Gods

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (141 posts)
  1. Erudite Scholar profile image60
    Erudite Scholarposted 5 years ago

Are we gods?

1. lovetherain profile image80
      lovetherainposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so. I think we are a part of the greater consciousness, which some might call God.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image70
        Miebakagh57posted 5 years agoin reply to this

lovetherain, my friend, I agreed with you. Yes, we can not be separated from God even after going all the way of the earth! We are a product of God. We all are His eyes, ears, mouth, legs, hands, and all. Thank you, and blessings!

2. Mr. Happy profile image71
        Mr. Happyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, we create, we give birth, we destroy/kill. We have access to the "greater consciousness" (those of us who work at it) thus, we are gods just not everyone sees it. That should not mean that if we know this, we become magalomaniacs. Act responsibly.

1. PhoenixV profile image63
          PhoenixVposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Does not an ant do likewise?  They give birth. They kill. They create nests. They seem in-tune collectively.

1. Mr. Happy profile image71
            Mr. Happyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am glad You brought-up ants. I actually have been living with Pharaoh Ants for soon to be three years. They do give birth, create, kill and destroy. They certainly communicate with each other very well and I even observed one ant pulling another ant out of a small drop of water near the sink in one of my washrooms. The drop of water was tiny but so are these ants and when one was in trouble, it was amazing to see another ant come to its help.

With that in mind, Gods have great awareness - ants, however lovely they are and as much as I personally like them, they do not have that kind of awareness and/or Power. We do have a special gift and I so wish more people would use it wisely.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
              Castlepalomaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Like your username, Mr happy.

Ancient times they studied ants and learn military tactic and how to charge taxes.
              Ants would instinctually work together like one for all and all for one. It would be most beautiful if humans could set aside their predator God ghosts and do the same as well.

1. wilderness profile image95
                wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

But would it?  Ants are "programmed", almost like a computer, to do certain things.  There is no "free will" at all - it is all subsumed by genetic programming.

Not sure we want the human species to follow that path.

There something everyone, that they can do better than me and vise versa. The same for every species of animal.

There is a million times more ants living on earth than human beings. Between the 2 species which one would go extincted first?

I can learn more from ants than from anybodies imaginary God  because I am sure ants exist.

1. Ants teach us to be brave. Ants are a lot braver than your typical action movie hero.

2. Ants teach us to ignore little diversions. Put any obstacle in its way and it still soldiers on to its destination.

3. Ants teach us that the next generation is everybody’s responsibility
                  Ants raise all their young together Their advice or even settling a small fight in a very civilized manner. Humans become quite selfish in the upbringing of our children. Even worse are the cases of child rape and murder. Put aside your ego because it’s all for the greater good.

4. Ants teach us that knowledge should be shared. A single ant is capable of carrying up to 50 times its body weight than carried back to base for the development of the colony.  Discussion accelerates the development of knowledge which could be beneficial to mankind.

5. Ants teach us to adapt to our surroundings. You can find ants just about anywhere.. Ants know where to search for resources and you should do the same. When things around you change, learn to adapt and make the most out of it.

If you could somehow teach them to build castles in the sand.

2. Miebakagh57 profile image70

Hello, castlepaloma, all the lessons about ants, I agreed. But didyou realized that these has already stated in our Christian Bible in the book of proverbs? Many profound thanks for weighing in.

Hello, wilderness, you'll on course. Ants, like any other living things are programmed to do certain things in a certain way. The do not think or imagine.

Thinking and imaginationare characters of human being. Many thnks for weighing in and commenting. Have a nice day today.

Hi, Jeff, lovetherain, wilderness, and live to learn seem to give the right and exact answer. A God is one who should speak while is creatures keep silence and listen!

How do you listen to God, Miebakagh57?

Hello, lovetherain, I pray to him for the solution to my problems, then I keep quiet and listen. It is a one-on-one affair, like a father and a son. Do you get it? Thanks.

Listen for what? A voice? intuition? something else?

lovetherain, listening to God, and not a voice or intuition. It is even good to listen to intuition. God can get you there, for intuition speaks out what God says to you. Hope that helps, and thanks.

3. PhoenixV profile image63

*Sensitive Content Warning*

Once upon a time, there were 4 magic multi colored unicorns. They were all siblings and loved each other very much. They would frolic and play in the meadows and enjoy the sun and wind in their manes. Except for the occasional horn to bumper collision incidents, life was a happy time.

