If we all came from Adam and Eve, why are there different races?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (84 posts)
  1. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

Why are there so many different races if we all came from adam and eve? Does it support evolution that we changed to different faces and colors and body types because we were exposed to different conditions that made our body adapt? If not then pls. explain.

1. profile image49
      EvergreenPatposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now we have learned that Noah's Ark has been found by several different explorers upon Mt Ararat in Turkey. Noah wasn't alone in the ark. He had a few others with him.  Since the Bible tells us that all of flesh was destroyed on earth, except those in the Ark. Every human being is completely different. God likes colors a lot.  Just look at the rainbow. The races remind me of just how creative God is. I am amazed at all of His creation. "for God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten son, that whosoever should believe in should not perish but inherit eternal life.  Eternal Life is only found in Christ Jesus.  He omes into your heart by "invitation only".

1. Evolution Guy profile image59
        Evolution Guyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Translation:

"I am too dumb to understand evolution and it sounds like it proves that the bible is wrong. Please don't ask questions - please accept Jeebus and everything will be fine."

1. dahoglund profile image71
          dahoglundposted 14 years agoin reply to this
          1. Trichakra profile image61
            Trichakraposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You forget to add content.

2. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really sucks for the rest of us! lol

3. mandybeau1 profile image61
        mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Noah is perpeted to have his whanau family with him in that Ark, ( We presume that there was an Ark) So that is worrying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His family would have all been one colour No??????????????????????????????????? I don't want to hear any B.S. that a Giraffe and a Monkey were responsible for some different races, Why do you people care????????????????????????????? Boats go aground all over the World how does anyone know that that is the Ark, mentioned in the Bible. I have heard that there is a curse on anyone that goes near it, still keen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Carmen Borthwick profile image61
      Carmen Borthwickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think perhaps, as rumour has it, people adapted to their environments initially. Whether or not it had anything to do with Adam and Eve who knows? I suppose if you believe that we came from that couple we should all be created in their image, whatever that image is... a guy with his genitals concealed by a grape leaf and a woman with long hair eating an apple and tempting Adam to follow suit? Sound familiar ladies? From what skin colour did man derive? Wasn't Jesus from Jerusalem? What was his skin colour, tanned [what most caucasian people strive for in summer]? Does it matter? Supposedly if you were born in Africa you had darker skin to protect you from the sun... is there no sun in Sweden? Is that why they are all blond? And if your family immigrated to another country does that change your skin-tone when you are born? Apparently not. If you are of African decent yet born in America are you still not black? If you are of Indian decent are you still not brown? If you are of Celtic decent are you still not... hmmm... the colour of white or whole wheat bread? Whether your hair color is red, blond, brown or black does it matter? Let's not forget we may have evolved from apes. So the question remains... who are we? Why are we what we are? Because no matter what we are or who we are we have the option to make the most of who we become. Regardless of race or culture we all have the ability to become the best we can be and that's the bottom line. Is this my final answer... probabaly not! We change, the environment changes, circumstances change and hopefully so will we for the better.

1. topgunjager profile image60
        topgunjagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe it does change over time, but it's not gonna take a few years, the changes on our bodies would have to come from millions of years of being under different climate and surroundings, just my 2 cents=)

1. Stimp profile image60
          Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ummm....yaaaa....how long do you estimate the earth and beings have been around....10, 20 years or maybe a wee bit more.  Just wondering.

2. blue dog profile image60
        blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

actually, there's another rumor floating out (backed by religious facts, soon to be released) that there were multiple adams and eves, a pair for every color on the planet.  stay tuned for the "soon to be released" real story on religion. seems as if god weas busier in his creation process than most zealots actually give him credit for. 

uh, her.  now there's proof that god was a man but is now a woman.

3. profile image52
        Zohan13posted 10 years agoin reply to this

So I have a questions for you? Even if you don't know the answer I would like your thought on it. What happends when we die? Do you think we might evolve and live again?

1. jacope profile image85
          jacopeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That depends on a lot of factors. Belief is one of them. If you believe or want to go to Hell then you will. It also depends on what you are and what enemies you have. Your actions also play a factor. Most have human lives to learn something. They choose what it is they want to learn in each life and write it down. After death they go back up and and are judged as to whether they learned the lesson, what level of heaven they have achieved (depending on different factors) and if they have become more enlightened. Then depending on which level they are in they will either have another physical life after a certain amount of time or they can chose to not have a human life and just learn lessons up there. When up there everyone has a certain job to perform. If demons take an interest in your life they can and will try to keep you from going back up. Also after death they can impersonate the one sent to take you up and basically kidnap you and take you down. Then there are also those that choose to remain here after they are dead for whatever reason. If you really make them mad they can also find you once you die and keep you from going up or down. Others who remain here do so because they do not realize they are dead and just wander. If you are from another realm, there is the chance that you will just recycle, normally without realizing it,  until you use up all your energy.

