What chore or task do you get tired of doing?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Rochelle Frank profile image92
    Rochelle Frankposted 8 years ago

What chore or task do you get tired of doing?

What would make it easier?

2. profile image0
    thegeckoposted 8 years ago

Cooking! But I don't think there's any healthy way around it, unless I want to start drinking Soylent o.O

Rochelle Frankposted 8 years agoin reply to this

A little glass of wine-- just to test out the suitability for your meal while cooking it, of course -- sometimes helps.

3. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 8 years ago

Cleaning the kitchen. I love cooking! I cook every day, usually 3 course meals, but cleanup is dreadful even with a dishwasher!

I agree, but am trying to focus on my thankfulness for having a dishwasher.

4. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 8 years ago

Everything about food shopping.  Planning, going, shopping, taking it back home, putting it away...and nothing would make it better.  It just has to be done, so I try to do it with a thankful heart and mind that I live in this day, time, and place.  When I start thinking about that I start thinking about what life is still like for so many others in the world today, then I stop thinking about issues with food shopping and just get it done with a happier, less spoiled and selfish attitude.  smile

You have found the key to solving all 'first world problems".  Even though I rather like grocery shopping, I realize that in many places, people don't even have a choice between clean and dirty water. Attitude  and thankfulness changes everything.

5. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
    LoisRyan13903posted 8 years ago

House Cleaning-especially with dishes and the laundry.  It seems to be a never ending task in my house since nobody knows what an empty dish washer is.

With the laundry, I like doing full loads just to save time and energy.  But my husband thinks that a couple shirts is a full load.  With my daughter it is understandable.  She works at a vet office and sometimes she has to wash her cloths right away so she does not want to infect our cat and dog.

Cleaning out my car is another task I don't like-my fault on that I let things pile up.

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
      LoisRyan13903posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Also cooking because my hubby is picky and never gives me any idea what he wants

6. Mike Welsh profile image60
    Mike Welshposted 8 years ago

Washing Up!!!! I need the boys to get a little older so i can bribe them to do it!

Lol!  I remember one time my hubby and I had to literally get my older daughter in the tub.  I had her arms and he had her legs.  Thankfully those days are over

2. Rochelle Frank profile image92

I think you are talking about washing the dishes, pots, etc. I can remember that my sister and I did the "washing up" most of the time-- and that was way before having a dishwashing machine. No bribes, it was  an understood duty.

7. Niecey Doc profile image61
    Niecey Docposted 8 years ago

Most tedious chore: sweeping and mopping. I have a family of 9, plus 2 dogs and 2 cats in a 1100 sq ft house. It needs swept a gajillion times a day and mopped daily. It is so BORING doing it, and it takes forever, and the whole time I know it's just going to look a mess again in 5 minutes.

What would make it easier: a house elf? Or moving out and living alone! Or in seriousness, probably a better attitude would make it easier for me. Maybe I need to put on groovy music while I clean and turn it into an awesome dance party.

I don't like mopping at all because in the kitchen I have to move everything around.  And it's a small kitchen or we just have too much stuff in it so I have to climb over things to get to the other end

2. Rochelle Frank profile image92

I like the house elf idea. My kitchen is rather large and I made the mistake of actually choosing a light colored, textured flooring material.  Wrong choice. It looks beautiful when clean-- at times to few and far between. Attitude is key.

8. lisavollrath profile image94
    lisavollrathposted 8 years ago

Since I just did it: scooping the poop in the backyard! I have two small (one is 10lbs, and one is 15lbs) dogs, and they're little poop machines. I don't know how they produce so much of it.

What would make it easier? LESS POOP! Or, a smaller backyard, so it wasn't spread out over half an acre.

1. Niecey Doc profile image61
      Niecey Docposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Good point. I think I mentally blocked out the poop thing. But yeah, I wipe up way too much poop in the day. I'd gladly give up that job to a robot or something. Yuck.

9. Rochelle Frank profile image92
    Rochelle Frankposted 8 years ago

Keep the great answers coming! I hope some of you will write hubs about how to handle these situations.

10. Glenn Waters profile image87
    Glenn Watersposted 8 years ago

Cutting grass, and weed eating the yard ...  if someone would invent a inexpensive robotic lawn care device that would maintain lawns that would make it easier for everyone.

Have you tried goats?

2. Glenn Waters profile image87
      Glenn Watersposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If only I could get my wife to go with goats smile but she is afraid they would take all her flowers and bushes along with the grass.

11. MarleneB profile image92
    MarleneBposted 8 years ago

Vacuuming the carpet. I enjoy doing the dishes, mopping the floor, laundry, and everything else. I like doing them because when I am done, the result shows. But, when I vacuum the carpet, sometimes I see the carpet stains from traffic, spilled drinks, or whatever. Now, after vacuuming, I am left with another chore - remove the stains. When I wash the dishes, I'm done. When I mop the floor, I'm done. But when I vacuum the carpet, I'm not necessarily done. I think the only way to make it easier is to remove my shoes before walking into the house and not bring food or drinks to areas that have carpet. This is a great question.

I think carpets make a home seem cozy and comfortable, but they do tend to hold lots of secrets... and dirt.

12. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 8 years ago

I hate cleaning the oven. It is my pet hate. I like cooking in it but I just don't like cleaning it.

I know what you mean. I cook in my toaster oven whenever possible,-- a smaller space to clean.

13. peachpurple profile image80
    peachpurpleposted 8 years ago

household chores, I hate mopping, sweeping, wiping.

I rather do gardening, I like to see little plants grow, sprouting shoots

14. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image74
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 8 years ago

I hate doing dishes.  I think the only thing that would make it easier is if someone else would them them for me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)