Now for whatever reason, which is an unknown: carelessness, recklessness, evil or need to know basis, their caretaker, owner or attendant, chained them all to a tree and disappeared. Left them there.

They became entangled in their chains and struggled. They began to hunger and thirst. They passed slowly and one at a time. The only relief was maybe a dream. A relief from the panic and thirst. A relief from the elements. A quick dream away from the entangled chains of another passed unicorn laying next to you.

It seems like an eternity.

God is whoever is willing to take one of their places. TWISI

Any takers?

how about you?

Im retired. How about you?

I would like to say i would, but really, i don't know my heart that well.

Maybe you already did in the past and you have forgotten.

I think God helps us learn what is in our heart

Prolly plaque in mine and yours prolly pumping Hawaiian punch or strawberry soda.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

What is a god?

One that creates?  We create.
    One that loves?  We love.
    One that can destroy?  We destroy.
    One that kills?  We kill
    One that thinks (self aware)?  We think.

Erudite Scholarposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you wilderness.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

Good point

3. PhoenixV profile image63

We create?  What is created that was not already here? We destroy with a bomb. Fusion or chain reaction some existing material. The sun does it every second. We will pass and the future will not notice.

Without contemplation, we elect ourselves and desire empowerment. Self anointed Power. Scary thought carried through.

Are you not describing a god?  A god that changed a singularity into the universe and a pile of dust into the earth (creates)? A god that piles hydrogen until it explodes...and then dies and the future will not notice it.  A god that built a comet...and them smashed it into Jupiter, destroying it?

A god that elected itself and demands that it be worshipped?  That anointed itself as omnipotent and omniscent?

What is a god?

Can a perfect being like God create imperfect things?

That God created atheist and marrijanna and gays.  According to leading assumed Authorities down here, that's not so perfect.

Setting aside the assumed but unproven "perfectness" of any god, one must ask just how "perfect" human beings are...as their eyes fail, their hearts give out, their knees come apart.  As they murder each other, enslave each other and spend a lifetime scrabbling for just a few more dollars.

4. Aime F profile image70
      Aime Fposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Damn dude, that’s deep.

5. peterstreep profile image80
      peterstreepposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's what I liked about the Greek and Roman gods. They were more human. They loved, hated, made war amongst one another , committed adultery, cheated, loved with passion.
      The modern god is to much of an abstract invisible dictator who does not accept other gods or other ideas for that matter. A god with the scientific knowledge from 2000 years ago. He/She never went to school ever since.
      In a way, yes, we are gods, for ants and dogs as such. But we are nothing more then a passing fancy in the universal timescale.
      And oh brother, beware of the arrogance of the gods. Those know it all types who judge so lightly with the sword.

It was necessary for gods to change, and they did so.  The Greek/Roman gods interacted with people...but only in the next village or country.  Never with me.  As we lost that gullibility, the gods had to stop living where we could see them, had to stop having our children, etc.  They had to go invisible to be believed at all.  So they did.

1. peterstreep profile image80

Clever move.
          Besides becoming invisible, the next stage is that they desolve. The more men understands about the world. The less we need the “God made/did that” as an answer. God is slowly but surely being thrown out of the quotation and become obsolete.
          So perhaps, yes, we as humans are throwing him out of the office and take his/her/it job instead.

And that, too, is happening as religion loses its strangle hold on the population and the rate of atheism rises everywhere. 

In the not too distant past you were killed throughout the UK if you weren't a Christian.  Ireland fought long terrible wars over which sect of Christianity was permissible.  Now the country is 53% atheist.  The rest of Europe is similar and even that bastion of Christianity, the US, is seeing more and more atheists willing to come "out of the closet".

The middle east, and other strongholds of Islam, lag the rest of the world, but their god is being weakened there as well, changing to more acceptance of other religions/concepts including atheism.

I can't imagine a war between agnostics and atheists. They might be busy shooting their mouths off, just not guns. Most of the dominant christain nations are in poor countries in Latin America and Africa.  The more worldly knowledge they gather, the more they will realize,  they have been Royally screwed.

Hey, castlepaloma, in one of your early posts, you said you are the real God, right? How have you arise? Do you think the United States is not a Christian nation? It is the most prominent Christian nations of the world. Why are you ignorant of this fact as an American citizen? (Correct me if I am wrong). Thank you.

The US is not a Christian nation.  Read our constitution, specifically the 1st amendment that prohibits the government from establishing any national religion, including Christianity.

