For those who disagree with the Nicene creed, which part do you specifically dis

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (28 posts)
  1. SpiritusShepherd profile image61
    SpiritusShepherdposted 8 years ago

For those who disagree with the Nicene creed, which part do you specifically disagree with?

I have it in the link here: http://bookofconcord.org/creeds.php#nicene
    Please read before answering.
    I am wondering which parts you disagree with

2. Rich kelley profile image59
    Rich kelleyposted 8 years ago

To recite the creed is like taking an oath and that is not a good thing to do because they are not speaking scripture but religious dogma that they have come up with. The creed agrees with the trinity doctrine of man. The statements on baptism are strange especially when you are talking about baptizing babies. There is very few statements I agree with but then I don't say it or hang with people that believe in it.

James 5:12  But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your "yes" be yes and your "no" be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation.

Matthew 5:34-36  But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black.

1. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Interesting take on the subject. What is wrong with the Baptism part? Is it the "one" that is troublesome?

2. Rich kelley profile image59
      Rich kelleyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe baptism forgives sin, I think it is Repentance and Christ's blood, God's Grace. Not only that if it is only once and done as a child that hasn't sinned yet, then what of sins later in life?

3. Ericdierker profile image45

I see your point. The baptism "one baptism for the forgiveness of sins" is ill placed. God can forgive any time God wants  to. For us we need more action as we go along sinning. Confession?

4. Rich kelley profile image59

1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Psa 103:12  As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

5. Ericdierker profile image45

I tend to buy into your story line Rich. I will look more closely at it. You claim the trinity doctrine is just full of man and not God. How do you view the 3 because there are 3. I view them as manifestations of pure love and inseparable by man.

6. Rich kelley profile image59

I view them as:
      The Creator God, my Heavenly Father by adoption.
      The Savior of mankind, His Son, my Stepbrother, now in charge per God.
      The Spirit that does the work of God via those that seek the Fathers and Sons will. They are in agreement.

7. Ericdierker profile image45

Good for you.

8. SpiritusShepherd profile image61
      SpiritusShepherdposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for answering Rich. This is an interesting take on the subject, as most who recite the Creed view it as a Declaration of Faith and not an oath. It would be the same as declaring "I believe in Jesus"

9. Rich kelley profile image59

I know it is not an oath but "Like" one.
      It is suppose to declare something like you said "I believe in Jesus"
      So I question what Jesus? The one they want to be God, or the one that is His only begotten Son, that has been given all power and authori

10. Ericdierker profile image45

Strange I believe as a statement of faith. I reckon I view it as a declaration which is a whole bunch like an oath. But I got a whole lot of Episcopal in my bones and we kind of pick and choose and re-define. The basic precept works except for some.

11. SpiritusShepherd profile image61
      SpiritusShepherdposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It is all there in the second statement "And I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ..."
      The Nicene Creed also serves as a summary of Lutheran doctrine, by memorizing and reciting it we save for days of suffering or persecution.

12. Rich kelley profile image59

Today seeing people that confess the name of Jesus and the way they accept all the things of the world shows me a confession of His name means nothing. Discernment is called judgment, so people are afraid to stand on the teachings of Christ.

13. Ericdierker profile image45

So tolerance is a bad thing? "accept the ways of the world" - what does that even mean. We eat and work and drive cars -- that is bad? You are writing here is that a bad thing? Judging others is not discernment.

14. Rich kelley profile image59

"So tolerance is a bad thing?
      Of course it is. Tolerance is an excuse to not change. Read the whole manual not just the parts you like. They will hate you because of Him. Do you fear the hate?

15. Ericdierker profile image45

OK Rich, I see where you are coming from. I appreciate it, but do not agree. You are right. I cannot live perfectly by the whole Bible. There is just too much in it. So I pick the parts that work for me. You are a better man if you can.

16. Rich kelley profile image59

"I see where you are coming from"
      You might but I'm skeptical you are know to have that eye disease. smile
      (Just to be judgmental)

17. Ericdierker profile image45

Who me? Hey do not worry about a thing, I will pray for you in church today. ;-) Right after the Nicene Creed

18. Rich kelley profile image59

The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective, may you be righteous as you pray for me.

