My hub page is not published.

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Shalon L Leonard profile image75
    Shalon L Leonardposted 5 years ago

Hello H.P I am new here, I tried to publish my first Hub on Monday but I still keep seeing a message stating its unpublished.

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We can't see your article, but this might help: https://hubpageshelp.com/standards/Lear … tured-Hubs

There are also lots of other useful articles there. It's a good idea to research the platform so you know what's expected: https://hubpageshelp.com

Welcome and good luck smile

2. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 5 years ago

Hi Shalon

You should have received an email with a link in it that you can use to post your article here for help. Without that link we can't offer assistance.

That facility doesn't work any more, Rupert. There hasn't been one of those posts for ages now. I have reported it but the only response was 'the hubber must be removing the link' (???).

1. Natalie Frank profile image92
        Natalie Frankposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What does this mean?  So there isn't a way anymore for hubbers to get help on articles that aren't being published?  This is quite a problem since they don't give you any type of detailed feedback regarding why your article isn't being published.  Or aren't there even email going out to that effect anymore so you only know your article wasn't published by returning to your account page? I have noticed there aren't any "need help" posts recently.  I think it was a useful function especially if editors aren't offering any help of their own.

That's correct. We can see them in that short window immediately after they publish, if they post the normal link. However, as soon as QAP gets them, they are unpublished and we can't view them.

I'm not sure about the emails.

And yes, I agree with you, new hubbers need this facility if they are going to learn how to produce a decent hub.

Meanwhile, all we can do is direct them to the Learning Center, where they'll have to figure it out for themselves.

2. lightingdirector profile image61
        lightingdirectorposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You should have received an email with a link in it that you can use to post your article here for help. Without that link we can't offer assistance.

Like I said, it doesn't work any more.

Shalon L Leonardposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I tried the other method does that seem to work.

2. Shalon L Leonard profile image75

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Myst … e-Identity I don't know if this will work but if si can you give your opinion

Shalon, click on Chronological top right, then you will see who is replying to whom. My reply was for LightingDirector.

The normal link won't work  either, Shalon. If it isn't published no-one can see it.

You have to fix the article yourself. Use the resources in the Learning Center: https://hubpageshelp.com/

3. Shalon L Leonard profile image75

Hello I was able to finally get my hub published can you give me some feed back on it. https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Myst … e-Identity

Right off the bat - the title is too long. Cut it down to something short that gets people's attention and pulls them in.  Second, you just launch into why you thought it was a hoax etc.  For those of us who have no idea who you are talking about this would be a turn off.  Give some description of who the person is then what this alleged hoax is about an why you feel this one may not be one.

2. Shalon L Leonard profile image75

I have not received it, I've  contacted hub pages but is till have not received a response

If you follow the thread through (click on Chronological, top right), you'll see that there's a problem with that anyway. The team won't be able to help you. You have to fix your hub so that it meets the level of quality they want.

Ok I'll try that see it works, the hub has a 60 grade

3. Kenna McHugh profile image90
    Kenna McHughposted 5 years ago

The HP editors should help the writers more. Forum emails are not encouraging nor are they helpful.

4. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 5 years ago

Wonder why they did that. It's not like it was a cost burden to HP as all the advice was dispensed by volunteers. Personally, even though I am an experienced professional writer, I found the assistance given to others very helpful. I'm a great believer in the adage that you are never too old to learn.

I agree.  Even though I am an editor, that's one of the ways I have learned the most on HP.  HP has specific criteria and rules that aren't used other places and some of them aren't published anywhere.  It has been the hubbers that have been here the longest who had obtained the information previously that answered those questions which taught me a lot of things I wouldn't have otherwise had the opportunity to learn.  Though I do feel it is the editors job to give editorial guidelines when not publishing an article, at least general information as we've all seen new hubbers become extremely frustrated and some even leave because they edited their first article 6 or 7 times and it was still rejected without any feedback as to why from the editors.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I think that function just broke for some reason and staff just don't realize it and think people just stopped using it for some reason.  That is the impression I got from their responses to people reporting it is broken.  Nevertheless, it is broken.

