ABC cancels Roseanne for racist tweets.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (56 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

One of Spanky's best representatives has let her mouth overload her ass, resulting in the cancelation of the controversial remake. At least some companies have kept their integrity intact through this disastrous administration.

1. Castlepaloma profile image74
      Castlepalomaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Even if I agree with Barr ( ahead of her time) Making protest like calling Israel the Zionist/Nazi State. You cannot accept to be hired or feed by the hand that owns America.

I don't protest sciencteogy because I need a lawyer. I don't protest Zionist much because I need a job.

I'm fearless, yet not stupid.

2. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Interesting though how such talk from the left didn't get Kathy Griffin fired because............" well she's a comedian " ?

Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Fired from what?  Roseanne asked for it by her racists comments. I didn't realize Kathy made any racist or sexist comments.

Are you comparing her to Roseanne?

1. profile image0

You know , what Roseanne did is horrible ,  I'll not  defend her ;     But because  Griffin merely dissed Trump  by holding a bloody head that was just fine? 
          Two sides to the coin huh ?

2. Castlepaloma profile image74

Both Barr and Kathy and not classy comedians, yet I give them high marks for brave honesty.

Barr said...  muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

I don't get it, then Barr apologies a half hour later, not worth destroying a 9 billion investment on a comedy show. Where Trump in action is facist and racist to millions of people everyday.

Trump placed a lawsuit against Bill Maher seeking $5 million.  If Trump could prove he was not the son of an orangutan.

No wonder Trump is the world Champion of Lawsuits.

1. wilderness profile image94
            wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"Where Trump in action is facist and racist to millions of people everyday."

I like the way you worded that: racist to millions of people.  Not necessarily in truth and fact, but in the perception of people too gullible to look beyond the hatred they are being fed.

Nothing so beautifully magical about Trumps action of Fascism. Isn't that how Hitler gained control? Don't forget that certain groups were blamed for ALL the national problems in Germany back then, like the Jews, Gypsies, the mentally ill and physically handicapped, and atheist. All while "wrapping himself in the flag and holding a bible.

Today, Trump is blaming ALL national problems on Latinos, Muslims and other minority groups. Where's the difference, other than the groups being discriminated against?
              Not one other race other than whites voted for him. He was selected President and America people lost by a false democracy by 3 million votes.

Since I don't understand hate, I love to love Trump out of the majority hair. Just because he lied to them hugely.

1. profile image0

Try reading a history book Castle ,  One of the most important major discoveries you'll find out is that America is a constitutional republic and it never was a democracy .   Popular vote ?  Who cares about popular voting but at the  town meeting and state levels .   Ever heard the term "Nation States " ?  Why do we constantly have to re-educate so many on the left about our constitution ?

Want to see Fascism ?   Look at Obama who executive ordered the AHCA .
                The Fast and furious Arms for Mexican cartels , IRS scandal against the Tea Party ,  Ignored US  constitutional law at the border ,  assumed the raw cash Iran deal ....................There was your " Hitler".

Horse
                  ThanksYou know I only liked Kennedy. The Zionists will never reveal the true story
                  behind Hitler. There are many Hitler's behind the Presidents from world war 1 to today. Who would take Obama as bigoted or Racism. The true Hitler's uses the Presidents for their front men, good cop, bad cop and enslaved us coming and going.

1. profile image0

There is NOTHING like a Hitler in the entire history of the US , except within the wire tangled minds of illusionists and delusionists ,  Question , you sound like a baby boomer ,    How politically spoiled and ideologically entitled  do you feel the American public has become since the "greatest generation "? 

Score , The Greatest generation One ----Hitler O

2. Live to Learn profile image60
                    Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Don't forget that Kennedy was in office during the era where the press were playing footsies with the politicians.

2. Credence2 profile image78
                Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

As I say, in time the Right will find democracy and popular sovereignty an 'incovenience', then "Watch Out"

2. IslandBites profile image89
        IslandBitesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean like this?

CNN ended its deal with Kathy Griffin after she caused outrage over a video clip she posted showing her holding a fake decapitated head made to look like President Donald Trump.

The news network announced the decision in a tweet from its Communications Department.

"CNN has terminated our agreement with Kathy Griffin to appear on our New Year's Eve program," the tweet reads.

