GOD and tolerance or.......not?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (95 posts)
  1. quietnessandtrust profile image60
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

Well some of you posted on the topic of---
    Tolerate-Tolerated-Tolerance-Tolerable-Tolerating...Intolerance ???
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/22235

And now that you have said there are things you will not tolerate.

Don't you think GOD has things HE will not tolerate as well?

Or do you think HE should just tolerate everyone and everything?

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If he exists and this is his creation, he should tolerate everything. If not ,Why did he create something he can't tolerate in the first place ? big_smile

quietnessandtrustposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He tolerates you because I asked Him to. big_smile big_smile big_smile

Oh! thank you so much! big_smile Now I can rest in peace! lol

2. mohitmisra profile image61
        mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice  smile

3. tantrum profile image61

Yeah that's exactly what i think. Hi Randy smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
          Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good morning Tantrum.

Good to C U around ! cool

2. mohitmisra profile image61

Everything is and has been in absolute perfection so there is no need for god to have any tolerance.

Because you have the notion of 'perfection' there is the notion of 'imperfection'
        Absolute perfection doesn't exist .It's an utopy. Would you call perfection all the people killed in wars?Genetic malformations? Poverty?

1. mohitmisra profile image61

Yes their souls journey is perfect , they decided when and how to die as god is within each and every one of them.
          Then at the same time there is nothing like death .No one dies smile

Sorry ,but I will never understand that. It looks as an easy way to explain the 'horrors' of this world smile

Just words which really don't do justice .smile Only when one dies will he or she be able to relate to what I have written smile

Well, As all of us will be there one day or another, we'll have to wait lol

lol   not very long  lol

In a blink of Brahma's eye ! lol lol

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

This may be true.  But then again, it may not be.  No way to tell here on earth.

I know the perfection. smile

Unless you are already dead you just suspect the perfection.  I doubt you have any greater sense of the afterlife (if there is one) than any other human being.  This is another problem with believers, their supposed knowledge of god and his intentions.

3. Randy Godwin profile image59

If there was such a being I doubt he would be surprised at anything he created.  He already knows what the outcome would be so tolerance is not even relative to the question.

4. profile image0
      ClareBarosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe God absolutely loves everyone, but there is one unforgivable sin called unbelief.  God allows us to choose Him or not.  I also believe God meets everyone where they're at, and we're all on our own journeys, and undeniably works in progress.  Even in the face of deliberateness, because God has ways of dealing with our deliberateness that are merely attempts of isolating us so we WILL turn for Him.  Would you say so also?

So I'm a sinner? How you dare! Because I don't believe I'm not a bad person! sad you should think before writing. I think sad

1. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is only one unforgivable sin and that is to blaspheme the holy ghost.

One sin is no greater than another.
          Non belief is a condition not a sin. 

If one sin is greater than another I thing self righteousness would be at the top of the list

First one would have to believe in the holy ghost in order for blasphemy to be sincere.  Self righteousness seems to be the main emotion exhibited by those "believers" who preach to us non-believers.

I mocked god, the Holy Spirit when I was young then I gained enlightenment so this is all nonsense.
              Yes I did say sorry later on but I did mock earlier on.

Sometimes I still curse god.

"Knowing you are perfect ,
              I still curse you with disrespect."

The choicest of words but then god is my best friend smile

I too was guilty of that sin and do believe that I have recieved forgiveness.
                I think that those sins that were comitten in ignorance are forgiven.
                I didn't call anyone ignorant except for myself.

Have you gained enlightenment?

I am not sure if I have reached enlightenment as you would say

I believe that to understand has nothing to do with the learned perception from others.
                    to be educated is knowledge
                    to be able to figure it out is wisdom
                    Maybe this kind of wisdom in on the path to enlightenment???

2. profile image0

Actually, I don't know you and have read nothing about you even as I speak.  But now that you mention it, according to biblical evaluation, we are all sinners.  I.e., we're all human and make mistakes.  There is deliberateness and there is ignorance. 

