hello all

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (35 posts)
  1. tech savvy babe profile image60
    tech savvy babeposted 14 years ago

Im just curious how to get a higher hub score, i am a new hubber with 2 hubs and a score of zero

1. KL Burchfield profile image59
      KL Burchfieldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Im new too ;]
      hiii.

2. marshall92 profile image66
      marshall92posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If your hubs are well-written and have links, pictures, videos etc., your hub score will increase. If you participate in the forums and leave comments at other peoples' hubs, your hub score will increase. These are just a few ways.

3. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG What a way to start! How come you just got a naught when you started?
      When I started, they gave me a 0 + a 'T' smile

I guess it can only get better. Welcome to HP.

1. tech savvy babe profile image60
        tech savvy babeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you smile

1. Pearldiver profile image67

You are Welcome. Hi from NZ. smile

4. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to hubpages smile
      what's written above is a joke  between K L and me lol

Hehe.  But he is one of my favorite fans noww!

1. tantrum profile image60

thanks ( I'm blushing smile )

heehee, you should be!  You should feel honored!

5. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am not so sure about you as your score is zero, never saw that before. Something is wrong.

6. wesleycox profile image71
      wesleycoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Be here longer than a day.

7. Pinoys profile image68
      Pinoysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm a bit luckier than you, got me an 11.  But it's 24 hours since I joined.  You just might need to wait...

2. tech savvy babe profile image60

thank you for your speedy reply, I plan to do this, i was just curious why the score was so low my friend who introduced me to hubpages started with a hubscore of 50

I wouldn't have a clue, im a newby too.
      People can be really mean to you at first.

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really?  Sorry to hear that.

I started with a zero, just takes a few days for it to go up.  No worries!

Welcome!

I don't remember what I started with, but once people started reading mine went up too.

2. tantrum profile image60

Yes !! lol

Haha, Tantrum knows ;]

3. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I read your profile. bye now. Very nice poetry.

3. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Usually when a hubber has a zero score, it's because of duplicate content or other similar issues. Have you posted these articles elsewhere? Perhaps some more experienced hubbers can give you a better answer.

4. tech savvy babe profile image60

No duplicate content. I think hubpages must have changed their policy to discourage spammers, oh well im sure it will go up over time. thanks for your replies.

5. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I know someone who joined yesterday, she started at zero and is now at like, 4.

1. Pearldiver profile image67

Really?  I thought you had to be 18 WS?

6. tech savvy babe profile image60

thats encouraging, has she made many hubs?

7. tech savvy babe profile image60

If people read my hubs and rate them up will that increase my hubscore does anyone know?

hmm, im not positive but I think it might.
      Just a guess.

2. blue dog profile image60
      blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

tk will come along shortly and give you all the information you need, mostly in an abbreviated fashion.

8. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Yes............ You will also increase it by reading theirs & doing the same.

9. vancouver profile image40
    vancouverposted 14 years ago

welcome to hubpages tech savvy girl, just have patience and become a part of the community. Posting positive hubs that have good content will get your score up in no time.

10. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

Welcome to Hub PAges.
    I'd suggest that you ignore the numbers for a while.
    Don't even look at them for a couple of weeks.

As you participate in hub pages by writing good hubs, participating in the forums, etc. your rankings will increase.

Trying to compare yourself to someone else who just started, and trying to second guess why the numbers are different is a waste of time. (Unless don't really have anything more interesting to yack about)
    Cheers, Eric G.

11. tech savvy babe profile image60

Thanks for the advice! smile

12. blaise25 profile image75
    blaise25posted 14 years ago

interaction in HP community, hub content, some traffics to your hubs are some of the things i know to increase hubscore

13. HrtsMakeFamilies profile image62
    HrtsMakeFamiliesposted 14 years ago

Hi all.  This conversation has helped me alot to understand why.  I feel like a brand new baby out here.  I don't understand tag words.  I don't understand the point system.  And I can't figure out how to get people to be fans either.

1. profile image0
      Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

fans will come eventually smile Just keep active in the community and other hubbers will begin noticing you. The more they see your name in the forums or see comments from you on hubs, the moretraffic you'll get and eventually fans smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)