Griffin has hosted CNN's New Year's Eve coverage with network anchor Anderson Cooper since 2007.

And this?

Several venues have canceled shows featuring comic Kathy Griffin in the wake of her presidential beheading controversy.

In addition to being fired from CNN and dropped as spokeswoman for footstool maker Squatty Potty, the two-time Emmy- and Grammy-winning comedian has had five gigs in her Celebrity Run-Ins Tour axed following her inflammatory Tyler Shields pictorial that showcased her holding up a bloody likeness of President Trump's decapitated head.

1. profile image0

First no problem , Rosanne deserved it , second ,  I'm saying there's an obvious discrepancy between how long it takes the left to check the offenses from right to left in these outbursts .

1. IslandBites profile image89

Let me remind you what you said.

Yeah. Nice try.

1. profile image0

For one , she didn't suffer  a total disconnect from work ,You want to ignore that truth , fine  , they fired Griffin from THAT ONE  New Years Eve program and any other economic loss that she suffered was residual because of her own mouthing of her opine of the actual offence .

3. RJ Schwartz profile image88
      RJ Schwartzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your hate for the President is consuming you Randy.  What Roseanne did is hers and hers only - it has no connection to Trump.

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image68
        JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No connection RJ? That's not quite accurate: It appeasr as if they are connected at the hip: Roseanne and Donny Boy are cut from the same despicable racist cloth and have actually followed the same 'ratings trend': Rosanne's reboot went from about 18 million Trump fan viewers down to about 13 million in a very short period of time, just like Donny's ratings: Maybe they got bored with Roseanne just like Donny:

And here's Hallucination prone Donny Boy bragging about his new love Rosaenne:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9QyxYtTXmc

1. RJ Schwartz profile image88

New Guy Jake /  I wasn’t addressing you. Thanks for playing.

It looks like these are open discussions RJ, I always get responses from individuals who I'm not necessarily addressing: It just happens so I guess you just go with it:

But multiple responses doesn't necessarily change the Rosanne and Donny connections:

I clearly stated that the post was for an individual - no hard feelings.  You may believe the two entities are connected but most people don’t.  Would you also say that all the hate on late night TV is associated with Obama?  How about Joy Behar?  How about Kathy Griffin, who does she speak for?  I expect you to try and defend those in your own way, and when you do, what does that say?  A standard has to be applied equally across both sides of the spectrum.  The supporters of a political leader don’t speak for that leader, they speak for themselves.

Well RJ, the individuals you've mentioned are not racists, misogynists, bigots nor angry hate filled Anti-American puppets who retweet Mussoli quotes or dress up like Adolf Hitler and they are not trying desperately to undermine our healthcare system and did not give all of our money to Wall Street elitists, but guess who is all of the above and actually did all of the above? Yup, Mr. Trump is and did, and disgraceful Rosanne being a lost fan of his instead of obstructing his evil acts, makes them a creation of the very same evil mold:

You’ve just proven my point - you’re one dimensional- there’s plenty of cherry-picked arguements available (just ask the media) but at the end of the day it’s just a double standard.  Thanks for demonstrating it.  Try taking emotion out of your narrative and examine who is killing American health care - it’s neither Party, it’s the drug companies and insurance folks.  Open your eyes to the bigger picture and stay out of the weeds.

Not sure how I've proved it but okay: Actually Spanky Trump and his republican accomplices in congress are trying desperately to sabotage healthcare in America by cutting funding for children's coverage, subsidies etc, not drug companies as you claim and yes, if calling a racist a racist like Rosie Barr and her disgusting pal Spanky Trump is considered by you to be one dimensional then so be it, I'll stick to the facts and truth because no matter how many 'dimensions' anyone tries to apply to these two national disgraces, they can never disguise it::

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

I can't hate Spanky, Ralph! First I'd have to respect him before hating him. I don't hate ignorant people, simply pity them.

