What is it that drives you absolutely CRAZY?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Penny G profile image60
    Penny Gposted 9 years ago

What is it that drives you absolutely CRAZY?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9336359_f260.jpg

2. Link10103 profile image59
    Link10103posted 9 years ago

People with no common sense. Plenty of other things, but that will drive me absolutely bonkers in some cases

3. profile image0
    mothersofnationsposted 9 years ago

Liars. I just cannot deal with people that can't be trusted - wasting time wondering what's true and what isn't - I won't do that.
    God bless!

Penny Gposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have no patience for liars. I try to be quiet about it but I always end up calling them on it, then I feel bad.

2. profile image0
      mothersofnationsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean when you say you feel bad after but really they  should have some remorse for thier deception. We never want to be nasty to others but it's wise to be upfront when the wolf comes dressed as a sheep. Stop the nonsense early. GBY

4. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 9 years ago

Traffic.  Waiting for a red light a second time because people were moving too slow when it was green. When the light's green, you go!!!

Construction causing a traffic jam!

2. Tammy L Bond profile image60
      Tammy L Bondposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree although I must admit that I've been that slow/non-moving person before...lol

I concur with Penny G about construction too - UGH!

3. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The worst is when there's a red light camera and it is taking my picture as I am making a right turn. There's no "No turn on red sign."  I'm not paying for that!

5. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 9 years ago

People who don't understand science but pretend to understand science.

People with no manners.

Loud chewing.

Dora the Explorer.

Having to wear a bra.

1. bethperry profile image83
      bethperryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Dora the Explorer - +++100,000 on that answer!

2. Link10103 profile image59
      Link10103posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I find that last one to be pretty interesting. The fact that I am male is completely unrelated ^. ^
      Lol

3. Aime F profile image70
      Aime Fposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes I barely make it through the door before whipping my bra across the room. Same with socks. Stifling, miserable garments.

4. Link10103 profile image59

Flying bras and soaring socks?

An interesting household you seem have there...

5. no body profile image68
      no bodyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

But all those Walmart videos... No bras in sight. As a man, I am thankful that that cruel man invented those because of the Walmart videos. Walmart videos drive me crazy all with reality shows like "Honey Boo Boo" and "Big Brother."  hahahaha

6. Tammy L Bond profile image60
      Tammy L Bondposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I concur regarding the bra & like you - it's off once I walk through the door.

6. bethperry profile image83
    bethperryposted 9 years ago

Something that drives me CRAZY is the overuse of long, convoluted telephone answering menus (you know, those that give you like 14-15 numbers you can hit to reach the person you want to talk to?). It is frustrating enough to come across these when calling an ordinary place of business, but now they are used at places people should be able to talk to a real person QUICKLY. I recently had to call the emergency room and I had to deal with a convoluted answering menu before I could speak to anyone at the front desk. It is rude and inexcusable, especially when my city taxes are helping pay for the emergency room service.

1. ChristinS profile image38
      ChristinSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

omg! my lawyers office was like this and then they'd change the menu options regularly so you couldn't bypass.  The kicker, you'd listen through the whole thing and then would hear "all lines are busy please try back later" then they'd hang up.

2. Penny G profile image60

Oh I agree, it's unusual to ever get anyone to answer the phone. In fact if they call me, immediately when I call back I get the messaage thing.  GRRRRR

7. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 9 years ago

A few things, but one thing that makes me crAZy are those in the left turning lane (with an arrow) that take forever to move because they're not paying attention.  The other thing is constantly seeing people walking with their heads down, texting away, anywhere and everywhere.  Come on, watch where you're going and disconnect for a moment.

1. Link10103 profile image59

Funny you should mention that. I ride my bike to work and I stay on the sidewalks. Today I saw a guy on a regular bike coming towards me, texting on his phone with one hand while the other hand had a bag in it. Neither were touching his handlebars...

8. Tammy L Bond profile image60
    Tammy L Bondposted 9 years ago

When people use two, too, to; there, their, they're incorrectly.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That makes me go into a HUNNIC RAMPAGE!

9. tom yam profile image61
    tom yamposted 9 years ago

When something is advertised for sale and i go to the counter to be told that it's out of stock. I wanted to buy a lap top  once and the display model was the only one left. They wouldn't let me have that one either.

Me too! I have gotten to the point I just call before I waste my gas or order on line. If it says back ordered I cancel immediately.

10. Diana Lee profile image76
    Diana Leeposted 9 years ago

When telemarketers call and no one is on the other end of the line. They just are seeing if someone is home at that time. The phone will ring at the same time another day only this time someone is trying to sell you something.

11. The Examiner-1 profile image61
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

Continuously chasing and killing so many different bugs inside my house. Plus trying to find natural ways for all of the new ones which keep appearing!

