When do you throw in the towel and delete non-performing hubs due to lack of tra

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)
  1. bonda profile image42
    bondaposted 8 years ago

When do you throw in the towel and delete non-performing hubs due to lack of traffic.

i recently took two hubs to the cemetery because I had updated them 3 or 4 times, but still no visitors.   

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12589368_f260.jpg

2. Oscarlites profile image69
    Oscarlitesposted 8 years ago

Well, how many times do you have to hear it said.   the viewer's of hubpages are finicky!!!     'I wish you the best, writer!     I wish it were a requirement that each writer has to read someone elses hub each time they log into hubpages!      moj. btw, I like the car!

1. bonda profile image42
      bondaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I must remember that there is no math in what we do, such as 1+1 = 2. With writing it's, give it your best shot then keep your fingers crossed for some visitors, like this vintage Ford.

3. Pokegod profile image56
    Pokegodposted 8 years ago

I'd say it depends. Some topics just don't have a lot of people searching it, where as others get a lot. And is there really a point to deleting some just because they don't get many visitors? I mean I'm new here so I don't know if there are limits or not, but I have worked with other things like this and I've learned that the more things (in this case hubs) that you have, the more traffic you'll generate, even if it's only a few more people. Also, if its not doing well you can try to promote it across social media with the same topics. Example, if you are writing about book releases or something, there's an app called books amino you can get to post about it.

1. vocalcoach profile image92
      vocalcoachposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I let mine sit for awhile.  If traffic doesn't pick up then I do some editing including the title.  I also increase my promotion of low--traffic hubs. To my surprise often these sleepers will suddenly show an increase in traffic.

2. bonda profile image42

That is most frustrating, using social media and other strategies and still the hub does not move an inch.  Hubpages does not have limits as such.  It is just the frustration that grips writers from time to time.  Thanks.  Will check out amino.

4. profile image0
    mikeydcarroll67posted 8 years ago

I typically just leave them alone. I don't even try bothering to look at which hubs are getting the most traffic, I just look at the overall picture.

1. bonda profile image42

I should.  I just get frustrated if i see that NOT FEATURED sign despite adding some nutmeg, paprika, garlic, curry leaves and anything i can think of, to spice them up.

5. profile image0
    Kevin Goodwinposted 8 years ago

I say just leave your hubs the way that they are. Sometimes you just have to think and be proud of what you wrote no matter what other people think. Keep your head up and keep writing. I love the car too.

1. bonda profile image42

Vintage Ford Bellair was on show during 2015 Canada Day, July 1.  I was so envious of all the attention it got.  I want all my hubs to have decent traffic, but that is wishful thinking, but writing, i shall.

6. Tusitala Tom profile image66
    Tusitala Tomposted 8 years ago

Keep them all there.   Some are bound to be more popular than others.   As for me, I've put up well over 300 in the past five years or so.  Some have been evaluated as not of sufficient quality to be displayed.  On the other hand others have had over a thousand viewers.   It all averages out.

The ones that 'don't make the cut' can be changed.  The ideas are already in them.  You might simply need to make them, for example, longer, or put a couple of more photos in them.   

You worked to put them there.  Leave them there.   It'll do you ego more harm than good to simply delete them.

1. bonda profile image42

Yes, we spend hours on our hubs, thinking of angles, writing, editing and sourcing pics.  We also have hub ideas we don't develop at all because we feel  they won't fly.  O.K. Ignore those NOT FEATURED signs, is the general feeling.

2. Oscarlites profile image69
      Oscarlitesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree!   I know that your writing level changes, as well as your focus and interest with the passing years. I look back at some of my previously written hubs and realize I already left that stage, but it really was me when I wrote it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)