Why do you not believe in Global Warming/Climate Change?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

Why do you not believe in Global Warming/Climate Change?

I have no doubt our earth is warming at an alarming rate. One of the reasons I think this is because of the photo I included with the question. Otzi--the Iceman--was frozen over 5000 years ago and has remained that way through all sorts of weather trends until just a few years ago when his icy coffin melted away. This is not just a warming trend my friends.

If you are a climate change denier then please explain why our worlds best scientist are lying about it and why. A conspiracy of this size without leaks is unthinkable.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13654183_f260.jpg

2. aware profile image67
    awareposted 6 years ago

Its the man made part that people disagree on.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Somewhat yes, but others do not believe it's happening, despite the evidence. Like some still believe in Noah's Ark. We can't remove the rainforests and spew hydrocarbon fumes into the atmosphere and expect things to stay the same.

2. Ericdierker profile image44
      Ericdierkerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Give me a call and you can hike with me Randy. There is a place where 10 million years is condensed into 1 inch of formation. And the canyon is 1 mile deep in spots. Metamorphic rock dates 2 billion years. Really? People "have faith" in man caused?

3. Randy Godwin profile image59

Eric, then why are the world's leading scientists lying about the data? And what is their motive for doing so? Do you realize how difficult it would be to keep that a secret? Get real, dude!

4. Ericdierker profile image44

Cows fart! and my family treats the world with respect but we know that our impact is so minor. 5 volcanoes at the same time. 1 volcano puts more out than LA for 200 years. Such egocentric people really think they have an impact. Morons.

5. gregas profile image81
      gregasposted 6 years agoin reply to this

All it would take to end life as we know it is for Yellowstone to blow. And that will probably happen long before man ruins the world.

6. Randy Godwin profile image59

So far, you guys haven't given a reason for the worlds brightest scientists faking the results of the data proving global warming is real. Even Trump's secret doings leak out in today's world. LOL!

7. Ericdierker profile image44

Randy I think we are in closer to agreement than some would think. Yes man  has impact. But not enough to change the patterns of climate that has been changing for billions. We hurt the earth as it effects us.

8. AL LECOU profile image57
      AL LECOUposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Amen: I agree that there is climate change, daily, but liberals seek to affix blame on human activity which is not settled science as they want you to believe. Calling those who don't agree with their position climate deniers is hysteria.

3. AL LECOU profile image57
    AL LECOUposted 6 years ago

John Coleman, who co-founded the Weather Channel, shocked academics by insisting the theory of man-made climate change was no longer scientifically credible.

Instead, what 'little evidence' there is for rising global temperatures points to a 'natural phenomenon' within a developing eco-system.

In an open letter attacking the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, he wrote: "The ocean is not rising significantly.

"The polar ice is increasing, not melting away. Polar Bears are increasing in number.

"Heat waves have actually diminished, not increased. There is not an uptick in the number or strength of storms (in fact storms are diminishing).

"I have studied this topic seriously for years. It has become a political and environment agenda item, but the science is not valid."

Also> https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/global-w … r-natural/

1. Austinstar profile image85
      Austinstarposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So, the earth hasn't changed according to you? You will only listen to those that agree with you. The majority of weather scientists agree that global climate change is real, and humans are responsible. Not believing them won't help our world.

2. qeyler profile image63
      qeylerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

What I find questionable is that what is the 'Norm?"   The Earth has been hotter and colder during its existence.   Was the Norm when Grapes grew in Canada?  Was the Norm when England was connected to France by an ice bridge?

3. Austinstar profile image85

The "norm" would be the optimal conditions of the earth in its natural state, free from artificial conditions imposed by humans or animals. Barring that, the norm would be the average conditions calculated over ttime. Global warming averages are up.

4. Ericdierker profile image44

How about the  Cenozoic  and the Mesozoic and the Paleozoic  and the Proterizoic and the Hadean and the Jurassic time periods? Is someone serious about 1 million years as evidence?

5. Randy Godwin profile image59

How long have humans existed in civilized conditions, Eric? When did we really start the industrial revolution and began to clear the land of vast acres of vegetation which keeps the oxygen levels up? Doh!

