Trump's Golf Hypocrisy

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (49 posts)
  1. crankalicious profile image88
    crankaliciousposted 5 years ago

Trump in 2013: "Pres Obama is not busy talking to Congress about Syria..he is playing golf ...go figure."

Trump in 2014: "Obama has admitted that he spends his mornings watching @ESPN. Then he plays golf, fundraises & grants amnesty to illegals."

Trump in 2016: "President Obama should have gone to Louisiana days ago, instead of golfing. Too little, too late."

According to SBNation, President Trump criticized President Obama 27 times between 2011 and 2016 for playing too much golf and not working hard enough.

In 2016, Trump said this about himself: "If I win I may never see my property -- I may never see these places again. But because I'm going to be working for you, I'm not going to have time to go golfing, believe me. Believe me. Believe me, folks."

Yet, during his presidency, Trump has played golf 1 out of every 5 days he has been President, about twice as much as Obama played.

These are facts.

I pass no judgment, but why was Trump so critical of President Obama, yet sees no problem in playing so much golf himself?

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Trump's not going to break his record of lying every chance he gets, Crank. When he says something, you can pretty much believe the opposite is true. Damn, how embarrassing for our country and the world....

2. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Why? Isn't that part and parcel of running for office? Trying to turn a molehill into a mountain of indignation?

Lies and hypocrisy were not introduced to Washington by Donald Trump. Anyone who fell for that is either naive or party blind.

crankaliciousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Of course. Nobody suggested Trump invented lying.

Is it more significant that his political opponents are bothered or that his supporters are oblivious?

And is it a problem he plays so much golf when he said he would be working too hard?

1. Live to Learn profile image60

It appears the guy is doing his job. I don't care if he has down time.

I would hold the Republicans to a higher standard on this. But I usually expect a higher standard from them anyway.

As long as we're applying the same standard.

Given what Trump said about Obama's golfing habit, isn't it fair for Obama supporters to attack him for his?

I haven't noticed they ever worried about fair so what's the point?

You seem to miss a lot....

Seems to me you and Jake are fairly representative of that mindset. So, I believe I've seen enough to make that call.

Make it light on yourself.....    smile

2. profile image0
    Ed Fisherposted 5 years ago

Ever heard of multi-tasking ?

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Apparently, Trump hadn't until he entered office and began multitasking himself.

1. profile image0
        Ed Fisherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Are you making my point for me ?

In a way yes. No one here said Trump isn't working and doing business on the Golf course. It was the fact that Trump complained when Obama did the same thing.

From your point and the discussion, I say that Trump only learned that multitasking was a thing after joining office and essentially owes Obama an apology for his previous statements.

2. Aime F profile image69
          Aime Fposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do you think that Obama was also multitasking when he was golfing or is that selective benefit of the doubt?

Do you also think that perhaps his comments were a bit unfair in hindsight given he’s doing the same thing he was complaining about Obama doing?

Pro-Trumper's care not how much he lies, Aime. In fact, they seem to like it because we on the left do not.

2. crankalicious profile image88

I think the question, Ed, is did you complain about the amount of golf Obama played? And did you agree with Trump when he complained about it?

1. profile image0

I think the answer is , I liked Trump's multi tasking better .

So, in other words, if we like a President's politics, it doesn't really matter to us what he does with his spare time. Trump could be going to strip clubs and it wouldn't really matter as long as he was doing a good job.

Just as an aside, I think if I'm Trump's opponent in 2020, I make this point as big a deal as I can. However, it could also backfire. If I'm Trump, I just brush it off and say something like "look how good I am. I can play golf and be the best President all at the same time. Nobody else ever multi-tasked like I multi-task."

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image68
            JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Most legal experts would be somewhat surprised  if Bozo Trump actually makes it all the way to the 2020 election without getting indicted and or impeached:

Mueller's criminal investigation via their written questions reportedly asked Mr. trump if he knew about the infamous, treasonous "Trump Tower Meeting" prior to it happening which tells me Donald Junior's mousy looking face had better not clash with prison orange and daddy gramps can't be far behind:

3. JAKE Earthshine profile image68
    JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/14305359.jpg

Who ever STILL listens to this fool deserves what they get: UNREAL

4. profile image0

Aime ,Randy , Jake , yes I know Obama was also multi-tasking as he played golf too ?