Ever notice when someone is accusing you of something, the accusation originates from what they're believing about themselves. 

Back to the theme of the half full cup, God loves everyone.

You don't get it, don't you ? I don't believe !

1. profile image0

It's never been a need of mine for obtaining permission from anyone for "getting it".  Sorry, chaos, I've been directed off.

lol The answer I thought you'll give. Typical lol

1. profile image0

Great day in the evening LOL!

Your opinion, but nothing supports this belief other than what you may wish for things to be.

1. profile image0

Scripture does not support that God loves everyone?  Cooooooome ooooooon . . . yes it does.  BTW, I do very much need reassurance and proof that it is so.

1. profile image0

If John 3:16 is not love for everyone, then . . .

Unless one believes the scripture emanated from God it doesn't prove anything.  Not hard to fathom.  If I quoted some ancient Mayan or Aztec, how much faith would you put in their words?

3. Daniel Carter profile image63
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unbelief is unforgivable, but murder, genocide and these atrocities are?
        I'm sorry but this is a very twisted thought process. I adamantly disagree.

I agree with Tantrum on the whole. The rest is pretty much nonsense.

Thanks ! cool and mohitmisra is a wonderful human being despite our differences. smile

I agree and respect his opinion even though I differ in my beliefs.  Nice guy!

Thanks guys you are both very nice as well smile

2. profile image0

Just because some abuse their gracious salvation and treat it as a license to sin, causing God's grace to be blasphemed, that ought not to argue against the reality of His grace.

John 6:37 (KJV) All that the Father giveth Me shall come to Me; and him that cometh to Me, I will in no wise cast out.

It only means that such people do not understand what constitutes real grace. Romans 6:1 presents the argument against such thinking: We who are dead to sin ought no longer to live that way. The grace of God establishes a moral ground and obligation for holy behavior. However, God does not enforce this by reneging on His promise of salvation. Rather, those who willfully sin suffer the loss of rewards, and thus will be ashamed at Christ's coming. Hebrews 10:26-31

5. bigbrock999 profile image60
      bigbrock999posted 14 years agoin reply to this
    6. carolegalassi profile image60
      carolegalassiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Bible says that God is slow to anger and that would be for everyone.  God puts up with us all, but there is a limit.

7. carolegalassi profile image60
      carolegalassiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Bible says that God is slow to anger and that would be for everyone.  God puts up with us all, but there is a limit.

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

No, I don't think he exists. smile

Yes, this I know of you big_smile
      So if HE did....then what would be your answer? smile

2. skye2day profile image68
      skye2dayposted 14 years agoin reply to this
      1. skye2day profile image68

That is a very scary thought. Do you believe in anything larger then yourself? Who created you? I will pray for you. You have a choice, obvious to believe what you want. Say there is a heaven and hell when you pass on, where do you go? I am curious in the non believers answer. Who do you believe in? Man? Where do you get info? Why do many beleive this? No existance in God. I do not get it at all. This baffles me. My life would have no meaning if I had nothing to look forward to after this life. Life is not Primrose Lane, I wonder how one gets by without a belief in God. Warm Wishes

Nobody wants/needs your prayers. Thank you !

3. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

some people can not resist pi----g up a well.
       I tried that once.  it all falls back in your face.

4. Jerami profile image58

@tantrum
    I already know that you got it together better than anyone else wants to let you know that they know.
        you are closer to god than you know; or than anyone else wants for you to know.  What is truth??
           What is Truth?
           What is truth????????
       It ain't in worshiping the CHURCH.
       It ain't in worshiping nothing!
       It is someplace in the middle