12. bensen32 profile image77
    bensen32posted 9 years ago

OH the list is endless but generally speaking, stupid people.
    How about the guy in the left lane going so slow, people who are so involved in their mobile device they are not paying attention to what is going on around them, people who pronounce the S in Illinois...seriously it's a silent S.
    Generally people with no common sense.

I'm with you on this.

2. gmwilliams profile image84

A RESOUNDING YES.  There are people who are just well, HOPELESS. Can't say anything elsel(NOT ALLOWED) but you KNOW what I AM THINKING!

13. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9621134_f260.jpg

Ughhhhh, there are so many things that sets me OFF!  Parents who complain that their children possess no initiative nor drive but always critique the latter if they make even a minor mistake and/or even do the task themselves because the latter aren't proficient in such tasks as the parents want them to be. Hello, mistakes are how children grow and develop.   Parents who constantly bring up their children's mishaps and failures as if the children are to be perfect at all times and NEVER err. These are the parents who view mistakes as some type of mortal transgression which is unforgiveable in their eyes. Parents who assert that their children are inept and/or slow regarding mastering a task but the parents do not adequately teach the child regarding mastering that task. These are the parents who believe that children should teach themselves. Again, HELLO, children at a very early age must be taught tasks which is the parents' job. 

Parents who have MORE children than they can adequately support financially and psychologically.What are these parents "thinking"? Don't they realize that by having a lot of children, their socioeconomic situation will be quite penurious at best? Don't they care about children growing up in socioeconomic poverty with little of the basic necessities such as food, clothing, and health care? Don't they realize that besides socioeconomic lack, their children will be bereft of quality parental attention? Well, guess not, these parents WANT what THEY WANT without considering the ramifications of large family life on their children.

Parents who moan about how unsuccessful their children are as adults but refusing to acknowledge that they had played a major role in this by criticizing their children's goals and dreams, having little or no concern about their children's intellectual development,and/or dismissing or denigrating their gifted children-wanting them to be N-O-R-M-A-L or A-V-E-R-A-G-E, instead of encouraging their giftedness. Parents who use insidious psychological and/or psychic means to destroy their children's self-esteem. Such parents are evil, soul destroying parents are incarnates of the most abysmal negativity.

People who refuse to learn and grow after being presented with evidence that will improve their lives and the lives of their children. People who believe in antiquated philosophies although such philosophies have no place in the postmodern era.  People who simply refuse to improve themselves AT ALL!

So much true in this. Many children today raise themselves as the parents tend to their  social lives. Parents are responsible for teaching and exposing children to information, opportunities, letting them developing their personalities.

14. connorj profile image69
    connorjposted 9 years ago

Nothing drives me absolutely crazy; however, an installed catheter comes close. When I was recovering from my comatose experience I can honestly text that. The catheter was significantly uncomfortable and painful...

1. The Examiner-1 profile image61
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

If they put one in me when I was unconscious, I would tell them "Take it out!!" when I was conscious.

2. Penny G profile image60

I have experienced this horrible intrusion of the human body. Yikes it does drive a person crazy!

15. erorantes profile image50
    erorantesposted 9 years ago

Definitely,  the hair can make anyone go insane.  There several ways of preventing feeling stress about your hair. Shampoo your hair every two or three days. Use conditioner each time you wash your hair. Apply deep conditioner every two weeks.
    After you towel dry your hair. You need to use styling products. Such as,  the use of cream  or oils  to prevent your hair getting damage from the styling hot tools. If your hair bothers you. Keep it in a pony tail. Then, the other things that stress you . They will not make your hair be or feel bad. With love for you.

16. profile image0
    kyjdsposted 9 years ago

The fact that people vote in the U.S. Elections for candidates who believe in the same things they do, rather than for the person who will best protect our rights and serve the U.S. Constitution!

It's not about what you want, it's about what's constitutional!

I agree too many people use the I word . It's not about a person it's about a free country where we can live without being killed because we are different or don't agree with the big man.

2. profile image0
      kyjdsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So true, Penny. :-)

3. gmwilliams profile image84

Kyjds, smart answer indeed. If more people thought like you, America would be 100% better!

17. no body profile image68
    no bodyposted 9 years ago

The things that make me the most nuts are things that really don't matter. I just sigh and wait for them to pass by. Like someone smacking their lips, or crinkling cellophane, or someone abusing the English language so that they seem like a person who barely qualifies as capable of speaking. I do my best to "endure" these indignities, my suffering through such things a testimony to how very kind and understanding I am of others differences. then breathe a sigh of relief when such individuals have moved on. hahaha

Hmm It seems we may come from the same mold.

2. no body profile image68
      no bodyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is good always good to have someone know how you feel.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)