How tired are you of politics, and the constant bickering and accusations?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Ken Burgess profile image76
    Ken Burgessposted 7 years ago

How tired are you of politics, and the constant bickering and accusations?

I am not asking if you believe Obama was a spying Muslim Brotherhood agent, or if you believe Trump is a Russian mole, or any of the other inflammatory accusations being slung around... my question is are you tired of BOTH sides, of the wild accusations, finger pointing, and never making the changes or passing the laws promised... how fed up are you, how sick are you with D.C. and our politics today in general?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13195242_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13466781_f260.jpg

These days we are barraged with too much political news!
    Watching the news is almost like tuning into a daily soap opera.
    Having said that I understand that gridlock is here to stay as long as neither party is willing to compromise for fear of losing support from their base or making the other party look good.
    Republicans believed once they captured the white house, congress, and the senate it would be smooth sailing. It's easier to be united against something than to be united for anything.
    Both the Democrats and Republicans have different factions within their parties. Until the negative stigma is removed from compromising nothing will get done.
    Eventually you get to a point where you realize it's out of your hands and you're better off "looking out for #1" and not relying on the government regardless of who is in power.
    A couple of weeks ago I was in Mexico and unplugged.
    It was the best sleep I've had in a while. smile

Ken Burgessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I definitely understand the unplugged part... it seems so hard to do these days. 
      Do you still feel there is a major difference between the parties... or do you think they are they all giving us lip service and selling us out to the highest bidder?

2. gregas profile image81
      gregasposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There is no longer a "We the People". It has been DC runs this country for many years now and it looks like they are strong enough that 'we the people' will never govern this country as our forefathers wanted.

3. profile image0
    Hxprofposted 7 years ago

Both parties are absolutely useless, and yes, both sides conjure things up to make the other side seem gross beyond gross.

4. DICESI profile image61
    DICESIposted 7 years ago

I think that both parties are nauseating.  I think the fact that we are confined to accept just two parties is also tragic.  In a country of over 325 million people it is difficult to believe that we all view the world from only two perspectives.  The monopoly they both have has caused us all to be forced to accept whatever they do.  Both parties just want to win, not actually accomplish anything. The constant fighting is only to pretend they are working, but nothing gets done. I am fed up!

1. gregas profile image81
      gregasposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Do away with the EC and there would be a chance for a third party. Until then we are stuck with a two party system.

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
      Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So true, Greg.

3. Ken Burgess profile image76

EC varies from state to state does it not?  What is even worse IMO is the Super Delegates of the Democrats, doesn't matter what the people want... they will get who the Super Delegates choose. At least the Reps have some freedom of choice left.

5. lions44 profile image94
    lions44posted 7 years ago

Ken, it's even affecting me in ways I did not understand until yesterday. I chewed out a woman here on HP who I didn't even know because she was a Trump voter. This is out of control.  Getting close to needing a 12 step program.   I'm fed up with myself.

I need a night w/o CNN, MSNBC and Fox.  No Twitter, nothing.  It will be a good cleanse.  Thankfully my FB page is politics free. 

Maybe the whole country needs a day without politics. CNN can show they "specials" and MSNBC can show "Lockup".  Trump and Pelosi can grab lunch.

6. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 7 years ago

Ken......Frankly, I was pretty much fed-up and sickened by politicians and politics in general, long before this recent election.  I will say though, that I am even more disgusted and disillusioned now, with all the insanity.  It shouldn't be this way and doesn't have to be.  However, the hard core reality is that it IS, with no let-up in sight. The limitations upon us with only 2 viable major parties and those 2 parties being WORLDS apart, the vast increase of corruption, LIES, finger-pointing and spying, is quite simply O U T  of control. 
    I'm on our HP site much less than ever.  I made a firm decision to back away from the political BULL. Well, it takes longer to browse through and find hubs that are interesting that are NOT regarding something or someone to do with politics!!   Just scroll our main thread and that's basically all you'll find. 
    The saddest part is the nastiness, viciousness and repetition, drumming over and over on the same crap, with liberals out for blood, impeachment and the constant battles in the media. 
    I'm sorry to say this, but there are so many individuals right here on our site who have shocked me, disappointed me and shown an ugly side.  I truly no longer see them as the people I once liked and respected. There's probably plenty who feel that way about myself and others but I absolutely fail to care at this point. We all learn these typical lessons on a daily basis.  Due to my education in Human behavior/nature, literally nothing surprises me.....but will always still be disappointing.
    Am I "sick" of it all?  Hell, yeah,  Have just 2 goals I would like to accomplish here at HP and then I expect to move on.  I'll leave my entire account and perhaps stop back now and then to check on all the stupidity & blood-spilling going on.  See how the savages are getting on.  Those who are my closest associates with whom I have a solid friendship, I will always keep in touch with. I'll just wish the rest of these maniacs, success in their futile religious & political non-stop battles.  LOL.....such utter nonsense and waste of life's precious time.   Hey Ken,thanks for the platform to purge,  Peace, Paula

You are quite welcome, I have always enjoyed what interaction and insights you have provided, but I understand what you are saying.
      The divide is huge... and that IS the goal of the media and politicians... if we fight ourselves, they win, we lose.

2. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 7 years agoin reply to this

So true,Ken & it's never been more apparent than it is currently.These greedy,corrupt politicians have no genuine concern 4 the "people" who fight among themselves & growl at each other.Ironic? UR right.They win, we lose.It's a Big Game!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)