Who can speak with authority?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 9 years ago

Who can speak with authority?

I have been told that I speak with authority from a few christians.  I have also noticed the they do the same but the do not see it that way.  Who can or is permitted to speak with authority concerning anything that is written in the Bible or taught in Church? This is a serious question.

2. S.S.YOGI profile image61
    S.S.YOGIposted 9 years ago

I can speak with authority the religious belief of mine. In  fact I am an illumined raja yogi as per Hindu belief and details are shown in my following website:My belief is from my own experience and not from any book knowledge.
    www.sivavision.org
    Thanks to all,
    S.S.Yogi

Lady Guinevereposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I also have had personal experience too.  Check out my hub:  http://ladyguinevere.hubpages.com/hub/D … aven-Story

3. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 9 years ago

Yeshua stated that ALL power and authority had been give to Him, He also stated that 'these things and greater, you will do in my name'.

By simple conclusion any believer who comes to the 'fullness of Christ' will be qualified to speak in His name, with authority.

Most speaking with authority is actually quoting, reciting, elaborating on the words Yeshua spoke.

I do understand and I do think that I can speak with authority in Jesus's name.  I have had an experience to do so from Jesus and was told to speak out against those who are afraid of his words.  One such experience I wrote in a  hub.

4. bdn9385 profile image59
    bdn9385posted 9 years ago

Only Christ. The rest of the world has no authority. Note that in revelation, Christ is the only one able to take the scrolls from God and unseal them one by one. The bible is highly encrypted and only Christ is able to wrestle the odds of decrypting it. All because he is the Son of God. In contrast, common people are merely repackaging the word of God. Nothing new. Of course few people have been specifically chosen by God and has been bestowed authority to deliver his messages meanwhile that his son is not yet but once His son arrives then all authority will rest upon him in absolute singularity. God used to be the one with authority but the israelites demanded a human leader from Him. And God gave us his son in response to that. Both God and human. Both son of God and son of Man. The great indicator of authority is the power asociated with the words of the speaker. It's as if you've been struck by lightning, burned with fire or frozen by snow the moment you heard the message. This is something new. Something refreshing. Something enlightening. Something drastic, dramatic, frightening! Something that rumbles and shatters you from within by the sight or by hearing it. Something obviously out of this world yet exciting and revealing. Something true but long been hidden. The moons and the stars have authority at night. But the sun dominates the day. In the same manner, some men were given little authority to shed little light in the night. But the authority of His Son is as the light of the Sun full strength at noon time. It is very hard to explain but one thing, expect the unexpected on these very last days. Your world is about to turn upside down. You will be dumbfounded. There will be shaking of the nations and there will be falling of the stars! And i don't mean literally. Lol! That is when you know that someone indeed has authority. When you hear someone speak of words which no one can rival. Or when you see calmness in one person in the midst of massive catastrophe. Or when you see a person walk above the waters, command the clouds, heal the lepers and cast evil spirits. And u know im not saying literally. Many imitated but unable to emulate the intensity associated with this actions. Authority will emerge in a manner no one is able to refute for that is what is meant by Authority. Otherwise, it is not authority but mere mediocrity or counterfeit authority. Questioning authority means it has not yet emerged. So watch out! Do not be the last to see! smile

Thanks for your enlightening comment.

5. krillco profile image86
    krillcoposted 9 years ago

Jesus has set us free from the Law. He spoke with authority because He had/has such an intimate relationship with God. Part of what Jesus did in His ministry was show us the WAY to to have a consistent transformative relationship with God. It is that intimate EXPERIENCE of God, through the leadership and person of Jesus, that allows us to 'rightly divide the Word' on our own, and then communicate the truth to others...Read an author named Marcus Borg.

He never said that he set us free from anything.  What he did was put the law in our hearts and minds so that we would never forget them and that we would have some self responsibility for our own thoughts and actions. God is Within us all.

6. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 9 years ago

I guess the priest ir pastor are the ones who speaks with weight

Most times they are taught what to teach...finances in keeping the church as a non for profit business and how to keep their flock as in brainwash into submission and the perpetual guilt.

