Muck Rack postings?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 5 years ago

I did a search looking for an article on a blog I used to write for and came across Muck Rack. The site posted all my articles from my personal blogging site. Have any of you heard of Muck Rack? Is this good, bad, or illegal on their part?  Should I complain?

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Never heard of them. But if they copied your stuff without your written permission, that's a reason to file a DMCA.

Kenna McHughposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Okay. Thanks. It looks like the articles were captured from my Twitter account.

I see. Good luck getting them off the internet.

Thanks. Also, they include the link to my website, so does that change the DMCA?

Nope, it does not as far as I know. Copied without permission is the reason for a DMCA if I'm not wrong.

Okay. I will let you know what happens.

Cool

I emailed them and ask them to remove my articles, and they did. Here is his letter: What do you think?

Hi Kenna,

Thanks so much for reaching out and I’m more than happy to help! Our team has already handled this and you’ll now find that your page no longer exists.

However, I did want to let you know that there are some free benefits to keeping your Muck Rack page, including:

1. An automatically updating portfolio of your work that makes compiling your work in one place simple and fast.
                    2. Increased ability to grow your personal followings on social media platforms via a page that can highlight your coverage, pitching preferences and more.
                    3. Access to the advanced search, email alert and reporting tools to help you find how stories have been covered, monitor news and quantify the impact of your work.

Please let me know if you’d like me to recreate your page to make the most of the platform or if you have any questions for me. Otherwise, have a great week.

Thanks!
                    Michael

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

...unless she removed them from the site before leaving it.  In that case, anybody can take what they like.  However, I do think it would be a good idea to notify the host that someone on their staff is doing this.

I agree. I am taking it for face value and let it go. They took my articles off right away. That says something. It's too bad we have to vigilant, catch this stuff, and get it corrected.

2. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 5 years ago

All in all, thank you for helping with this. It's nice to have someone like you to help with situations like this smile

You're welcome smile

1. Eurofile profile image96
        Eurofileposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We are very fortunate to have Lobobrandon around to help out. Only today I was referring to his SEO guide.

cool

3. Lovelli Fuad profile image94
    Lovelli Fuadposted 5 years ago

I have a Muck Rack account, but nobody has ever contacted me for any work just based on what I post on my portfolio there.

Something similar happened to me, Kenna. I found a list of my articles from 2017 posted on Press Rush, a service I do not use. The website just sort of popped up out of nowhere this November. It's too weird.

Lovelli, Same here, the letter, which I posted here, says by allowing them to post my work, I get work. That isn't how it works. Besides, I have plenty of work. smile You can contact Muck Rack via their website contact field and request them to take down your "website" off their platform. They should take it down because they took mine down.

Interestingly, my website they were capturing articles from was down trending.  Now that they've taken me off their platform, the stats are reverting.

4. Lovelli Fuad profile image94
    Lovelli Fuadposted 5 years ago

I understand the process you went through, Kenna. I'll try contacting Press Rush to see if they'd be willing to take down my content from their site. Good to hear that taking down the stolen content off has improved your stats.

Lovelli, My stats are starting to revert which is nice.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)