1. profile image52
            Zohan13posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I respect your point of view. But that's not the answer the question was intended for.

3. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

According to one DNA study and other evidence, all human life began in Africa and spread over the globe from there. At one time we were all black. As humans migrated into the climes where there was less sun our bodies adapted to fulfill the need for vitamin D and our skin lightened. Groups of people stayed in one place while others continued to spread around the globe.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree to this, what has Adam and Eve got to do with different races, Adam and Eve are just social construction, figment of mind..

4. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In India awe believe the first human was Manu. I suppose these are just fabricated stories which reveals knowledge and are not real and no one knows when the first human came into being smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you might enjoy this music from a band Manu, check out the song Duplicate Human. about the sumerian story of origin of man. http://www.myspace.com/theoathoftruth   (my sons band)

1. mohitmisra profile image60
          mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks smile my regards to your son smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

talented boy your son!
            Hello Mohit. smile

oh thank you. I will relay the message. I did not see this until now. smile (there are actually both my sons in the band)

5. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe Eve made a cuckold of Adam by having sex with different angels and demons ? who knows ! we weren't there. big_smile

1. advisor4qb profile image76
        advisor4qbposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now there's an interesting theory!  You just never know, huh?!!!

2. quietnessandtrust profile image60
        quietnessandtrustposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you are proof that evolution is real because you were an eye and now you are a woman lol lol lol

1. tantrum profile image61

lol lol lol
          Who knows in what I'm going to evolve next month ! big_smile

1. quietnessandtrust profile image60

Un pensamiento aterrador para seguro!

1. tantrum profile image61

You bet ! lol lol

6. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bable, and the FLOOD
      people settled in hot and cold places, and developed darker and lighter skin accordingly, the language thing was at Babel.
      According to the bible, and the religious interpretations I have heard.

7. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

because we have all adapted to our environment

8. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There are seen as different "races" BECAUSE we all came from Adam and Eve!  Meaning because we're all humans with individual differences, some slight, some very noticeable.
      Actually, we're all of the same "race"---the human race.   But of course I understand the need for descriptive labels to connotate different "races".
      Personal observation of and by people throughout about 6000 years of time,  including scientific observation, tells us that there are many many genetic possibilities of differences in height, weight propensity, eye color, skin shades, eye shapes, nose shapes, disease susceptibility,  melanin in skin, etc. and etc.    While there may be some environmental factors that contribute to the differences, like living in the desert heat as opposed to living in, say, Alaska, etc.,  the main factor is simply human individuality, genetic possibilities and occurrences.  For instance, most Asians simply do not have as much skin around their eyes as do some other "races".
      We are all descendants of Adam and Eve.   I'm sure their first-born children didn't look exactly like them,  nor their next-born ones, nor the descendant of those, etc.,  nor does anyone to this day look exactly like anybody else!  (Well, barring a few coincidences or whatever where it's almost impossible to tell two people apart like twins, etc. hahha but then again, that's just one of those "possibilities" I mentioned.)

1. Zelkiiro profile image89
        Zelkiiroposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Funny. I thought you didn't believe in evolution...

9. profile image0
      snapcracklepopposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Created within Adam's loins was the ability to produce different races of people/mankind. That ability no doubt ceased once he died.

10. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes. Climate/environment CAUSED (through eons of time/evolution) different colors of eyes, facial features, varying skin tones, hair color, etc. through adaptation to environments and DNA / RNA. Its complicated. Modern science / research and discoveries provide valuable clues to how humans happen to manifest/exist.

2. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

if you believe in the bible and read Genesis, it is all in there, how the different races were started off...

3. Stimp profile image60
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

Seriously....

Who gives two craps??  Believe what you want to believe.  There are two sides to every story.  Evolution is one, Adam and Eve are the other....the truth is in between.  Perhaps Adam and Eve were NOT humans as we perceive them now?  How bout that.  I think the truth lies within both theories working together.  Although some are one mindedness enough to believe that only one story of any kind is true.  Who said that you can't embrace the idea that the truth lies between instead of challenging others' beliefs of one side or the other.  I personally would never do that UNLESS and only UNLESS I questioned myself.  Think about it.

