Does Islam support terrorism?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (37 posts)
  1. reza81 profile image68
    reza81posted 8 years ago

Does Islam support terrorism?

Suddenly this question comes in my mind. As a Muslim I know Islam doesn't support terrorism. If anyone read Holy Qur'an and research the life of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh), he can easily understand the real fact of Islam. You can say about Al Qaeda, ISIS who use the name of Islam and doing the heinous activities in this world. But are they following the guidance of Islam. Indeed not. But the western media always blame Islam and Muslims for their activities. And it creates a division between Muslims and others. Now, as a writer I want to know what does others about it.

2. tamarawilhite profile image87
    tamarawilhiteposted 8 years ago

Muslim terrorists are following the Quran and Mohammed's example.
    Mohammed personally beheaded Jews who would not convert to Islam.
    He cheerleaded one of his followers who killed at least one female poet who mocked him, killing the woman while she slept in her bed with her children. The murderer was praised for removing from her breast before killing her, to make sure the baby was unharmed.
    Mohammed repeatedly called for death to the infidels, kill the non-believers, and only later said it was OK to charge them extra taxes if they submitted to second class citizenship (dhimmi) - so they could be Christian or Jewish if they pay extra taxes, give up their weapons, have half the worth in court or blood fines of Muslims, and never disturb Muslims with their faith.

Jesus never killed anyone nor called for anyone's death for not following him. Mohammed was a warlord who became rich raiding caravans in the local holy month, took slaves including sex slaves, killed those who would not convert and later turned those who were conquered and submitted to second class status into a revenue source.

Yes, Islamic terrorists are completely in line with the Koran and Mohammed's example, even ISIS' Yazidi sex slaves, "those who your right hand possesses". Mohammed even said the marriage of captives is nullified at their capture, so now you can rape them and not be committing adultery.

1. ElvisaM profile image76
      ElvisaMposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If this is accurate, then it is fair to say that Christians are too, considering Scott Roeder and many, many more have killed in the name of religion.

2. tamarawilhite profile image87
      tamarawilhiteposted 8 years agoin reply to this

There are several differences. 1. Christians renounce all such acts, while Muslims say the murderers aren't really Muslim. 2. Jesus never killed people for not converting, Mohammed did and led wars to force people to convert.

3. jlpark profile image80
      jlparkposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Christians say that the killers aren't really Christian too. God committed mass genocide, and uses death as a punishment for blasphemy, cursing ones parents. No killing for not converting? Crusades anyone? Jesus may not have, bt his fillers did.

4. reza81 profile image68
      reza81posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Elvisa M and disagree with Tamara Wilhite. Because in Qur'an, Allah says, ’Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord  with wisdom and beautiful preaching;  and argue with them in ways that are  best and most gracious.’  [Al-Qur’an 16:125]

5. profile image51
      Nozomi 123posted 8 years agoin reply to this

how can you say that this is the truth?
      Such thing never happened as Muhammad(P.B.U.H) never supported fighting. Before each war there were few conditions given that no one would harm women,  children, old and  sick.  And adultery is crime in Islam

6. profile image0
      roobposted 8 years agoin reply to this

right on Tamara! The Bible says to let our God have wrath. While the quran says to kill people who oppress your religious practices and beliefs. Well that is what America is going to do... so will u follow ur book and kill us?

3. reza81 profile image68
    reza81posted 8 years ago

Can you provide any evidence about your sayings? Can you tell me who has shown mercy to the idolaters after the conquest of Makka? Who has signed in Hudaybia treaty? What was written in that treaty? Who has forgiven the people of Taif? Do you know a true Muslim never defame Jesus. Because he believes that Jesus is one of the messengers of Allah. But some people like you always defame Islam and it's Prophet. As per our religion we can never criticize Jesus, Moses, Abraham, Adam, Noah and other prophets.

1. tamarawilhite profile image87

Quran (8:12) "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and every fingertip
      Quran (8:39) Fight with them until there is no more unbelief 
      http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages … lence.aspx

2. reza81 profile image68

These verses are from Surah al-Anfal and these are about the battle of Badr. Terrorism and battle two different issues. We should not mix up them. If you mix up them, then the US will be the worst terrorist in this world. @ Tamara Wilhite

4. Atulya Bose profile image57
    Atulya Boseposted 8 years ago

Yes they are supporting terrorism and violating Holy Qur'an

No, there are over 160 verses in the Quran calling for the killing or enslavement of all who will not convert. http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages … lence.aspx

Insha Allah in future I will write a Hub about Islam and terrorism. Because I know Islam does not spread by sword. Only Islam haters can say like this. If you want to read please keep your eyes open. Thanks all for your valuable comments.

3. profile image0
      LoliHeyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Islam does not spread by sword?  What about all those who were massacred for not converting?  What about what it says in the Koran?  Why is one an Islam hater if they say this?  Facts are facts.

4. reza81 profile image68

If Islam spread by sword, then tell me who sent Islamic force in Indonesia and Malaysia to spread Islam? Please learn about Islam https://islamhouse.com/en/articles/51789/
      I hope you will get your answer. @ Lolita Monroe

5. profile image51
      Nozomi 123posted 8 years agoin reply to this

The Quran says: "Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits_"

6. reza81 profile image68

Masaha Allah@Nozomi 123

5. Aime F profile image71
    Aime Fposted 8 years ago

If you're going to say that an entire religion supports terrorism based on its holy text then you can't leave Christianity out.

Though Christians will often defend their religion and claim it as peaceful despite the several violent passages in the bible, they don't do the same with Muslims and the Quran. 

