Maven Is Screwing Us Up!

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (31 posts)
  1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

Ever since the Maven takeover, there has been an ongoing and increasing delay in earnings reports.  Up to a week before we can see the most recent earnings.

Under HP, barring any outside glitches, we always had our reports up-to-date within a day or two.

This new trend is unsettling.

1. jackclee lm profile image80
      jackclee lmposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The MVEN stock has taken a huge beating lately.
      It is now below .30 per share..bordering on penny stock.
      This company has not done well to position itself as a leader and shaker.
      Hope things will turn around or else...

2. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 5 years ago

Yes, but the money is more and worth waiting for! big_smile

DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not mine; I'm actually down a few bucks a month from where I've been for the entire year since Dec. 2017!

2. Titia profile image91
      Titiaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Mine neither

3. Natalie Frank profile image92
    Natalie Frankposted 5 years ago

Not for all of us.

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Our lives have ended as we know it. big_smile

Meanwhile, keep them earnings rollin.  Rollin rollin rollin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCRae5mRoRE

5. Kenna McHugh profile image91
    Kenna McHughposted 5 years ago

On my end, it's up and it's down. Overall, it is better. But, I want to see concrete evidence of the impact of Maven take over.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

This has been my best earnings year I've ever had here, so whatever voodoo Maven be doin', they can keep on doin' it as far as I'm concerned.

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

I got paid more this November than ever before. This December's payout is looking like it will be in my top 3 payouts. I couldn't possibly be any happier with the Hubpages network than I am now.

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Novembers payment, from Sept. and Oct., was good but not great.  But Novembers earnings was the highest I've ever seen for a single month, and about 6 months worth just a couple of years ago.

8. ziyena profile image91
    ziyenaposted 5 years ago

Double, double toil and trouble
    Fire burn, and cauldron bubble ...

Woe is me and the other peasants of HP
    She lifts her chin and rolls her eyes ...
    Exit Stage Left

9. CYong74 profile image95
    CYong74posted 5 years ago

I agree the updates are taking longer. But, they always get done and we always get paid. So I've stopped worrying.

10. DrMark1961 profile image96
    DrMark1961posted 5 years ago

War, kids killed in schools, fire, hurricanes, illegal immigration...
    There are a lot of things to be concerned about in this life.
    Stats being a few days late is definitely not one of them.

1. ziyena profile image91
      ziyenaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

+++++++1

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

All well and good, but I am still struggling with the recent death of my husband and soulmate, so it is difficult to get by day by day; I'm not even watching the news at the moment.  It's too depressing.
      And dealing with additional petty annoyances, such as my post here, are not helping.
      Before you judge, please realize you don't know the other person's entire story; in other words, don't judge a person by the chapter in their life you happened upon.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
        DrMark1961posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I know that these words do not help, but I am sorry for your loss.

Thank you.

2. Natalie Frank profile image92
        Natalie Frankposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am so sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine the pain you must be going through.

11. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Late? So what, we still get paid on time right.

Compare CPMs this year vs last year. Higher CPMs is what Maven is supposed to bring to the table. I know my CPMs are through the roof and are the highest they've ever been. It doesn't make sense to compare the earnings because there are too many factors at play there - Google and their new updates for instance.

12. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I think the week long delays are new and quite possibly indicative of the system not working so well and valid to comment on by anyone and especially a long time participant.  I don't think we need to be *quite* so judgmental about that.  It's not like every other thread on this forum is trying to cure cancer.

1. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My thoughts exactly.

2. lobobrandon profile image89
      lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It has been said a few times by the employees at HP that with the increase in the number of ad partners that they bring into the fold (for the higher competition and hence higher CPM), it is necessary that they wait until they get reports from every of the new partners before they can show us our tentative income.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Where has this thing about ad partners been said?  I haven't seen it and it seems like relevant information to have.

1. lobobrandon profile image89
          lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't have it bookmarked sorry.

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

+++++++++++++++++++++ 11111
      Thank you!

13. Kenna McHugh profile image91

This is not good news.

14. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Hark! Dec 1 and 2 earnings are now reported.

15. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

I saw an update to my stats today, hope yours is similar, and that this chapter of your life comes to a more comforting conclusion. Sending best wishes for an encouraging upturn.

16. Kenna McHugh profile image91

I am sorry for your loss as well.  Please feel free to communicate. You have a right to be concern about the HP's changes and inconsistencies. I have never seen a post of yours that wasn't valid. I don't watch the news either : )

17. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 5 years ago

I am sorry for your loss too. It must be tough. My mother just lost her husband and all she's trying to do is get through the days right now. It can be a struggle.

In the overall scheme of things, late stats are nothing to be concerned about. I would say that people are trying to reassure, not judge you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)