Yes, no mention of God in the American Constitution. Christianity is currently dying in Europe and the US may gradually follow suit. Still US they has the largest Christians population in the world and congress is 99℅ Judeo/Christians. That has alot of influence on how they think. Look at Brazil the second highest population of Christians. The corruption and lack of trust of each other, is out of control.

The poorest countries of the world reach for religion, because the poor go for God. Religion itself thrives in places, individualism fails. That’s the real clash of civilisations.

I don't know exactly why but especially Catholicism and corruption are good friends.
                    If you look at European countries like Italy, Spain and Greece. They are far more corrupt (openly) then the Calvinistic/Reformed countries like Germany,Holland, Norway and the UK.

3. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 5 years ago

Certainly. To the tiny civilizations living on the odd electron spinning around somewhere inside our body they ponder our existence.

4. Erudite Scholar profile image60

Remember in the Bible(if you believe it) Jesus said 'You are gods'

If everyone is a God, then what's the point of calling anything God?

If everyone is equal, best way to empower all that, is make everyone God.

If the big bully doesn't get jealous

Yes but some think that they are more equal then others....

2. Erudite Scholar profile image60

If you believe you are a god, you are.

I don't.

Lovetherain, you are1 Ah ah ah! Eh eh eh!

3. Miebakagh57 profile image70

@Jeff & @lovetherain, the specific word "god" means a judge. Jesus will not in any wise say that human beings are a god, for that could contradict the word of God or the Bible narratives. Blessings.

the specific word "god" means a judge

that makes sense to me

5. Erudite Scholar profile image60

Interesting, you are what you believe.

6. Jessie L Watson profile image65
    Jessie L Watsonposted 5 years ago

I think it depends on how you prefer to identify yourself - either as isolated consciousness... or the self as the entire web of the cosmos.  And our current artistic dilemma is to wake up to the truth that we are the one-god-self.

I like the latter smile  It's essentially what the Gnostics believed: that we can only find God in the pursuit of finding ourselves. 

Good topic! There's a helluva lot more to be said on it but this is my restrained contribution, haha.

Thanks, Erudite

@Jessie, thanks for the contribution.I really like your line of thought.I have even gained a new idea for another thread.

I believe am an isolated consciousness.

God is just a word.
        Why not, speak directly to the Universe.

I do ask the most difficult questions to the Universe and get the best answers back too. It's like everything is connected. It could be just my more powerful subconscious that is answering me back.

Don't know,  I say whatever works.

I believe that each person is a god, only that many do not realize it.

Says alot, for individualism.

Hi, Castlepaloma,  you're right, but why do you doubt yourself? God is the word speaking to the universe and connecting. Thanks.

7. PhoenixV profile image63
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

We could be gods. We could create a smile or happiness in a child. Itsa small thing. An hour later we are put out to spring for a happy meal. If we could be counted on to do the small things, then yea lets go unlimited unchecked full throttle. But I suspect some would start considering all the other gods to be big bullies. Then there goes the neighborhood...

@Phoenix If you have the power of a god,would help people or would elevate yourself?

The power of a god. No one in their right mind would want the job.

I definitely would ;-)

Why, what you do? Long hours, lousy pay. Maybe some time off around Ramadan, Christmas or Hanukkah. Couple 3 sick days on Easter?

Hahaha as God I wouldn't need money.

8. Miebakagh57 profile image70
    Miebakagh57posted 5 years ago

Hi, castlepaloma, which authorities diffusion these into your head? In that case, I agreed with your that is not perfect or more accurately not a good work.

But have you considered a human creating something like a woody chair or a clay pot? He or she may make a mistake. What is the next step? To leave the work as it is? I think not. He may make an adjustment to refined or fine-tune the work, right? Could not a god or God have the mind to do likewise?

Is God a man that he should make a mistake? Nope. He made everything "very good." He excels in all His creative works. He is the master artist and creator. We human beings as fray as we are taking too much brings trouble upon ourselves, and blame God for all the woes.

That is why it is "not so perfect" in our eyes! I hope this helps, and have a nice time. Thank you.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, this is a pleasant discussion about God. I am quit sure he is happy to be reading along!

There is God and there is god.
      We humans are the latter. The former is Mighty Triple O:
      omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent!

Someday, one by one, when we are 100 percent willing, we will melt into God's consciousness without loosing our own consciousness. In fact, we will be given His Consciousness ... As Jesus had and has.