There was a time when Christians could have easily been called terrorists but with the progress, education, and quality of life in the west, you don't see as many Christians promoting terrorism (though I'd argue that it's flaring up with the attitudes towards Muslims lately). 

Unfortunately, a lot of Islamic countries don't have access to proper education and are born into tension, poverty, and violence.  Violence begets violence.  I guarantee you'd see a lot less Islamic extremists if they had the education and opportunities that most Christians do.  It's not so much the book or the religion as it is the motivation for certain types of behaviour.

The violence of the Old Testament is abrogated by the New Testament. The non-violent supersedes the violent.
      The 10% of the Koran of the Medina period is abrogated by the later 80% calling for warfare, conquering and spreading Islam by the sword.

I fully agree with Aime. Tamara have few knowledge about the Qur'an but honestly speaking that I have no knowledge about the Bible. That's why, I am not doing any negative comments about Christians those are the followers of Jesus.

6. bradmasterOCcal profile image50
    bradmasterOCcalposted 8 years ago

The real question to be answered is Do Muslims support Terrorists.
    And are the Terrorists Muslims?
    Do terrorists use Mosques, and pray to Allah five times a day?
    So how do you tell a Muslim from a Terrorist?

7. profile image0
    roobposted 8 years ago

Yes the quran says infidels which are non believers, should be killed. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Christianity preaches that in the old testament God encouraged some war. No where does he say to kill non believers. Would He agree with the war against ISIS and the other terrorists... I bet He would!

However God of the Bible says wrath is His. He will take care of the evil in the end, unlike the quran that encourages its followers to be like warriors for Allah.

It is not the Christians job, but it is the muslim's job

1. reza81 profile image68

Please read this http://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy … onceptions
      I hope your misconceptions about Islam will be solved.

2. profile image0

...And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter... (2:190-193)
      I don't think this hate speech should be preached!

3. reza81 profile image68

@Robert: Again you are in misconceptions. Without knowing the difference between terrorism and battle, you are mentioning Quranic verses. Allah says these about battle.

4. profile image0

Kabir no it isn't! It says those who oppress, for oppression is worse than slaughter. I can oppress muslims without war. If trump wins he will opress the muslims beliefs! Your books says to kill people who do so. You are misled, look up oppression!

5. reza81 profile image68

But one thing I don't understand that if someone try to kill you what will you do? Will you allow him to kill you? Indeed NOT...Just read the Conquest of Makkah...hope your confusion will be removed...@Robert

6. profile image0

OPPRESSION IS NOT KILLING, look up the definition goodness! Oppression is getting rid of your evil book and stopping muslims from coming into the United States. Your book says to kill people who oppress your practicing of religion. Get it now?

7. reza81 profile image68

I know da meaning of OPPRESSION. When da US attacked in IRAQ nd AFGHANISTAN, what will u say it-OPPRESSION or KILLING? I will say both. As an infidel u can say da Qur'an is an evil book but as a Muslim I can't say like this about Bible.

8. profile image0

What about the crusades long ago? The muslims have always been a threat! Now once again they are making a disruption and threatning the lives of non believers. Muhammed was a mad murderer and was documented as such by other cultures! Adultery as well

9. reza81 profile image68

Allah has sealed their hearts and ears and there is a cover on their eyes (2:7) So I will not go for a long argument with you. But in this way you are encouraging Al Queeda, ISIS. Ur misconceptions help them.@Robert

10. profile image0

Anyone who is a devout muslim who lives truly by the teachings of the quran and muhammed, are terrorists! They are told to use violence to be dominant over all beliefs. This is the crusades all over again, they need to be stopped from spreading hate!

11. reza81 profile image68

Are you spreading peace by cluster bombing? Who had done nuclear bombing in Japan? Any Muslim or you guys? Who had killed 10 thousand Jews? Is he Muslim? By blaming Muslims, you are patronizing terrorism. Remember hatred can give u nothing except it.

12. Imtiaz nabi profile image61
      Imtiaz nabiposted 6 years agoin reply to this

My brother let me tell you that Qur'an said to fight against non Muslims but you haven't heard/read the whole verse

It says :
      And fight with infidels till there is no infidel left on earth and fear Allah all mighty (surah anfaal)

8. Imtiaz nabi profile image61
    Imtiaz nabiposted 6 years ago

Islam never promote terrorism or any kind of violence it teaches us peace and forgivness though in some places Qur'an said to fight not to harm others but to protect yourselves and Islam

I respect every single person here as well as every single religion.And let me clearify Muslims aren't terrorists trust me picking up weapons yelling few slogans and then bomblasting in a mosque with hundreds and thousands of other Muslims isn't Islam they aren't Muslims but traitors and Qur'an has said that there will be a group of people who will call themselves Muslims they will eat like you sleep like you pray like you but they will not be like you they will spread bloodshed on earth in the name of islam and fighting against them is actually jihad

9. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 6 years ago

This is an interesting question.  What is Islam? Is it a religion or is it people?  If it is people, we have to acknowledge there are many different interpretation by people of the same holy book.  If it is a religion, we must acknowledge, people will follow it in different ways.  I worked for a Muslim for years.  I'm a Christian with relatives in Israel.  We got along great. He and his family were very respectful and kind to me.  I've been to Muslim majority countries.  I had some very good experiences.  I had some bad ones, but nothing you would't experience in any other large city. So, does Islam or Muslims support terrorism?  There are Muslims who will look at the Quran and see a call to violence in the name of Allah.  There are others who will read it and see a call to do good to others in the name of Allah.  My Muslim friend is quick to point out how many Muslims have been killed as a result of terrorism.  Many Muslims are directly involved in fighting terrorism every day.  So, I would say it depends on the Muslim and how they interpret the Quran.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)