5. Jerami profile image58

This is possibly my farewell to all.  I'm goind "T" ya off with a little bit of honesty. I came on these forums as a virgin.  Have never done this before.  What I have found is that the atheist on these forums are closer to god than many of the bible thumpin Christians that are shaking their fingers and arguing with everyone that does not agree with them.  The truth is that ...ALL... have been deceived!!!!!!!    The dragon cast out of his mouth a flood of waters and the world has swallowed it up.
         You and ME swallowed it up!
          Tha world has bought into it
          Tha world will fight to the death to defend it
          Cause somebody said.
          And you caint get off ...their... band wagon.
          Cause you caint read scripture for yourselves.
          cause you gotta have somebody tell ya what to believe.
          but since we do have free will you do have the choice as to "WHO" will tell ya what you believe.
              Don't nobody got it right!!!!
    But as long as we argue about the little s--t we ain't paying attention to what is really goin on.
          Time is shorter than ya think
         Yaul keep doin what you do best,  to the point that caint nobody believe any thing anyone says..
         Interpret,  Interpret, Interpret , Interpret
    everybody got tha right to express their own.
       Who said that was right?
      Understanding scripturer aint that hard if ya just don't change any of it to suit yourself.
          If you call yourself a Christian ... why cain't ya believe what "HE" said ???   cause some body said something else ??   Well who do ya say you believe??  Jesus,  but some body else said this !!!!   But who do you say that you believe ????  But Paul said this !!!   and who do you say that you believe ???   But Peter said this !!   And who do you say that you believe ???   But Timothy said that !!!

WHO DO YOU SAY THAT YOU ARE BELIEVING IN ???IN ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

6. earnestshub profile image80

That is how it goes with religion. The bible as well as the quoran
    will say whatever you want it to say! smile

I says what you want it to say after and only after THA  CHURCH  said that is is OK for everbody to interpret it for them selves.  There is a truth under there someplace under 10 million diffrent interpretations.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is truth in all things I guess. Even the psychotic ramblings in the OT have some truth. They do provide some information as the Greeks did with their mythology, painting a broad picture that displays the scope of the human condition. smile

I believe that life is an ongoing process of self evaluation and re-evaluation of what we believe as truth. I can not stop believing in a creator. Energy and matter does not cease to exist, it changes forms but does not cease to exist. The life force that drives our physical bodies does not cease to exist after it leaves the body. This energy is evolved higher than that of a car battery. This life force has self awareness. I think that, that life force has to go someplace. Maybe?? It determines it's own final destination???  After examining all of the scientific details , the basic truth still remains. The basic truth is simple. It is all of those man made rules and regulations that seems to create a MYSTERY ! 
                Scientific laws of the universe are really not that different than Gods rules.  For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction. propulsion can not happen unless it has something to be repulsed away from. GOOD does not and can no be of itself without BAD. Sometimes scientific details get in the way of seeing the simple scientific facts. IT ain't that hard to understand anything if seen through the eyes of the simple minded person. I would rather be simple minded and reason myself as understanding than to think myself wise and unfilled in my not knowing "IT ALL" . Maybe this is what is wrong with mankind as a whole??   
             I am not speaking ABOUT anyone other than my self.

7. earnestshub profile image80

I think that although energy and matter continue, past death the soul and spirit get very complicated in science, but there are some theories in science, and a lot of empirical support for soul in the writings of Jung and many post Jungians.

The good and bad argument also takes on many dimensions such as brain chemical balance etc etc.
    I see no reason to believe in god. smile

8. sarmack profile image61
    sarmackposted 14 years ago

I don't know where I saw it, but someone had commented that the one unforgiveable sin was unbelief?  Could not find it again, skimming over the page!
    The unforgiveable sin is apostasy.  Apostacy is standing in the way of the Messenger or Message from God.  He will not tolerate people ignoring His Message! 
    I really feel sorry for this person! "I see no reason to believe in god"  You are missing out on the whole reason for living this life!  You know I don't get alot of traffic to my HUBs and that is OK, because they are only for the special few.  But, I placed one in an international site and got really kind, intelligent response back. There are other countries with so much greater Spirituality than here in the US.  This is a country Founded by God for His people.  If you don't see a reason to believe in Him, you are missing the whole point of why things are as they are.  Why certain people live where they live.  Why certain people believe what they believe...  Without Him there is no Meaning to life.
    I Adore Him!!!

The usual insulting rot! So because I don't believe in your god I know less than you do?
      As for the threats of your invisible un proven entity why should I regard them, your scared enough of them for both of us!