Horses (and other mammals) were not now what they were back then....why are you excluding humans from this "growth" into what we "look" like now.  BTW;  horses STILL have remnants of that third toe they used to have way back when....it's now called a chestnut.

Give us something challenging and FACTUAL to debate on...this is quite tiring...YAAAAWWWNNN.   think I'll go to bed.

1. Stimp profile image60

Nice try there, Zippy:  don't get pulled into this duma$$es controversy.  He's trying to work you all up.  Here is the definition of JEEBUS per the Urban Dictionary that ALL the inexperienced youngsters use as their way of talking.  Well, probably because they've not learned proper english.  Paint a big "L" on your forehead for trying to fool us...ha ha...the elders got you back. I D 10 T.

1.     Jeebus Crust    

Jeebus Crust is the Crust of Crustianity and the reason we celebrate Crustmas. He is the son of Gosh and part of the Holy 3-Some (or Ménage à Trois). Jeebus was born to Bloody Mary, a virgin, by a miracle of the Spirit of Truthiness. The Holy Babble gives an account of an angel visiting Bloody Mary to tell her that she was chosen to bare the Son of Gosh. Jeebus is known as the first Ninja. He is also the first to demonstrate the Ninja stealth ability of turning into a bunny.

This is a radical distortion of the TRUTH. Jeebus Krist is the one, the only, the way and the light that proves ebolution is a lie.

But - you go ahead and distract away from the fact that evolution proves there is no god if it makes you feel better.

1. Stimp profile image60

Seriously.....whatever.  I guess Stimp shouldn't write when the "wine from the vine" has been flowing freely LOL.  I have a couple fans that find it amusing too bad others are too uptight to relax and go with it.

2. topgunjager profile image60
      topgunjagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i was just trying to make sense of things sir, if i am wrong then i hope to be corrected, i'm just trying to look for answers that makes sense, answers that are not based on faith, i've had faith since i can remember, i'm just trying to get answers from other people's point of view, i'm not going to protect my beliefs if i can be presented something true and has evidence, i'm sure a lot of people here are acting the way they act because religion was pushed on them when they were just children and they feel like being made fools of, the age when they were intellectually defenseless. now other things are making sense so it's normal to question what you were led believe and i say this with respect sir=)

People like Stimp are always satisfied with the easy answer. There is NOT two sides to this story. This is s good description of how evolution works and the ensuing discussion rather pointedly shows the religious objections to a scientific explanation of how we came to be:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/7572

I personally agree that evolution proves the christian god can not exist. It would be difficult to think of a more roundabout way of "creating man in His own image," than billions of years of evolution.

http://hubpages.com/hub/creation-v-evolution

But there are quite a few religionists here on the site who will argue against the facts because it means their beliefs are worthless, and no matter how much evidence you put in front of them, they are going to continue to fight it. They will go to some lengths to do so as well:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Creation-or-Int … olutionism
        http://hubpages.com/hub/TheBibleAndEvolution
        http://hubpages.com/hub/Atheistic-Evolu … ion-Expose

A quick read of these people's hubs will give you an idea of the wide variety of excuses they come up with to "prove" their religion. From dinosaurs being "pre-Adamic," to being on the Ark.

Sad really. sad

2. Stimp profile image60

Okay...I understand.  I am "spiritual" not religious.  I don't personally look for answers like these because, personally, it doesn't mean anything to me (it is what it is...my motto)....however, it does appear as though it is important to you.  I apologize if I've taken your question lightly and have thrown in my own comedic answers.  But there are some good books out there that I found to be helpful "Conversations With God..." the trilogy.  (remember, I too, am not a "religious" person and found this book to help my life tremendously).  And also Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth.  Hope it helps.  Good luck.

4. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Adam and Eve had one distinct advantage over all that followed....they never had to go through the teething stage. ;D

1. Stimp profile image60

EXACTLY.....LOL LOL LOL

2. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO what an excellent point.Nor through puberty as well, no nasty pimples I am sure..

5. profile image0
    Rick Marlowposted 14 years ago

How did this turn into Evolution vs.Creation again?Good grief guys,give us a break........Please

the OP has a legitimate question he is searching. and RM, whenever this subject comes up, it's always going to be evolution vs. creation. 

he has an open mind which is the only way anyone really learns.

2. quietnessandtrust profile image60

The horse is NOT dead yet ?
      Or not dead again ?

Wait, how can that happen ?

I know...the horse is evolving lol

http://www.ilovewavs.com/Effects/Music/ … 0Loser.wav

6. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

I actually like it but have no idea what he's saying! :-(

are u referring to the song?
      it's pretty deep actually. I may have the words somewhere.

7. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

Natural selection... what's the big mystery? Whether it was evolution or Adam and Eve that started mankind... the different races come from Natural selection.

8. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Because people like races...car races especially!

1. blondepoet profile image66

Hahaha good one.!!!

9. TimTurner profile image69
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

Same reason why people have darker skin near the equator....they evolved and adapted to the sun smile

Really Tim I never actually thought of that. What an interesting point!!!

1. TimTurner profile image69
        TimTurnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I try to use real-life examples in my points smile

2. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then why are eskimos dark?

Because they use Solar Umbre tanning lotion.!!!

2. livelonger profile image85
        livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because they migrated there from Asia. They also get a lot of vitamin D from their diet.

1. TimTurner profile image69

And that too!

Damn why did Ralwus and I not know this. !!! Does that mean if I take vitamin D I may get a little colour in my body, I am looking a little pale lately.

1. livelonger profile image85
              livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, meaning that they were originally dark because they migrated from Asia. When they migrated to the far north, normally natural selection would favor those who were lighter because they would produce more vitamin D naturally. But, because their diet is rich in cod and seal livers, they get plenty of vitamin D and those who were darker did not have an evolutionary disadvantage.

3. TimTurner profile image69

Light reflects off water and snow intensely.  That's why if you go fishing on a cloudy day, you still come back sunburned smile

10. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

And Chinese people are shorter because they are closer to the sun!

What a pile of unscientific rubble! lol

1. profile image0

ZOMFG who said that?  Anti Evolution Hall of Fame calling!  10! 10! 10! lol

All my own work. smile

1. profile image0

Phew!  Nice work. smile

2. TimTurner profile image69

Huh?

Being a bit facetious to another post. smile

11. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Eternal Life can be a bitch.

1. profile image0

yeah dark tink, I know...I know. lol

12. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

This assumes that a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation accounts are accurate, which, in my opinion, shows woeful ignorance of cultural and historical context as well as proper literary analysis.

That being said, scientifically, there is enough genetic evidence to make the idea that we all came from a very small group of common ancestors look pretty convincing. The way people cite evolution and adaptation as reasons for the diversity in our appearance would make it seem like the "races" are different human subspecies. As there are more genetic differences between say, a poodle and a bichon frise than there are between humans of European and more direct African descent, I disagree with that.

So how is it that, given our relative genetic similarities, we still look so different? Science has yet to answer that question conclusively.

As for the actual question regarding why, I think finding out the why as opposed to the how is outside of science's purview and may be better handled by philosophy and religion.

We come in different shapes, sizes, colors, with different hair textures and different looking facial features perhaps because the "image of God" does not refer to physical appearance at all. Perhaps because the Creator would tire of making people look all alike, being... well... creative. Perhaps to teach us to look past different appearances and see how alike we really are- even down to the level of molecular genetics. Who knows?

1. profile image0

I think you are so wrong that it makes me ill to think that this sort of thinking is what causes genocide.

1. Valerie F profile image60
        Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What's so wrong with what I posted? The idea that we haven't evolved into separate subspecies actually should support human solidarity across all "races" and highlight the fact that when we murder, when we commit genocide, we're killing off our own family.

1. profile image0
          sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And again! Hear! Hear!

2. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hear!Hear! You are one smart woman! I bow to your greatness!

13. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

It would be real boring if all we had was the three legged race!

14. livelonger profile image85
    livelongerposted 14 years ago

Well, I find myself agreeing with Sneako. Valerie F's sentiments on this resonate with mine, too.

Of course it is an unfortunate aspect of our tribal nature to invent reasons to demonize our neighbors.

15. Marcus D Mays profile image60
    Marcus D Maysposted 14 years ago

There is only one race that is the human race. We all came from one source and that source is GOD. Now here it is, we where at one time all the same but as men number grew they begin to do things that were not good and the LORD GOD had to confuse them well their speech and doing this confusion they separated and broke out into different groups and spreaded out to cover the earth.

16. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Your god is a psychopath! Read the bible all the way through! smile

17. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 10 years ago

Little known factoid I've picked up in my travels. Adam and Eve were created in rainbow colors. So, that explains all the different color races.

1. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You may be confusing them with Skittles.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Doh!!! Not the first time I've made that mistake.

2. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol

18. profile image53
    Shel123posted 7 years ago

I get where all different skin colours supposidly came from but what about all the different facial features we all have? Expecially the big differences between lets say chinese/british?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)