-Like making a lousy deal with Iran -plane loads of Cash for his Muslim Brothers .
    -Shipping firearms to Mexican Cartels for Fast and Furious
    -Planning a costly Paris Accord for a greener world.
    -Riotsplaining to us while playing 9 with Bill Ayers
    -on and on

I just like Trumps multi-tasking better.

Still going on about how Obama was a Muslim. Really? That's the best you have? That undermines the point you're trying to make.

5. profile image0

Crank , See your first response was the best " ..... Nobody else ever multitasked like I multitasked ......."

I thought you'd wisened there for a moment and then........

"......how Obama was a Muslim ..........."   I don't care if Obama was one of Jupiter's first aliens if he had promoted America as much as the entire rest of the world ,

6. profile image0

Live to learn , WHY do you continue to inject reason into debating .
    It's like this thing with you........;-] ?

7. profile image0

Crankalicious , Yes If Trump  "........attends a strip club...... " I couldn't care less , as long as he's building bridges , making deals for the economy ,  shaking up the establishment in DC [ so far not enough of that } or otherwise diplomatting .............Well,  if he isn't making deals ......as long as he's at least pi$$ing off someone in the oversensitive news media then we're getting the best bang for our buck that I can imagine.

Presumably that applies to "grabbing pussy" as well. Doesn't really matter as long as he shares your politics? It's true, right?

And your response should be both predictable and true: "Right! Same for you liberals with President Clinton."

8. profile image0

Hey , as long as liberals are commiserating about Trump playing golf once in awhile , at least they're not focusing on the trauma of losing the seats in Florida , Georgia , Tenn. too much ..........

Like what ? The least amount of house seat wins by an opposing party of the president since when ,  record spending by democrats should have produced WAAAAY better results ................?

1. GA Anderson profile image89
      GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"The least amount of house seat wins by an opposing party of the president since when?"

Not sure how you are interpreting those numbers Ed. But you could say as recently as the 2016 midterm? Or maybe 2014 if you insist the opposing party win be a + number.

GA

Wow GA, that could be as much as 4 years ago! hmm

Though I suppose it would seem like a long time to a child.....

Now now... Don't insult children.

Why not, Brandon? We can't spank their butts anymore when they don't learn their lessons properly!  tongue

lol I was more on the lines of kids and how they love to learn new stuff. But you got me.

9. profile image0

Point is kiddies , The mid - term wins should reflect the millions and media buying power spent to buy those seats , No ?
    Especially with all the projected Trump hate .

Your party should have steamrolled the republicans and didn't , bottom line .

10. profile image0

But Ohhh how they get angry , maybe we can promote forum sympathy hugs for how much "outrage" they've suffered ?

Who's angry, ED? I love that Trump is going down through his criminal cronies actions and his own.  Are you angry he's doomed?

11. profile image0

Except the only place Trump is doomed is in the minds of the deranged , outraged and politically delusional .

Put your money where your mouth is, ED. Care to bet a grand on it?  smile

Money talks and bullshit walks!  cool

12. profile image0

Sure Randy , Crank............ tell you what ;
    Wake me up when the US Marshals  knock on the White House door ..................Ho hummmm!

I didn't think you'd back up your claims, you never have before...

As I said, money talks and bullshit walks. Have a nice stroll!  tongue

2. crankalicious profile image88

Have I ever said one word about impeachment?

1. profile image0

Your entire party has painted it's political face impeachment for two years , it's just that Pelosi has just now declared that a secret .

And so , you all make it secret .

13. profile image0

https://hubstatic.com/14307041_f1024.jpg

Randy ,  Don and a Pardon Pen ,  are you justifiably outraged yet , you seem to be with all the posts above..................?

No ED, I'm very pleased the cretin is considering cutting his own throat. smile

Keep on walkin'....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)