The Way I See It

Hello, Kathryn, if you take it that there is a powerful God now 3 O's, you already melt into His consciousness! not hereafter because Jesus had it when he was down here. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
          Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years agoin reply to this

only by your own will, self guidance, and God's grace.

You are welcomed. And thanks.

@Kathyryn,
        You have cleared up the confusion between God and god.Many people jumping on the thread did not catch this.

There is no such thing as god. There is only God.

lovetherain, you got it.  Thanks.

Of course there is.

god refers to any god that others believe in.  God refers to the god that the speaker believes in.  Personally I use God to refer to the Christian god as a courtesy to the large number of Christians in the US, where I reside, and god to any other.

Hi, wilderness, well said. But whether a Christian or not (I am a Christian), there is only ONE God. All others are no gods. In one of my posts here specific in response to castle paloma, I wonder how I can eat your gods in the form of animals! if these are indeed gods!

Thanks for weighing in and commenting. Happy Sunday!

I base my life on good sense, plus work makes love visual. Worship the Sun and woman.

Christians is based on Creatiism and a monotheism God. Their earth began 6000, years ago. Where the immortal jellyfish has live 600 million years ago and the planet 4 billion years old.

My Godlike Universe, number one rule is no killing unless you must eat an animal to survive. When US is the largest Christians nation in the world  and their war history is 93℅ of the time. My god has 0 wars of killing as it solves nothing. Their God is jealous of millions of other Gods with most members being most of the world's population.
                My God,  the world is my family.

Their God compare the beauty of the Dolphin to the ugliest jellyfish. My God everything is beautiful in its own way, all having a purpose for balance. My God would never destory  all 10s of million of species of animals on earth except two of each kind. Because of one wicked species called human beings. They never learn their lessons, especially being tortured in hell.

My God have no one above him or no one below him. I once got hit wail surfing a wave in Hawaii , thought I might be reincarnated into a sand crab. I'm Ok with that, to be transforms into another God thats all connected to the whole Universe.

Having Sunday off for rest is a great idea, good for all Gods.

Hey, castlepaloma, this sounds like a science fiction. If you are a  re-incarnation anything, good for you. Thank you.

That's what I said. God is the one you believe in (and generally the only one you think exists), making all the other only make believe.  Your belief triumphs over all others and thus gets the capital "G".

Of course the others, with the small "g", make the same claim; their god is God and yours is only god because it is make believe.

Seems to me the best way to end the controversy, and a lot more, is simply to produce your god.  End it all in one fell swoop and ask your god, where all can hear, if any of the others are God as well.

Africans have a tradition like this. Produced your God and I produced mine. We should be at war. The winner is actually god.

In the Bible, there is a similar thing as well when the prophet Elijah challenged the pagans to a deal with Yahweh. It was Yahwehwhowonby consuming the sacrifice with fire from heaven. The Lord is God. The Lord is God rend the earth as a result.

Then Africans have the right idea.  Produce your god and all controversy will end. 

Why don't you do that?  What is the reasoning behind refusing to produce your god and stop the madness?  Why are you limiting yourself to simply making the same claim everyone else does, too, instead of ending the conflict quickly and painlessly, with the whole world the winner?

Will the real God, stand up.
          Must be me, I'm standing.

How about this Yahweh, who says no other God or gods
          before me. In fact as a priority in the 10 commandment, it's worst than murder.

castlpaloma, back down. Do not assume again that you are God. It is much nicer to say that you are a god the God. Many thanks.

The Pope says animals go to heaven. Why can't millions of others specie's be gods too? Like in the very first Religion Hindus. 

Is that messing with the rules?
              Dog is goD spell backwards.

@Castle hahaha

Hello, castlepaloma, I do not know when the Pope says that animals go to heave. But I do know for such that animals are in heaven. Lions, horse, and...

In fact, horses came down from heaven and took the prophet Elijah away to his God, my God, and your God! Be this as it is, these horses were not real earthly animals, but spirit beings. Birds were even in heaven. There is a big river in heaven. What I, you, and others are seeing here on earth is just a replicate of what is already created in heaven. Trees of all sorts grow in heaven. With the exception of ants, mosquitoes, centipedes, and other related harmful pests to mankind, all are replications. The first church building on earth was designed in heaven. The first ship likewise.

castlepaloma, are you Hindu? The faith says cows are gods! There is a community in my hometown, Okrika, which says crabs are a god!  In a neighboring Cross Rivers State, a community believes snails are gods.

