Do You Support or Oppose President-Elect Trump's Big Infrastructure Spending Pla

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 7 years ago

Do You Support or Oppose President-Elect Trump's Big Infrastructure Spending Plan?

We don't yet know exactly what President-Elect Trump's big infrastructure spending plan is, although it is expected to be quite large.  Do you Do You Support or Oppose Trump's idea of spending $100 billions on rebuilding infrastructure in the U.S.?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9042841_f260.jpg

2. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 7 years ago

absolutely support it. have supported it the whole time obama wanted to do it. we need to modernize. ive seen people say, after a trip to europe or japan, that coming back to america is like stepping back  in time.

3. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
    Dont Taze Me Broposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13279931_f260.jpg

Who wouldn't support an infrastructure plan? No one argues it isn't needed especially after Obama's failed stimulus that never delivered on infrastructure. What people wouldn't support is a facade of a plan like Obama proposed with the stimulus with non existent shovel ready projects.

Shortly after the passage of the Recovery Act in 2009, Vice President Joseph Biden urged local politicians not to spend the money on "stupid things." They ignored his advice, and so did Mr. Biden. The federal government poured billions into the government and education sectors, where unemployment was low, but spent only about 10% on promised infrastructure, though the unemployment rate in construction was running in double digits. And some of the individual projects funded by the law were truly appalling. $783,000 was spent on a study of why young people consume malt liquor and marijuana. $92,000 went to the Army Corps of Engineers for costumes for mascots like Bobber the Water Safety Dog. $219,000 funded a study of college "hookups."

You will not see these kind of Democrat ripoffs of the government with Donald Trump, for one thing the media would never let him get away with it like they did Obama.

1. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

no actually, its because the republicans wont be blocking him lik they did obama. we need to be honest, or we will never get off this merry-go-round.

4. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 7 years ago

From old days as a manager I always took a stance. I don’t care who is to blame. We have to make it better beginning with ‘Now’.

Yes, I am in favor of spending on infrastructure more so this morning. I have followed infrastructure in my region – San Diego county, and then California. But, a peek around the web today I see only articles about infrastructure failing in the U.S. today. Of importance is it won’t take billions . . . it will take trillions. It is estimated 3.6 trillion by 2020. Wow!!! We will reach that at the end of Trump’s term.

If any wish to understand its complexity today take a peek at a 2013 report by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), which is 3 years ago. It shows 16 talking points. The only one with a B, but a minus, was solid waste. There are 11 with D and four with a C. To me that is alarming.

2013 Report Card for America's Infrastructure
    http://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/

1. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

yes, it is urgent!

5. MizBejabbers profile image87
    MizBejabbersposted 7 years ago

I certainly  do support rebuilding our infrastructure no matter which party is in power. Our country is literally falling apart. However, what I don't support is foolish plans like I'm seeing right now, tearing down a really well-built WPA/CCC bridge and replacing it with a piece built out of modern recycled steel which has lost some of its integrity. When they tried to implode this strong old bridge, it took it 5 hours to fall and made us the laughing stock of the international news media.
    We need new water and sewer systems, not more high-rises for government-supported recipients/tenants. We need fresh clean water, not hog farms with their waste polluting our scenic rivers. We don't need coal-fired generating plants belching out smoke and other pollutants like they do in China. This is what I'm seeing right now. Big government has turned a blind eye, and I don't expect big business run by a big business president to do any better. But a gal can hope.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)