'The One Philosopy That Counts'

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (25 posts)
  1. ScarletRyan1970 profile image60
    ScarletRyan1970posted 14 years ago

Although everyone goes through life with some set of
      ideas in his/her mind, it is conceivable that some
      people are so unthinking as to have no philosophy of life.
      Perhaps you yourself are one of these day to day people.
      Who judge that life needs to be lived and not philosophized
      about,yet i suppose this to be rather unlikely.
      Most people do have a philosophy of life even if it is a bad
      and selfish one.Like that of making one's own ambitions
      to be the only thing in life that counts.
      What is your Philosophy in life?

Scarlet Ryan

1. mohitmisra profile image62
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Knowledge leads to understanding which leads to peace and finally to love which is the basic fabric of this universe or God. smile

"Spread knowledge of the Light is what I must,
      Soon I will be just dust." smile

2. video lost profile image59
      video lostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ISLAM

Bush's ambition was to kill and butcher as much as possible so all ambitions and intuitions can not be good and only Islam is the philosophy which balances each and every thing in our lives.

2. ScarletRyan1970 profile image60

Hello,

From dust to dust.Good Answer.Is that it.That is your Philosophy

Spreading Light i like.Humour would be good too.

ha with a sense of humor off course wink
      Need to unite all religions and stop these mad wars over whose prophet or religion is greater or better. smile

3. ScarletRyan1970 profile image60

Hello,

True,true.Any idea when that is going to happen?
    And stop winking at me.Ah ha ha

ok sorry smile

Its not going to happen in my life time but my work or book will help after I am gone.God knows how long it will take but it will take a lot of time as this planet is full of fanatics with little knowledge of god who gather their strength in numbers. smile

I am sure you have heard this very often"Jesus died fr our sins he is the only son of god "Christians

Hindus" we have the oldest philosophy the rest are all a copy"

"Our prophet is the first recorded prophet" Parsees(Zaratushtra)

"Muhammad was the last messenger god sent us and we should all follow him" Muslims

Fanatics exist everywhere smile

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

FANATICALISM ONLY BEGINS WHEN YOU NEED OTHERS TO AGREE WITH what you think that ya believe in,  YA  know

Was the above mentioned statements incorrect? Or are you one of the above?

2. yes2truth profile image60
          yes2truthposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And Hinduism is not fanatical?

All religion is fanatical. All religion is man made at the behest of the Devil, for he invented religion through his son Cain.

1. earnestshub profile image81
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And who invented the devil again? Oh and who invented god? smile
            Religions are interpretations of the same books and without the book there is no religions, so anyone who believes in god does so through religious belief. smile

1. yes2truth profile image60

And who invented the God that invented God and not forgetting who invented the God that invented that God that then invented God who invented the Devil?

I know an old lady who swallowed a fly, I don't know why she swallowed a fly; perhaps she'll die!!

2. mohitmisra profile image62

You have fanatics in all religions but that is not the message of the religions or prophets.

The ones who give more importance to the messenger than the message , those are the fanatics.

"He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me." -John 12:44

4. yes2truth profile image60
    yes2truthposted 14 years ago

I have The Truth so I have no need of any philosophy.

Col 2:8 (KJV) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

For philosophy read the vanity of men!

1. Dutch Hermit profile image61
      Dutch Hermitposted 14 years agoin reply to this

agree with you a lot. Though I like philosophy a lot I believe there is nothing more important than the God: Phileo Theos: I love God!

2. Daniel Carter profile image61
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The "truth" is also a philosophy. So is holier-than-thou and self righteousness.

Read the Scripture or are you blind as well as daft.

1. Daniel Carter profile image61

I'm familiar with scripture. I just get the sense you are way too overly harsh which is a way of covering one's insecurities. We all have them, but we all respond a little differently. Harshness puts you as supreme commander, final authority, and last word. But it's also a cover for something deeper and insecure. Unflappable calm and peace is a sign of the surety of one's truth and understanding the source from which it originates.

Wishing you well. Didn't mean to offend if I did, which from your response appears that I did. I'm just surprised that being armed with such truth you would need to respond so harshly, that's all.

If you are familiar with The Holy Scripture then why did you counter it knowing full well that I would respond vigorously?

The Truth is not a philosophy. Only vain intellectuals full of BS have philosophies. Meaningless babblings that puff up the ego and do very little else.

Harsh? Not at all; blunt and in yer face yes, but that's just my style, don't take it personally. No offence taken.

1. Daniel Carter profile image61

You like a good argument, I take it. It's a rush and it's invigorating.
              I do respectfully disagree with you in that the truth is a philosophy. Additionally attitudes are the basis of philosophy. In order to nullify philosophy as  manmade device, then one must become aware of his relationship with God. As God is infinite, then so are all His doings and workings and the only way for our finite minds to comprehend the small portion that we can is to simply know that He "is" and we therefore become "aware". In becoming aware, we gain our direction and purpose. We understand the spiritual laws, the prophets and Atoning One. 

Probably rubbish to you, eh?

Absolutely, for The Truth is The Lord Jesus Christ and there is no way He can be a philosophy. Philosophy is named after the Canaanite Jew Philo - a blaspheming dog.

To call The Truth a philosophy is also a blasphemy and for the truthful reasons I have already given earlier. Men and their philosophy, for all philosophy is of man, is sheer vanity.

5. Paradise7 profile image69
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

I try to keep it simple, myself.  The "Golden Rule", which I believe comes from the Christian New Testament, works for me as well as anything has done:

"Do unto others as you would have them do to you."

In other words, treat other people as well as possible, since that's the way I'd like to be treated.

I'm human and err sometimes, forgetting this rule in the heat of temperment, but on the whole, the more I try to keep it in mind, the better it works.

6. beth811 profile image77
    beth811posted 14 years ago

I agree to yes2truth.

7. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/whoreallycares
    hope this answers questions=)

8. Bentley Life profile image61
    Bentley Lifeposted 14 years ago

Riding a of  Ambitionz. The only philosophy that soothes the soul.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)