :-)

6. Robert the Bruce profile image60
    Robert the Bruceposted 9 years ago

I don't believe we can know that. I'm not aware of any empirical evidence for an afterlife, much less a specific one proposed by the religions.

If anyone has any verifiable, factual evidence for an afterlife, I would like to hear it.

yeah i believe that people can make assumptions... but no one knows for sure.

2. Rodricklewis profile image40
      Rodricklewisposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The whole after life thinking come from people who aren't satisfied with the world and believe that there must be something better than this life. There must be something after.

7. ian 12am profile image88
    ian 12amposted 9 years ago

Where we go when we die largely depends on what you belive. There is no practical way of determining what happens after death. One thing is for sure. when you die you get burried and decompose over time. If at all there is a spirit in the body, then what will become of it is likely to originate from your beliefs.

1. Robert the Bruce profile image60
      Robert the Bruceposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Interesting, Ian. Why do you think it is "likely" that whatever we believe will actually happen to us?

2. ian 12am profile image88
      ian 12amposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I strongly believe, that what happens after we die is a thing of the mind. I think it is more about the strength of ones imagination and this is why those who claim to have resurrected from the dead always have varying stories

8. DeepThought258238 profile image64
    DeepThought258238posted 9 years ago
  9. padmendra profile image50
    padmendraposted 9 years ago

A fixed time in years is set for you to be in the world of all human beings. Do your best, finish everything in perfection and discharge your duty towards your family, friends, office. city, state or nation to your entire satisfaction. That's all. You have to move away from this world without telling anyone you would come back. In fact no one comes back. Only thing is that people will remember you the way you have portrayed yourself while being alive in this world.

10. Yousif Mohammed profile image59
    Yousif Mohammedposted 9 years ago

From my understanding of the Islamic background and learning. It could be incorrect so you should do your own research if you are interested in fact checking. Also I am summarizing a lot of the steps.

Q1. What happens when we die:

Each person will see the angel of death and the angels accompanying him the moment they die. Your eyes will see your soul raised from your body till there is no spirit left in the body and you will die.

How you die depends on whether you are a true believer and worshiper of the Creator.
    If you are a true believer, the angel of death will show up as a handsome person wearing a white thobe and encourages your soul to leave the body easily like flowing water.
    If you are a disbeliever, the angel of death will show up as a giant wearing a black thobe that is burnt and smoking. And that person's soul will be extracted and snatched from their body like a criminal who is trying to escape from his/her ultimate capture.

Your soul is then raised to the gate of the first heaven. The angels will say to our Lord, this is so and so. Then you will be placed where you are buried. There you will have a view of where your next home will be. If your next home is paradise, you will see paradise, if it is hellfire you will see hellfire.

Being raised from the dead, and heading to judgement day. Here you will have to defend your soul for all the actions you have done for you entire life for the first life you had experienced. Judgement will pass - heaven or hell (each one has its story).

Q2. Where do ghosts come from, if they exists?

You have a soul and it exists, even after death.

But the real question I think you are asking is whether or not people can communicate with "ghosts".

When a person dies and is buried. They still have the ability to hear what the living saying, yet they are unable to communicate back.

Also you need to be aware that there are also spirits, called jinn, which are creations made of fire and smoke. To which people are forbidden to communicate with. These are beings, who like humans, have the ability of free will, who were created before humans existed and live on earth before we have lived there. Another name for jinn are demons, there exist good and bad ones. But only the bad ones, who are the only ones willing to communicate with humans, are employed by Satan to make sure we enter the hellfire. This type of communication is what is considered black magic and sorcery. And you should not engage in such practice.

I love the islamic religion. That will be the next one I research. It is SO beautiful.

That sounds really interesting, I have never heard it described that way. Interesting.

2. Yousif Mohammed profile image59
      Yousif Mohammedposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wish you the best and take care.

3. Robert the Bruce profile image60
      Robert the Bruceposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yousif, none of what you wrote above can be proved. There's no evidence. Why should you reasonably expect others to believe any of that?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)