Are you being a reasonable or debasing reason? While I and others were eating these animals for food, others are worshipping and venerating them. Can a man eat a god? Many thanks, and have a wonderful Sunday with the God you worship!

9. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago

If your BiG G God convince me he was real. That would turn my whole world of good sense backwards. I couldn't imagine only One God, a One world order ever to work out plausible.

If Catholic Hilter with all his heart begged for God"s forgiveness and won a trip to the funny farm heaven of extreme happiness. Then I would stand a chance of survival begging Big G for forgiveness. Either that, or being tortured in hell for eternity. I"m not that stupid, even for Yahweh bully fearing and dictator kind of love.

I perfer my kind of fantasy God, it's far more realistic to me. I'll wait til the red dragons attack the earth as Gods second coming. Or maybe hell freezes over because most people stop believing in such extremes because it is a hazard to your health.

10. PhoenixV profile image63
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

Religion brought philosophy and metaphysics since man questioned his own existence around the first campfire.

Since then for thousands of years it brought schools, hospitals, charity , laws and much more. It brought hope and a sort of community conscience. It's not perfect.

Atheism never brought anything to the table.

Watching atheists irrationally shake their tiny fists at God, daily, publicly is cute, even entertaining.

Adam and Eve and Noah's Ark are fictional entertaining too. In ancient times , Religion did help out at first. Then they got greedy merging with politics and military heirachary.

It was men of great individualism whom are most of the  great men and inventors of modern times history. Since Darwin origin of the species in 1800s and evolution, man has doubled life expectancy.

castlepaloma, "...Religion did help out at first." What are these ways that you can improve on and help your self out of the mess of religious fantasy? How can you help yourself with your creator? Or are you just an evolution?

Did you know that Hitler gets off tangent with God when in Catholicism, and assume a world leadership? Apparently like all leaders small and great, he starts off on a good footing but side-tracked. These have happened to many others like Stalin, Moe Se Tung. But why did it not happen to Gandhi? He stays on track with God. Good leaders put God first before anything else.

Here you are a few days ago saying you are the real god. And while you proclaimed yourself to arise, you are still sitting down! Enjoy thedayGod has created. It is very good. And, do not forget to give Him all the glory! Blessings!

Both Yahweh and I are not Omnipotence" We both can't make a rock larger than we can lift or stop the chariots of fire.

I am what I am and what I think.
          Have no real idea who Yahweh is, as he has 72 names, not counting swear words .

1. Satan is often blamed for the bad things in Christianity. I take full responsibility, accept for the greedy. I can cherry pick from the bible a few beautiful bits. It's all the horror stories from broken parrots that makes me throw up.

2. Is Yahweh is tyrannical and more evil? Satan has knowledge like this internet. He Can't torture good Christians. Hes killed far less people than Yahweh; in fact the only time he killed was Yahweh's command. I can't Imagine running out of ideas to kill anyone.

3.Yahweh always talking sh*t about Satan. I suppose I do the same about the greedy, yet have good reasons. Save us all the suffering, Save Satan. Only wrong, Satan has done, is  rebel against Yahweh. I'm not against anything, just not for some things. look at what he did to Job. Look at what he did to Eve. Look at what he attempted to do to Jesus. Look at Noah's Ark story. His jealousy of millions of God. Am I bad for being disobedience of bullies?

God is about unconditional love. I know dogs have it, hell is not unconditional love it make no sense. Getting old is not for sissies, yet hell is no place to retire, just endless threat's.

Religion brought the understanding the earth is round, right? And that the stars and sun do not go around the earth, right?  It was the priesthood that discovered germs and why we get sick, right?  The church built the first steam engine, didn't it?

Or has religion only provide answers it made up out of imagination and never bothered to actually check if those answers were true?

22 It is He that sitteth above the CIRCLE of the earth...

The Book of Numbers, specifically 19 is very detailed about how to protect oneself against germs and getting sick.  Just sample:

And every open vessel, which hath no covering bound upon it, is unclean...

If only the Bible had some verses on how to protect 100 million people from State Sponsored atheism in the last 100 years.

Perhaps you need to leave your religious education - circles are flat.  Spheres are round.  Like a ball, not like a stop sign.

Yep.  "Open vessels" (like, say, a well) are unclean.  So is pork, goats and shellfish.  Because all 4 have germs, unlike cows, wildebeests and horses.

