Are Humans Millions of Years Old?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (23 posts)
  1. lovetherain profile image80
    lovetherainposted 6 years ago

I would like feedback on how I can improve this Hub.

https://hubpages.com/religion-philosoph … -Years-Old

1. greenmind profile image95
      greenmindposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You could offer your credentials as a biologist or similarly serious scholar at the start, so we trust you when you dismiss the theory of evolution.

lovetherainposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Darwinian evolution is a load of cr@p.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

What is your goal here? Are you having trouble getting this featured, or do you just want to improve it? Either way, it seems like the title could be more descriptive. How about something like "Alternative theories on the origin of man," or something that mentions Vedic theology and/or orthogenesis, and go into more detail about what they are. There may be some people who are actually searching for those things.

Thanks for the tips. I can't get it featured, and I want those who are interested to see it.

2. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

Sorry the only suggestion I could give you is that the article is based on pointless facts. It's written well, just that it's not true.

This made me laugh:
    I believe in a kind of evolution called orthogenesis, which is evolution with goals. One of the goals is to evolve hominid creatures with ten fingers and big brains, like us. Some don't succeed, like the Neanderthal.

So who sets the goals? Do I tell myself I want my child to have 9 toes? Or do we as a society need to meet up and decide we want all new kids to be born with 9 toes?  And does it work by wishful thinking or do we need to do something else?

God of course.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Oh, God. Then I would correct your hub "Some don't succeed, like the Neanderthal." God always succeeds, He never makes mistakes.

Says who?

That's the definition of God right. All knowing and all powerful.

No one can say that. No one really knows the nature of God.

Okay.

3. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 6 years ago

It seems to me this is a lot of questions and personal opinions. My belief is that people come to HubPages looking for answers and factual information. This article offers neither.

I am unaware of the rule that says a Hub has to answer questions, and not ask them.

4. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 6 years ago

There is no HP rule about not asking questions, it just seems to me that most people are looking for answers not more questions. If you want to pose a series of questions that's your right. It's unlikely a lot of people are going to read something that is filled with questions.

I understand that not many people read or want to read my writing.

1. greenmind profile image95
        greenmindposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I believe that people would, since you write well and you're clearly intelligent! We're saying you could offer evidence and engage your topic in a critical, balanced way.

I will edit that line about evolution to reflect that it is merely my opinion. Is that satisfactory?

5. radhapriestess profile image40
    radhapriestessposted 6 years ago

In the Vedic tradition, we are different in that we believe humanity has been around a very long time. We are not like the creationists or evolutionists in this regard. Mr. Michael Cremo has a book on this very topic where he & his colleague outlined items found which are millions of years old. They are tools which humans used. They were dated back millions of years. He has been able to present his book at a number of universities, including the University of MN. Some universities will not let him speak because his views are different than what people have accepted. Too bad. We all should be open minded on the topic. Every day archaeology is illuminating new finds which challenge our views on many topics. That is good.

Where are the cities? The artifacts? We can't be the FIRST civilization if humans are millions(or more) years old.

6. Ioana-R profile image85
    Ioana-Rposted 6 years ago

Hi!
    In my opinion, your article raises too many questions but doesn't give many answers. Usually people want to read a piece of information to answer one of their questions, or to satisfy their curiosity.

7. KatWin profile image69
    KatWinposted 6 years ago

I think you need to explain more what M.C. states as facts and then build your counter arguments.  Additional thoughts the first sentence can you add more to link with rest of article or explain a little more about  Hindu belief as relates to length of mankind on earth? can you explain more about the 3 cubed series and their importance as related to article (caught my interest there)?  explain how rule out Darwin evolution. it is a statement on it own without back up explanation.  Maybe add in what is the oldest human bone found. 
    I think you have beginning of very interesting article just needs a little more information.  Look forward to reading your update.  I hope this is helpful.

8. lovetherain profile image80
    lovetherainposted 6 years ago

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I decided to move this article to my blog. I don't think HP is the right place for it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)