Don't talk down to me like I am as dumb assed as you are! smile lol

Believers say they see the Truth, the Light....But they are so blind! That I wonder... yikes  Maybe they are dreaming big_smile

Wrong!  The first Spanish explorers entered around Tampa Bay Florida looking for more Native American slaves to toil in the fields and businesses of Cuba and the other Spanish conquered islands.  They had already exhausted the native population of the islands in the Caribbean by either enslaving or killing them.  This country was not founded by God for his people unless god condoned murder and enslavement.  Of course later on the church ruled enslavement of the "heathens" was better than allowing them to worship the "wrong" god.

9. Moonchild60 profile image74
    Moonchild60posted 14 years ago

I recall that God is supposed to be loving and forgiving.  Also that  he gave us free will, knowing we would do just about ANYTHING.  So I would imagine he knew tolerating a great deal would be part of this package. After all, he was also all knowing right?

10. earnestshub profile image80

I wish they were, they would eventually wake up! lol

I hope not. They wouldn't be fun anymore ! lol

The fun stops for me when they start teaching this crap to impressionable people and children too young to think for themselves.

I was one that got 'impressed' and I survived.

Me too!  I was "drafted" into the church by a pastor who was desperate for anyone to join the church.  Being young, I did what I was told to do even though I did not believe in God.  Other young people did the same for the same reason.  I will never forget how bad I felt when the real believers started congratulating me for making the "right" decision.  "Blark," this is the sound of me throwing up.

lol I was born in a catholic family, so I went through baptism and comunion, and then I grew up and thought for myself. at last free !! big_smile

11. earnestshub profile image80

It's not scary at all actually.
    Of course I believe in all things other than self.
    I find it impossible to see how you could go on believing in a god despite the masses of evidence against it which grows daily, and the complete nonsense in believing the bible or other religious tomes were "inspired" by anything except the need to control. smile The bible is a mix of older stories and beliefs retold in a way to create fear in disciples.
    No person or entity who has followers motivated by fear will survive the logic of modern psychological thinking.

Your god has all the worst traits of man. Most humans are not as psychotic as the nasty gods in the bible and quoran.

1. skye2day profile image68
  12. earnestshub profile image80

Spot on Randy. smile
    Me three! smile

Welcome to the club big_smile

You are a Spaniard yes?

No. Something like it. big_smile

I was just asking because of your last name is all.
            The Conquistadors were some nasty folks....as well as plenty of others like them.
            A lot has been done in the name of GOD when GOD did not tell them to do any of it.
            I am married to a Castilian myself. big_smile Last name was Monte' Mayor

True, but many used God's word( many think the scripture is God's word) as proof that slavery was right and good.  Another reason not to take scripture seriously.

Using God as an excuse to murder and enslave people was not limited to the Spaniards. Many Europeans, and Americans, used the scriptures to commit atrocities all over the world.  If you are a fan of stupid acts in the name of God please read about Cotton Mather.  This son of a minister, a minister himself, helped murder a number of innocent people during the infamous "Salem Witch Trials."  This horrendous story should be required reading for anyone who gets too involved with the Christian religion.

13. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

@randy
    lol I think he's asking me if I'm spaniard because of my name. I replied to his e-mail and he found out that i have a spanish name

14. skye2day profile image68
    skye2dayposted 14 years ago

The Word of God is the only Word that has come to pass. There is only one God in the Bible not many Gods. Jesus went to the cross and suffered a horrific death so you,me could be forgiven of sin. It is a choice. No one is going to twist your arm to believe in the Risen God. Jesus came so man could be spared hell, forgiven of sin and live eternity in His presence where there is no pain,tears or suffering.