7. Sinbadsailorman profile image59
    Sinbadsailormanposted 9 years ago

Authority Was given to everyone of those who claimed, are claiming or in the process of claiming the Gift of GOD's Grace! Which is the Gift of Salvation

The Authority is for Declaring Ones Freedom of Choice to that right to choose that Gift and Follow Christ Unto the Father GOD

Which is In Heaven. But be not Confused Satan is in Heaven at this Time as Well and Has been since Christ Order him there when he Stated for him (Satan) to get thee behind me! Satan will be cast out from Heaven and Again we will have Authority to Speak against him and those in his employ

The Authority that Most are familiar with is Man authority upon men  by Force, Fear, or Trickery. Political leaders, Governments, Dictators, Royalties (Kings and Queens) or civil servants such as the Police and Military personnel

But this Authority given for Us to speak by Christ is a choice of our own making. To choose GOD or Satan as our Father's and to Possess the right to make this choice in the face of any enemy Spiritual or earthly.  Is Given to us by GOD Himself as Jesus

Jesus has always been from the beginning (The Word) God's Personal Messenger because even the Angels couldn't see the Father in HIS true Form. Jesus is an Avatar used by GOD as not to destroy those with whom HE is interacting with. Only Souls can be present fully exposed to GOD's True Form No Angel nor any other creature of GOD's Own Making

Hence we Have Jesus as An Angel Being (Still God's Avatar) who was Made to be lower than the Angels because we are lower than the Angels for we here on earth all fell and followed Satan as our Father when we did fall

We were then recreated into Flesh by GOD and the Fallen Lucifer Satan into flesh beings. Let Us make Man in our Image this is Satan and GOD who agree to how Satan would finish that task which he was given to do. Teach GOD's Children. Satan in Heaven was Lucifer the Light Barer. when he Fell became Satan when he choose not to repent from falling. Satan is still held responsible for everything upon the earth

This is why he was returned to face GOD for allowing Jesus to die upon the cross falsely accused. And inspired men to do this at his request not man's Again as he did in the garden Satan again betrayed GOD and God's Children

GOD know this to be the case from the Garden Gave Mankind the Authority to choose to speak against the evilness of Satan and all who fell and did not accept the Gift of rebirth into an Innocent flesh Body Born of Water by Woman(EVE)who fell2

Thank you for that fascinating answer.

8. Epleeba1 profile image61
    Epleeba1posted 9 years ago

Up front I admit to being a "closet atheist" so my comment may not be strictly in context. I feel all organized religions are inherently flawed by the people who lead them or manage their organization. No human can speak with authority over the heart, intellect or even "soul" of another human. We can establish standards of behavior over one-another and even share our opinions with each other. This is not truly "speaking with authority" - it is recommending or suggesting. The only authority over any human's heart is the heart itself. Human evolution has provided us with an intellect that can perceive right and wrong and can show empathy. Between that intellect and the human heart lies the only real authority.

Thank you for your answer.  I do like a variety of opinions so your comment is well accepted.

9. profile image0
    AC-DCposted 9 years ago

Authority as you have put it may be the wrong words to use concerning human beings. When we accept Jesus into our hearts, it is said in the Bible to spread the good news of Christ and salvation through him. This is the only authority given to man. It is each and everyone's responsibility to spread the good news of Christ.

As far as ultimate authority, this has been give to Jesus Christ by God. The ultimate authority resides with deity.

Yes, spreading the GOOD News of Jesus it the utmost importance and not twisting it to be a sword to harm.

10. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 9 years ago

I used to work in a field where credentials and references were not used for confidentiality and secrecy reasons. We simply would have to meet a few times and get a feel for who we were dealing with. Given the topic or commodity one would soon learn who spoke in what area with authority and that person then had all the bonafides necessary.

I think it is the same in matters spiritual. We must simply listen to the person long enough to form an opine as to their authority on a subject. Some can speak with the authority of man. While others are given the gift of speaking with the authority of the word. This can be seen in an age old tradition when people say amen, to something someone has said. It really means "truth" or as modern "true that". I do not think I can determine that I speak with authority, that would be up to the listener.

I agree with the listening part.  Lots of people do not know how to do that.  They either talk when the other person is talking or they try to talk the other peson into not believing what they believe.  There is a denial phase to change.

2. Ericdierker profile image46
      Ericdierkerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

thank you Debra

11. profile image0
    MrDanielAbramposted 9 years ago

The Pope can speak with authority to all catholics.

Who gave him that authority?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)