6. Ericdierker profile image44

Randy, one magma explosion, one massive solar flare and one huge earthquake. Mankind has no influence, we are nasty lame ducks. With that said, I leave a neutral footprint while Gore flies in private jets. Silly people.

7. gregas profile image81
      gregasposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This planet has gone through so many changes and man was never the cause for any of them. We might have somewhat of an influence on nature, but, like Eric said, a volcano or sun flare. As a matter of fact, it would only take Yellowstone to elawki.

8. AL LECOU profile image57

I commend everyone that has commented for keeping their civility on this divisive subject.

9. Randy Godwin profile image59

Eric, are you smarter than the scientists? Do you disbelieve the ice packs are melting? Or do you think mankind has no part in this "natural" phenomenon?

10. Ericdierker profile image44

Randy, I think man can and does effect the planet.But I just cannot ignore 5 previous ice ages. For many millions of years there was no ice even in the arctics. That comes from scientists, so I guess I do not think I am smarter.

11. Austinstar profile image85

What is the harm is cleaning up after ourselves? We are definitly creating pollution, garbage, and food shortages right now! Forget previous earth events. We had no control then. But we can control some of this weather change now.

12. AL LECOU profile image57

Global warming  is  but  another manufactured environmental crisis whose real purpose  is social engineering.

13. Ericdierker profile image44

Austinstar, I do believe in and live with a tiny footprint. Less is better and reusing is mandatory. I think we can make our planet better for man. But over the long haul we cannot change the climate, it will do as it does.

14. Austinstar profile image85

Yeah, it's best if we just give it all up and surrender. I'm glad that not all of us feel that way.

15. Randy Godwin profile image59

Lela, check out the PO hub. Very bad news!

16. Ericdierker profile image44

Isn't it possible to recognize that we have an impact, and yet not go all chicken little. Maybe I do by action, but not a visceral fear. The changes in the next 2 decades might even wipe out 1 million or billion. Isn't that good for the earth? Weird?

17. profile image0
      PeterStipposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes I can imagine he shocked "the academics" as he is showing his ignorance.
      In science you have to backup your thesis. The global warming is proven over and over again by many scientist. His claim is 1 against a million. Shockingly naieve!

18. Ericdierker profile image44

Accordingly Peter. The call is obvious. Feelings and beliefs and morals are not at play here. Science and natural law is. So by your logical standards we should let hurricanes, earthquakes wipe out a good billion people. Man must go!

19. profile image0

Of course not Eric, if you can save a human life, or prevent a disaster you should do the best in you capabilities to do so. (I'm not talking about the pro-life thing, that's a different discussion).

20. Ericdierker profile image44

Peter that fact remains. Kill of people is the only route to really limiting our impact. Man made disaster let it be man who extincts man. It is the only solution. Like thinning a herd of deer when they outrank predators you killed off. Simple Scienc

21. profile image0

And according to which rules, who should be killed and who are the executors? Who is disposable! This way of thinking is a disaster and used in dictatorships where some people find themselves more human then others...

22. Ericdierker profile image44

Absolutely my friend. We go with Paris accords and the US pays for India. India without coal or China without is death to millions of millions but West Virginia only jobs and poor children. This concept of "we bear the burden" is wrong. My children?

23. Randy Godwin profile image59

Eric, I suppose you agreed with exterminating most of the Native Americans by the European settlers then.

24. profile image0

Going out of the Paris accord was in many ways stupid. Business wise and political. The US doesn't have the right to influence to shape the future anymore. Better to play the game, although you may not like it, then to be an outsider.

25. Ericdierker profile image44

Randy please do not be silly. It is a point being made that if man is the problem, reducing man is the solution.
      Peter I see your point. Only a player can effect the outcome of the game notion. But sometimes a player holds out for more money.

26. profile image0

There is a price tag on leading the world. Apparently Trump is not interested in leading the world and more in money. This is short sighted. Politically and business wise.
      Other countries like China will fill the gap where the US retreats.

27. AL LECOU profile image57

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)