19. Ericdierker profile image45

Hey now, I am just a simple man so I will only be praying that Rich Kelley is healthy and remains that Rich that we all love.

20. profile image51
      BaptizedNRGposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I believe Baptism does forgive sin. Not that water in and of itself does anything, but that the water with the Word of God saves those who receive the promise therein. 1 Peter 3:21 says as much.

21. Rich kelley profile image59

"the promise therein." (if you repent you will be forgiven)
      Is more than likely what will save you.

22. Ericdierker profile image45

Here is where I get to on the Baptismal covenant included in the creed. For an adult it is - repent and be baptized - basically acts and Hebrews. For an adult to be baptized they must repent. Jews repented killing Jesus. The actual washing ???

23. profile image51
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

GUYS: WORD doesn't LIE! 1ST CHURCH IS OUR EX UNDER NC "IF" WE "OBSERVE" DISCIPLES (MATT 28:20)! Acts 2:38 "..REPENT & B BAPTIZED "EVERY 1 OF U IN THE "NAME OF JESUS CHRIST..." READ THE REST FOR HOLY SPIRIT TO "LEAD & GUIDE!"  WHY CONFUSED!
      AC

3. profile image51
    Norine Williamsposted 8 years ago

ANYTHING that goes against "The Gospel of Christ" (Galatians 1:6-9)!

I know one thing, you all don't respect JESUS enough to respect HIS DECISION of choosing PAUL as HIS VESSEL to act in HIS STEAD; otherwise, you would listen to what Paul HAS WRITTEN with JESUS being "The Chief Cornerstone" (Ephesians 2:19-22)! 

RELIGION (Nicene Council) has "BEWITCHED" you (Galatians 3:1)!  FOOLS! 

You must not believe Jeremiah 31:33; Hebrews 8:10 or 10:16 which established the beginning of the New Covenant!  Did GOD (aka JESUS) not say HE would "put his laws in our hearts & minds" as HE did with the Apostles under the New Covenant?  If so, who do you think was talking through Paul?  FOOLS!  Do you think so little of JESUS' choice of choosing Paul as HIS VESSEL to act in HIS STEAD (Acts 9:15)?  Were we not commanded to "OBSERVE the Apostles" (Matthew 28:20)?  Why then, do you think you are "saved" and don't obey? 

Poor Rich (Jeremiah 23:1)!  Under New Covenant (if you "OBSERVE" the apostles) baptism was ONLY done in the name of the LORD JESUS!  Too many Scriptures say so and not ONE baptizing in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!  Why?  THINK FOOLS!  Something is amiss!

I Peter 3:21 says "The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now SAVE US (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward GOD,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ."  Why is this WRITTEN?  Is it a LIE?

Eric:  I see why you are confused!  RELIGION is being "EXPOSED" and SATAN hates it!

Under New Covenant there are NUMEROUS Scriptures showing the Apostles baptizing in the Name of the Lord Jesus, but show me ONE SCRIPTURE where (under New Covenant) ANYONE baptized in the name(?) of the Father (title/glory), Son (title/glory) and Holy Spirit?  Why?  RELIGION IS BEING EXPOSED AND SATAN HATES IT!

Acts 2:38, Acts 19:5, Romans 6:3, Galatians 3:27, I Corinthians 12:12-13, Colossians 3:17, Acts 8:16, Acts 10:48, Acts 22:16, BAPTISM SCRIPTURES TO NAME A "FEW!"

IF ANYONE DO OTHERWISE; "ACCURSED" (Galatians 1:6-9)!

1. profile image51
      BaptizedNRGposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Saying that the Nicene Creed is of Satan doesn't answer the question of specifically why you disagree with it. Also, we are not commanded in Matthew 28:20 to observe the apostles, but to observe everything that Jesus commands us.

2. profile image51
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

U DON"T LISTEN TO SCRIPTURE "AFTER HE AROSE!"
      "Teaching them (us) to "OBSERVE ALL THGS" WHATSOEVER "I (JESUS) "COMMANDED U" (disciples)..."
      MATT 28:20 is telling the disciples to TEACH "US" TO "OBSERVE ALL THGS" HE COMMANDED THEM!"
      RELIGION errs!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)