A Trump Hater Niche?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Don Bobbitt profile image84
    Don Bobbittposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/14771881.jpg
    Should the many Trump Haters on HP have their own Niche site? Being a ten-year HPer, I once enjoyed a cup of coffee and reading great creative works written by my fellow Hubbers.
    Honestly, I wonder, what if HP slipped these Trump Haters over to their own niche, could I then start to see more examples of good writing once again?
    You see,a person can only be exposed to so much Hate before it turns into "just another radical rant".
    Let's get back to writers writing interesting articles so that other writers can read, enjoy, and who knows, maybe even learn?
    DON

1. GA Anderson profile image88
      GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This is that niche Don, the topical Politics and Social issues forum.

GA

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Why not simply avoid the forums.

Don Bobbittposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Having a Bad day, Randy? Or did you not read my Post completely? I enjoy my fellow writer's works, just not the persistent loading of HP with the same Tripe!
        Have a Nice Day,
        DON

1. Randy Godwin profile image60

Having a great day, Don. I simply don't understand why you even visit the political forums if you don't like politics.  I take it you're a Trump supporter?  tongue

Let me try to explain this way; A man stands up and says; Impeach, Impeach, Impeach, Impeach, Impeach, Impeach, Impeach, but suddenly he changed over to Eat a Peach, Eat a Peach, eat a Peach,,,,,, The audience? Most of them don't even care what he is saying anymore, just that he is rhyming his words.
            Too much of anything is BORING! Be a Writer, a creative one, and I'll be impressed.
            DON

I have both creative and instructional writing here Don. Both keep me busy. Impressing you isn't my chief goal her anyway. Sorry. sad

2. Don Bobbitt profile image84

Randy! Simplistic responses? Really? If you're going to press the reply button make it a real educated and interesting reply, not a canned "Shut Down" line.
        You're better than that! Aren't you?

I don't know how to say "don't read the political forums" in an interesting and educated manner, Don. I'm not that good of a writer. tongue

2. tsadjatko profile image64
          tsadjatkoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Better than that? No, he’s not and you can tell by every comment he ever makes. His claim to fame that he once bragged about was writing about his participation in a pot smuggling ring years ago for two MIT professors if you can believe that! Actually I do.

I do too! tongue What's the wildest thing you've ever done, T? Falling out of a playground swing probably tops your list. lol

3. Jacqueline4390 profile image83
      Jacqueline4390posted 4 years agoin reply to this

No Hater of anyone here … this is why I am a fiction writer. Create a despicable character, bump him/her off, keep on trucking. Don't have time for real-life drama! However, I can see your point! Have a good day!

4. James A Watkins profile image84
      James A Watkinsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I hear you Don. In real life, I had several leftist friends who enjoyed my company, having a beer or lunch here and there, as long as Obama was in power. As soon as President Trump was elected, their whole attitude changed to one of hatefulness and shunning. I was the loyal opposition for eight years. They are the Resistance. Big diff there.

1. Credence2 profile image78
        Credence2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

If we can get Warren or Sanders elected, maybe your friends will come back?

lol lol

GA - Thanks for the response. And I understand! But it's a very broad category isn't it. It seems to be especially so when easily half of my morning listings are the same thing, mostly from  the same people, and consistently the same commentary.
    At times, it just seems to me that a small number of people are trying to flood this HP niche (Politics and Social), and thus get their words in front of as many of us as possible.
    I say, OK! Preach, Rant, or just write, but at least make an effort to be interesting and maybe occasionally interesting?
    These constant Trump Thumping with the same things, over and over have fallen to the level of "I Need Help With My ....." for me at least.
    OK, I'm Done!
    Bring the bashing on!
    DON

Don, don't you think that the Trump supporters are endlessly boorish in their own way as well?

So, you have taken a side, welcome to the forum.....

I don't know! You see, I always vote and my selection process, once I am in that voters booth, is to vote against one of the candidates. I don't support any political party, nor an I consistently a D or R!
        My point again is that as I read these Hubs, there's nothing new for me to chew on, just the SOS!
        So, as I said, I honestly don't know were my comment is coming from other than boredom with repetitive drivel
        So, bash Trump, or bash Biden, I don't care which choice you make, but Jeez! be original and creative, PLEASE!

3. Don Bobbitt profile image84

Jacqueline - I am now a follower of your works. Why? I detect an open mind! LOL! Have a Great Day! DON

4. Don Bobbitt profile image84

James Watkins - You don't have to explain to me. I am a Vietnam Era Vet who was repeatedly spit upon. Guess what kind of people they were? They really don't change as they age! Haters are Haters! A Simple fact!
    DON

5. Don Bobbitt profile image84

Credence2 - I don't have any friends on HP. I have fellow writers with opinions and thoughts and a certain level of writing skills.
    Again I wasn't taking a political stand here, I was stating just how boring these repetitive postings of the same thing.
    As Paul Simon said in his song 'There must be fifty ways to leave your Lover" I am saying that there are maybe barely this many ways to bash someone before you run out of anything interesting to say, only repeat, ad nauseum!
    DON

Don't you just love a good debate, Don?

You will find accomplished writers on both sides of the political divide, articles are on display for your perusal.

I like to think that my relationship with hubbers are cordial. And while we may disagree, it is much like the old looney tunes cartoon involving Wile E versus the Sheepdog.

As i now hear so often;
        TRUE DAT!
        I just wanted to get a point across, not a big point, nor a sharp one it seems, but a point none the less.
        Funny Though! What I got was several demands that I get off of my fence and take a political side! And I honestly don't have a side, just an opinion on how segregated the public is becoming.
        There is an old saying; Never get into an argument with anyone over, Politics, Religion and your friends girlfriend.
        I have to say, this still seems to be true.
        Anyway all! Have a great day, i have to go run an errand and will be away from my keyboard for a couple of hours.
        DON

Surely you didn't expect anything good to happen with "Trump haters" being in the title of the OP, did you? I do believe you're brighter than that, Don.

Yes, I do Love a Good Debate, and that's why I decided to stir up anything I could with this subject and title.
        Getting someone else to go on the attack is invigorating, to me anyway.
        But I have stayed away from the forums for over half a year now, and I was hoping for a varied and more interesting group of responders, that actually had opinions and voiced them,
        Maybe it wasn't my night, I guess. Too much Pablum and not enough people who had something to say other than try to tell me how wrong I was, without making a real supportable argument.
        Oh Well, Enough fun for tonight, I'll try this again in a few days.
        Such Fun!
        DON

Simple pleasures for....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)