I reported it here: https://hubpages.com/community/forum/33 … nk-problem

Christy responded, she doesn't think it's broken.

6. Shalon L Leonard profile image75

Hub pages emailed me and sent me this link, I don't know if it works, if so can someone please review and tell me what I am doing wrong. https://hubpages.com/my/hubs/stats

1. theyankeecajun profile image80
      theyankeecajunposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, that's a link to My Article Statistics, so anyone that follows the link will be taken to their own statistics page. 

Perhaps they sent the link for you to go there to select your article in question and then get that link?

Someone else showed me what to do to get the link address, can you give me your suggestions

1. theyankeecajun profile image80
            theyankeecajunposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sorry... 404. Page does not exist.

Not sure what issue is, as I myself, am very new to Hub Pages.  I have seen you issue pop up a lot in the forums though, but yet for others, they are able to provide a working link.

Good Luck in getting this issue sorted!

7. Shalon L Leonard profile image75

All they said was try to publish it again and email them back if I still had a problem. I tried republishing it but it didn't work.

There have been a number of bugs showing up recently so there maybe something that is being changed or that needs fixing.  Following up on the last response - if you go to your statistics is the article there and if so and you open it can you copy the address and then post it here for us to try to help out with?  That might be some kind of solution.  Also do email the team back and see if they can let you know what's up with the article.  But sometimes it takes them time to get back to you so with all of us here you might get a quicker answer if there is in fact something that can be edited in your article.

I tried the method you suggested I hope it works. https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Myst … e-Identity

8. phamnhatle profile image59
    phamnhatleposted 5 years ago

try write a post

9. Natalie Frank profile image92
    Natalie Frankposted 5 years ago

Just some general things to start with when you are trying to fix your hub.  These are some of the most common suggestions given:

Make sure grammar, spelling, punctuation and syntax are all correct and it reads well.  You can use the http://www.hemingwayapp.com/ to fix all kinds of things like passive wording, run on sentences, adverbs you can cut, word choice and more.

Make sure the content applies to the title and that the title is one that will grab a readers attention.  Use subtitles that are descriptive, short and SEO friendly.

Break the content up into capsules - I believe at least three are recommended.  Make sure your content is well organized, is presented in a logical order and doesn't jump around.

Use legal pictures from Pixabay, Pexels, Unsplash, or google - filter for usage "labeled for reuse." Technically as a writer, you are liable for copyright infringement, and HP is not so it's good to label your pictures with an attribution if possible (I'm guilty of not doing this and now that I've said it I will start and go back and try to label at least my pictures.  Sigh.) Try to use 2-3 if the content warrants it and the pictures add to the article.  If not use at least one clear picture at the beginning which is big enough to fit across the entire column.

Check the mobile version - HP has done a great job of making the mobile platform conform to a variety of specifications so usually if you write on a laptop or desktop your mobile version will look fine, but every so often there's a glitch.  This isn't something that will keep your article from being published obviously but it's just a good practice. 

Be careful about plagiarism - Attribute quotes to the people who originally said them. If it’s a multi-line quote, you should use HP's pull quotes.

If you have any links make sure to create hyperlinks and don't paste URLS directly.

Make sure to use proper subheading levels H1, H2 etc. It's best to start the article with an introduction not a subheading for a section without introducing the content of the article.

You can use bold or italic   to emphasize a few words but in general it's best not to use both unless for some reason you need an added subheading level.  One or the other should be enough to underscore the phrase.  You don't need to bold or italicize links since the underline is enough to make them stand out.

Use these if applicable.  Keep in mind there may be other things that you might need to fix. These are just some of the common areas that we often see that need fixing.  Once you get it published, if it's not featured then you can post the link and we can help you with specifics.  Hopefully, once you spend some time on it, you will have it published and featured in one shot!   

It may seem all seem a bit overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of the HP specifics you'll find you can write articles that are published and featured, and hopefully transferred to one of the niche sites without the need to submit them through the application.

You can post questions about anything you are not sure of and we'll do our best to help out.  Feel free to pm me if you'd like. 

Good luck!

10. Shalon L Leonard profile image75

Ok thank you so much

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)