Cali has gone rogue, what assurances do the rest of us have, we'll not be forced

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)
  1. abwilliams profile image68
    abwilliamsposted 6 years ago

Cali has gone rogue, what assurances do the rest of us have, we'll not be forced to bail them out?

California is now a Sanctuary State. Senate Bill 54 expands on protections for Illegals, limits Police Officers questioning or holding Immigration violaters. In addition to becoming Club Med for Illegals, Cali will be paying the first year of Comm. College for ALL freshmen(legal or illegal) and allow early release for non-violent offenders, such as; rape of an unconscious person,sex acts with minors,assault with deadly weapon, human trafficking AND since these are 'non-violent',assuming they too get 'affordable' Housing (despite Housing Crisis) and a Vote!?! Cali, loco, too far, No Bail!

2. abwilliams profile image68
    abwilliamsposted 6 years ago

Not an answer, more of a PostScript/footnote. What was all of that about yesterday? Ms California herself, Nancy Pelosi, the Pied Piper of Illegals and Dreamers, shouted down, called a liar, yelled at, disrespected by those that she's gone to battle for.
    Hmm.... what's going on?

3. dashingscorpio profile image79
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13708311_f260.jpg

It's doubtful that California will need any bailout.
    If California were it's own country it would rank as the sixth largest economy in the world, behind rest of the United States, China, Japan, Germany and the United Kingdom. The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis reported that California's GDP was $2.5 trillion in 2015, up 4.1 percent from a year earlier.
    There is a reason why more than 10% of the nation's population chooses to live in California. It has more things going for it than it has problems. Granted it's not for everyone!
    I lived in Dana Point, CA for years before moving to the Midwest and I still miss lots of things about Orange County, LA, and San Diego. Politics aside It's a one of a kind state with the ocean, mountains, and desert. It's a great place to explore and take chances because most people there are less judgmental.

abwilliamsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi DS - You love Cali, that's clear to see. My hubby was born there, all I've ever heard from his Mom, is how breathtakingly beautiful and perfect it was, then it grew and changed, pushing them out. I hope you're right and Cali can bear the weight!

4. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 6 years ago

ab.....Just last evening, I spoke with my son who lives in Cali w/ his wife & daughter.  I mentioned this to him even though I knew what to expect.  Being precisely who he is, he takes everything in stride.  His attitude about this is a calm, cool shrug of the shoulders, while he adds this is pretty much the attitude of  the majority. 
    I don't get it.  I mean, not only Senate Bill 54....but that it's all just Hunkry-Dory with Californians.....???
    All I will add is that, coming from across the country, East to New York State, there's an old granny I know, who will not be the least bit happy, should New York go LOCO as well! 
    On the other hand, perhaps I can always switch over to speaking Spanish, rob a bank and let New York comfort, hide and protect me, while I count my cash...........Happy Hump Day, ab...Paula

LOL yep. I guess we really shouldn't talk. New York has DiBlasio and Orlando has a Mayor that removed a 100 year old statue of Johnny Reb, because a Terrorist decided to attack Orlando in the name of Allah.
      Plenty of LOCO to go around!

5. wrenchBiscuit profile image67
    wrenchBiscuitposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13709385_f260.jpg

Club Med for illegals? Really? I enjoy your posts because they constantly remind why the study of History is so important. By the age of puberty I already had a good grasp of American History, which was due in large part to my parents who were Civil Rights Activists. I was reading works by W.E.B. Du Bois when my peers were still reading Superman and Batman comics! You are a wonderful woman! I suggest a good place for you to begin your comprehensive study of American History is Howard Zinn's "A People's History of the United States". Such study will give you a richer and much deeper perspective on current events in California.

I enjoy your posts as well Wrench, they help me to value my core beliefs, even more.
      I'll look to; the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Federalist Papers, Common Sense the Pamphlet, The Spirit of Laws...for my History lessons. Thx!

6. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 6 years ago

I just love my crazy ass state of California Norte, which is different from our sister state of Baja California Norte. I love attending the oldest church on the west coast - something like 1498. We did the skiing in the morning and surfing in the afternoon gig a few times. Five miles one way and I am in hard core wilderness, the other direction and I am at bays and beaches and touristy stuff. 5 the other and I cross the border. 90 north and I am at Disneyland. Balboa Park, Sea World and the San Diego Zoo beckon a couple of times a year.

My son's public school is top notch receiving about 1 million dollars extra a year for programs. We do not lack for music and arts and sports. Our diversity puts the Caucasian percentage at about 25%. There is something like 12% like my son, mixed race. Heck not habla Espanol only but Ethiopian, Arabic and Tagalog,Vietnamese and Chinese. We are the melting pot.
    Houses around my hood are about 450K and even poor folk like us can get one.
    Spending is $179.5-billion for our state gov. We will see a deficit for the first time in years. If we just increase tourism and port taxes by 1% we could clear that up in a heartbeat.
    We live in the county of San Diego, not in the city and our county is rich.
    As long as tourists flock here by the millions and millions and Asia needs to ship to the West Coast our utterly ridiculous life styles will not fail.
    It is kind of strange but we have room for undocumented aliens. I abhor sanctuary nonsense for criminals, it is disgusting. But criminals come in all shapes,sexes, colors and ages.
    And don't forget we house that ridiculous notion of justice we call the 9th Circus Court of Appeals. They are whacked.
    We pay over 70 cents per gallon in state taxes on gasoline.
    It is funny as our county roads are awesome but cross the border into the city and they just plain stink.
    But what do I know. Two of my elder children attended Berekely and UC Santa Cruz. And have no debt.

Yes I can tell that you, as DS, love your State Erik. A lot of good things and good people come out of California. HP...my hubby, you and many other HP friends. I just see all this give, give, giving and I have to wonder if Cali can sustain the load.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)