The world is Satans domain. He is the fallen angel.He comes to steal, kill, destroy decieve others. Manipulate and cause havoc. Any lie to take one from the Creator of the Heavens and Earth. Satan is doomed and will go to hell with his followers one day to burn 4 ever. His time is soon he knows it. Many will be decueved. If you deny Jesus your deny the Father you will not make heaven.
    Say I am right? Say there is a hell eternal damnation and fire.
    Heaven Paradise.What do you want when you die? Say I am right?
    If you died tonight and I am right where would you rather be?
    I choose Heaven. Ask Jesus into your heart, confees sin, believe he died on the cross for your sin you will be saved. Do not say no one told you. This is in the Bible John 3:16
    Would you rather burn in Hell or get a fee ticket to Heaven? I did not come to argue but to tell the truth with fact and evidence. I never said I would pray for you tantrum I never talked down to you. I never spoke to you. Do not call me ass, you do not know me. Be rude to your fans if you choose not me. Thank You. You do not want prayer?
    I may get one in there for you anyway. Sweet Dreams I am out of here. You have no evidence to back your words. Sorry. 
    Hey tantrum  You are ignorant, if you were so smart you would know what the Word of God says so you could argue with evidence. You evidence is coming from your own opinion. Where is your fact?  Back your talk with evidence.
    Are you really that evil? I think not you just think you are.
    You think tuff but your a scared pup. Only a scared pup cries that someone called him on his stuff. Prove it. You do not know what to beleive. You are Lost. I feel sorry for you. I really do. You do not want prayer? May God help you tantrum. Throw rocks at me I do not care. The arrows will boucne off of me. I have a sword and shield. I have the oldest text ever written and not one person, place or thing has proved it wrong or false. They have tried, but cannot. Sorry but true. Unless you have read it you have nothing concrete to stand on.
    What are you standing on what evidence?? I stand on The Father, he is my rock. The Word of God is the Truth, Life and the Way. The light always put outs the dark. 
    tantrum fits you. Yikes Good night Sweet Dreams.

lol lol lol Not answering . It's not worth it ! lol lol lol

I agree Tantrum!  Shades of AW. Ha to the 5th power!

lol thanks randy ! But this he/she person made laugh last night lol so maybe I should thank her/him ! big_smile

Was it meant to be humorous or was it a laugh of incredulity?

both lol silliness is laughable, sometimes big_smile

15. Moonchild60 profile image74
    Moonchild60posted 14 years ago

I love the way Chrisitans say non-believers have no evidence.  Evidence of what?  What evidence do Christians have?  Stories that no one can prove were real or imagined?  Then they can always go to the ever popular "that is what faith is for" when all else fails?  What proof, real proof, do Christians have that there is a God, or ever was one?  None.  That is faith.  They cannot point to the bible because that is just a book of stories made up by men over and over and over again...
    What proof is there then?  Because mom and dad said so?  The priest said so?  Because the belief in this scarey hell place puts so much fear into their Christian hearts they HAVE to believe?  I would look at how ridiculous my own beliefs were before pointing a finger at a non-believer.  Pray for yourselves Christians you do not have the sense to question only mindlessly follow.

Wow Moonchild, a thinker! Religion is ridiculous and unsupportable. The "proof" is just as crazy and contradictory. To attempt to live this book literally is also a nonsense. smile

16. earnestshub profile image80

Some of god's "tolerance"

If anyone comes to me without hating his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, and even his own life, he can not be my disciple.   (Luke 14:26 NAB)

Narrow minded little god! smile

17. earnestshub profile image80

Yeh there is a limit.

"I will sweep away everything in all your land," says the LORD.  "I will sweep away both people and animals alike. Even the birds of the air and the fish in the sea will die.  I will reduce the wicked to heaps of rubble, along with the rest of humanity," says the LORD.  "I will crush Judah and Jerusalem with my fist and destroy every last trace of their Baal worship.  I will put an end to all the idolatrous priests, so that even the memory of them will disappear.  For they go up to their roofs and bow to the sun, moon, and stars.  They claim to follow the LORD, but then they worship Molech, too.  So now I will destroy them!  And I will destroy those who used to worship me but now no longer do.  They no longer ask for the LORD's guidance or seek my blessings."   (Zephaniah 1:2-6 NLT)

Nice, insane little god eh? Kill everyone! lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)