I like the fact that you have convictions Randy - standing behind your opinion is a great quality

3. IslandBites profile image89

What else could anyone possibly expect from Mr. Trump? He's a 71 year old idiot plain and simple, and if he wasn't so mentally unstable and incredibly dangerous, he would simply be ignored for the bad joke that he truly is:

Yeah but he’s a billionaire and president - what are your accomplishments Jake?  I mean other than being able to parrot the opinions of others? And here’s more lobbying info for you - facts not opinions of course from The Hill - health-care groups remained steady in the higher echelon of spenders on advocacy last year, with the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), Blue Cross Blue Shield, the American Hospital Association and the American Medical Association all making the top 10

Gee Ralph, how did you get a look at Spanky's tax returns? No one else but Mueller has seen them so far, or you simply taking lying Spanky's word for his  being a billionaire? I suspect the latter....  tongue

4. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Randy, a lot of these networks are not as outraged as we would think when things like this happen. Rosanne is no longer a cash cow for the network, she isjust a cow. I think that her format has lost its appeal and her days were numbered anyway, this incident just made it easier for ABC to give her  the boot.

I could be wrong, ratings data seems to say something else. I just don't remember network executives not trying to blow over things like this when they clearly cannot afford to lose.

2. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 5 years ago

I agree with RJ Schwartz. Simply because the most irrational and foolish voices on the left may be (in your opinion) speaking for Pelosi, Hillary or their ilk; to assume Rosanne represents Trump is just another of your ill guided opinions.

3. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

How childish , sophomoric and shallow these lefties that  just hate , pure hate ,  open and unadulterated hate for Trump .   Geee , I'm sure it bothers him though ...............not!

4. profile image0

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/14060260.jpg

Perfect example of the media hypocrisy about bigotry , whatever you do don't be a conservative and a bigot ?   What  Joy Reid apologise  ?

See what I mean about the two faced coin ?

5. Randy Godwin profile image61

Roseanne is now blaming ambien for her racist remarks, but the make of the pill says they make no medications which causes racism in its users. Not even a good try, Rosie! lol  Yep a true Spanky fan and follower.  She is a true representative of the right. yikes

I wonder which sleep aide she's gonna blame this disgraceful thing on: But don't cry for her Argentina, given their track record, she'll probably be a fox channel contributor soon: After all, fox viewers are her only base left and they recently reinstated hate filled creepy Laura Ingraham's show:

How did this stand in America?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/14061296.jpg

Those were meant to be Jewishnazi cookies.

You have to admit Hitler was a very funny looking guy with his hair cut, mustache and serious face.  Tragedy can make great comedy. It's the be all and end all of expression.

That damn ambien again!!  lol Hey, perhaps Spanky is also a victim of the racist medication? yikes

Don't know if Ambien has racist side effect,

I stick to my soft illegal drugs, far less harmful.

2. JAKE Earthshine profile image68

Now we know Mr. Trump's pal Rosie Barr probably wasn't joking in that disgusting unpatriotic photo:

Patriotism or Nationaism is way over rated.

Richard Dawkins said. Nationaism is more dangerous than Religion

That is really scary coming from him.

6. Randy Godwin profile image61

Spanky just tweeted about Roseanne's show being cancelled and asks why ABC hasn't apologized to him for some not-mentioned slights against him. What an ignoramus who never apologizes for any insults he has made to others no matter how bad.  Look up hypocrite in the dictionary and there will be a picture of Spanky  beside the definition. lol

7. profile image0

Roseanne Barr ,   a creation of ABC , a character of ABC creation ,   a story line of ABC ,  a revival series of ABC with a politically sensationalized storyline ,  and now an ABC cancelled primetime program ?

Now ,  Question ,  How exactly is this Trumps fault anyway ? Was Kathy Griffin Trumps fault ?  Michelle Wolff,  Sarah Silverman , Bill Mahers , Alec Baldwin ,  Rosie O'donnell , Wanda Sykes , All of these two dollar comics are creations of their own Holly wood .exec's   They have brought out the worst human traits of racial prejudice , bigotry ,  rising and falling popularity in  shows ,............liberals and conservatives alike have apparently forgotten the national anthem Barr controversy, these people  are fools from and of hollywood  alone and represents no one on the right .

Hollywood delivers  you this  not Trump .

No legitimate defense of Spanky Trump and his love Rosie Barr? Just more false comparisons again? Don't you get bored with it and aren't you bored with the same old tired Trump routine?

2. Castlepaloma profile image74

For sure, nobody will ask Barr to sing the National anthem again. Lol.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)