The barbarians of thousands of years ago knew some things - even some things we've forgotten today.  But to pretend they were a fountain of knowledge about how and why nature works the way it does is foolish in the extreme. As little and pathetic as our knowledge base is, it towers miles above that available 2,000 years ago, let alone that of five thousand years past.

Contextually, you cannot sit on a one dimensional figure. It's round, thats close enough for a language that contains no vowels. More hieroglyphic than any language you can utter. Thankfully it didnt get translated as egg or atheists would be swearing God was trying to lay it or hatch it. If you disagree, I suggest you sit on a triangle.

If you are intellectually honest and read Numbers 19 or 9 w/e, and you dont come away shaking your head at how they seem to be aware of germs, incubation periods etc etc and creating substances that could prevent those germs or diseases, then I suggest just stick to Goofling angry atheist sites and jellyfish.

There is zero doubt that some ancient civilizations understood that using certain herbs or potions would help prevent disease, or help slow/stop one.  The use of plants, minerals and even animal life is known to have been practiced as long as man recorded his knowledge.  Including verbal "recording" through the generations. 

That is NOT an indication that they understood that there are tiny creatures in your body that both maintain your life and take it.  There is zero indication that THAT is true at all - they knew it worked (sometimes) but had no clue WHY it worked.

They did not say; say some prayers, they said; cover the food. They said wait exactly 7 days before you come back and expose everyone else.  1. Safe food handling. 2. Incubation periods 3 Quarantine.  They got lucky.

Lucky?  Maybe, in some cases.  But more likely (IMO) was a long history of careful observation as to what worked.  Which is not same same as looking around inside the body with a high powered microscope.

Our ancestors were not stupid people; they were at least as smart as we are and quite capable of observing nature and doing experiments to discover what worked and what didn't.  They just didn't have nearly the depth of knowledge about the universe, large and small, that we do.  That requires technology in far too many cases.

(my bicycle seat is roughly triangular; most are! big_smile)

I need a bike for exercise. More exercise as I get older maybe Id be less cantankerous. Maybe an indoor bike with a flat screen and cup holder. Anyway, sorry, back to Gods.

Religious facts checking is not their strong suit. LOL

11. Erudite Scholar profile image60

We are digressing here guys, let us stick to the discussion.

Are we gods? It seems to be a common theme, even an m/o, quite frankly a broken record: Whether it is satan, atheists or men in general, they want to be god, while they accuse God.

I agree Phoenix, everyone wants to be a god/God.

Not me.

Me either. You ever have the feeling of deja vu?

Yeah, sometimes I do.

Youre a good OP Mr. Scholar. Thanks for the thread.

Welcome Phoenix.

2. lovetherain profile image80

lol....

A man can never be a God or a god. Human beings can raise a person to the status of a god. That still does not make him/her a god or goddess. We misunderstand and misconstruct Jesus' words that "ye are god" when he means judges.

The very first attempt to be a god besides Yahweh by Lucifer results in complete and total failure. Why? Lucifer wants to checkmate his creator! We ALL read the story and at times feign ignorance, right? My GOOD God had mercy on us.

Ignorance of the law excuses no one. But God overlooked our ignorance and give us a nice chance to reconcile with him.

Erudite Scholar, you are not a god. You are a mere human being. So is castlepaloma. I am not a god and will never be one! PheonixV you are not a god. I salute lovetherain for being proud of not being a god.

I now ask a question: who said Satan killed once? Why then did he not killed Job, that honest and righteous Arabis with God? Though Satan causes the natural phenomenon to destroy his children, why did notSatankilled Job I ask again? castlepaloma, what is your answer? Thank you ALL! Blessings!

12. Erudite Scholar profile image60

The fruit of knowledge made us gods.This is the reason Satan offered Eve the fruit of knowledge.

Hey, Erudite Scholar, you are off tangent! You mis-led yourself completedly! Satan offers Eve "the fruit of knowledge of good and evil." In other words, to learn to say 'no' to God, and 'yes' to Satan! This is what bring confusion into the world in the first place.

So from here we have God is and a god trying to exist but never is. Satan is a creative being, and not a creator. He only immitates or rather perverts the good works of God. Thank you.

13. peterstreep profile image80
    peterstreepposted 5 years ago

Don't confuse myth with reality. Eve never existed. And Satan is just a clever invention to control people.
    Gods only exist when you believe in them. We are no gods, our bodies are not created but evolved over time, with all it's flaws. Anybody with a bit of knowledge about evolution theory understands that god or gods have nothing to do with creation but everything to do with lack of knowledge and superstition.

Do you have proof of what you are alluding?

Hi Erudite Scholar.
        I was talking about science. And if there is one thing science is based on, it is proof.
        The evolution theory has been proven by many scientists and is over a 100 years old. It is tested over and over again.  Thousands of books are written in the field of the evolution theory.
        Some theories come and some theories go in science. If a theory does not work scientist try to find a better theory to explain the world. The evolution theory is one of the best theories out there. (the term theory in this context has a different meaning then in normal speech) and is not only proven correct but it became stronger and stronger over the years.

A interesting book I would recommend is from the scientist Nick Lane it is called "The Vital Question". Here he explains in plain language how life started and evolved in different directions.
        Proof however is something the God-theory lacks. People believe in things like Gods but they do not have any factual proof  regarding the existence of a god.

I have proof I am God. Many women I have had pass romantic relationship with. When we are making love, they scream out my name. OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!!!

Hey, peteretrrp, a god do not exist. A god is the fiction of the human imagination!

Yes,  all we have in strength over all other animals is a brain, diverse eyesight and a thumb. Making human imagination, the closest thing to being God-like.

Hello, castlepaloma, I agreed with you. But that do not make a human being a god. Their may think and act like a god. This concept is understood, and fools are those that will not submit to it. Thank you, and ...

I often hear hard Christians and atheist call each other Delusional. I rather be the passive fence sitter, on the fact that I don't know if there is a God, or not.

Don't want to down my fellow man. Rather give mankind more kindness rather than more Religions. Rather lead my own life rather than follow a unhealthy hierarchy system. That makes me most God-like until something comes along making more good sense.

14. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago

I think there could be some form of intelligence of design out there in the Universe. What I do know monopoly monotheism God is not it. Monotheism leadership of the world is not up to my standard ethics or intelligence, yet are cunning. No other group breaks their own rules more and killed millions of other species.
    I don't care for theirs words if their behaviors don't match. There are good and bad people in every group. Just because I don't subscribe to a monotheism God, dose not mean I am a bad person.

castlepaloma, no one in the forum is saying that you should subscribe to a monotheism God, neither to a polytheism being. On your volition, you are free with your belief. Have I or others in the forum said you are bad? Thank you.

One reason I come online because having a discussion on Religion Gods in real life is a redflag. Christians online are fair enough.

Like my last 3 Christians girlfriends who dumped me because I could not be saved. They thought that just because I was a Christian for a few month, I could be a good person.

My mother is an atheist, we were raised and taught decency. To a Christian an atheist has the lowest morals, lower than than gays, potheads and Agnostics which have a enough trust to get elected for high office, but never an atheist because they are worst than rapist. I'm sure many pass Presidents were atheist, yet lie about it to get elected. Even many Christians don't take the bible literally, so they live out a lie, in order to socialaly get along.

Yet, it appears the religiosity in prison. Overall, almost 1 in every 1,000 prisoners will identify as atheist compared to 1 in every 100
        Americans.
        Protestant    28.7%        44.0%
        Catholic      24.0          25.1℅
        Muslim        8.4             0.6℅
        Jewish        1.7             1.2%
        Buddhist    1.0                0.5℅
        Hindu    0.1                     0.3℅
        Atheist    0.1                   0.7%

Never meet an atheist who raped anyone. In fact their marriage last longer than christains. Being your own God-like person is more honest and harmless.

This is one of the few times I agree with you Castle.No one should impose their religion or beliefs on others.

The is the serious problem when any group that grows into over centralization monopoly. How many are strong enough to stand alone on their own ethics and principles. The strongest man in the world is the one who is able to stand alone on grounds he knows what is wrong.

castlepaloma, then I am one of the srtongest man in the world who dare stand alone. Thank you.

1. Oztinato profile image76
                Oztinatoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Pride cometh before a fall.....Proverbs 16:18

Hello, I agreed that before pride, comes a fall. But are you responding to my comments, that "I am one of the strongest men in the world" in respect to castlepaloma's comment? It seems you read out of context. Thank you, and happy weekend.

There a few times in life I had to stand alone to achieve my ultimate desire. It always pays off, it was not selfish pride, it was self service.

I'm one for over obedience in an over ego world, where most perfer to join the crowds.
                    Perfer unique rather than fighting the competition.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)