Amazon and Adsense

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (35 posts)
  1. RealityHits profile image60
    RealityHitsposted 4 years ago

I do not have the option to add my amazon or adsense ID's on my account. All I have is two options that have both been activated, yet I have not inserted any affiliate ID.

Have I done it wrong or am I missing something?

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi there,

You can't add affiliate IDs anymore. HubPages is taking care of it.

I noticed that you joined two hours ago and have already published an article. Tip: check out the Learning Center and research what the platform requires. Click Help, top right to navigate there.

With reference to your bio: you don't have a 'hub' and you are not writing posts. You are required to write articles of around 1,000 words (except for poetry). They should be well-researched and formatted properly.

Your article on flood defence systems mentions 'the country' but we have no idea which country you mean. Your spelling suggests the UK. The article is way too short and you aren't specific about flood defence - hence the need for proper research. You mention that every area has high and low tides - that is patently not true, inland areas do not suffer from tidal surge. If you want to be successful here, you have to write factually correct articles.

If you are unsure of anything, feel free to ask here - we're actually quite friendly smile

Welcome to HubPages smile

RealityHitsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your advise. Yes England is my destination.

The search bar does not appear when I click on the search icon, there does not seem to be many posts on the home page either, is hubpages still worth trying?

What are you looking for?

It depends if you want to write here and are able to write articles that satisfy the criteria. To earn a decent income, you have to work hard.

I am looking to make an income of some kind.

I understand it will be hard work and congratulations you have some great posts. Do you get a residual income from using Hubpages?

You said you were searching for something and the search function isn't working. It's pretty rubbish to be honest.

The aim is to write articles of such good quality that they are moved by the editors to one of the network sites. You need to attract a large amount of search engine traffic. You can't write promotional articles.

Do you mean do I get paid whether I write or not. Yes, is the answer smile

I wasn't looking for anything in particular, I was just trying to browse this site.

What are the network sites? Can posts be written directly to them?

That's good then hope your being rewarded well.

No, articles are published on HubPages then they pass through Quality Assessment in ordered to be 'featured' (viewable by search engines). Then they are looked at by an editor to see if they are good enough for one of the other sites.

You can see them by clicking on the Hubpages title above. The sites are listed down the right-hand side. Go take a look - they are considered to be the best in their topics.

Thanks for letting me know. The article I have wrote has now been featured /gone through the assessment criteria, what happens now? .

2. RealityHits profile image60

I have updated my post and added a video and more text. It says between 700 and 1250 characters for the post length, I am now within that scale.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
              PaulGoodman67posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Read guidelines carefully. 700 and 1250 *words* not characters.

2. RealityHits profile image60

Hi

I have two featured so far, how long does it take to get approved on a niche site?

It says that one of my articles is being considered for owlcation.

I will wait to see if it gets approved before writing more content.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
      DrMark1961posted 4 years agoin reply to this

That is good news. Owlcation is one of the sites with the most pageviews. It takes anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to have an article moved, depending on the editor´s work load.

3. RealityHits profile image60

My article didn't make it on Owlcation, how can I get it to qualify?

Thank you that was very helpful!!

With that said I see on LetterPile one of hubpages partner sites that someone had song lyrics in an article which a) was not unique content it was copy and pasted from elsewhere b) it was 200 words at most

Just found it odd that a post like that passes the HP partner sites regulations.

You are not the only one who finds it odd hmm

2. DrMark1961 profile image96

Do you remember my comment when you said the article was being considered for Owlcation? If you had told me Letterpile I would have said "Oh, I am sorry for your loss."

Yes, mine was being considered for Owlcation, but it got declined, so I browsed HP partner sites. What confused me is I see someone else has an article on Letterpile which is just a few words of a song lyric and it got approved for a partner site, does each partner site have a different regulation?

I have wrote two articles now "Crime Must Go On" and one about floods, the flood one got rejected and now I can't submit another article to be placed on a partner site until half way through march.

You don't need to manually submit new articles. They are assessed automatically. If they are being moved, you'll get an email.

2. theraggededge profile image95

Don't copy and paste Knock Knock jokes from other sites - they have been published many times elsewhere. Duplicate content.

4. RealityHits profile image60

Hi

I have deleted it, I just thought if song lyrics can be copy and pasted and qualify for the partner site, maybe short jokes could.

I will write more articles once I have worked the two already published well enough to qualify for a partner site. I have followed the guide in the link you posted, What should I change on them articles?

5. RealityHits profile image60

On Bing and Yahoo search engines if you type in "do flood defence schemes work" my article "are flood defence schemes any good" ranks at the top of the search results, along with some other keywords.

How can it rank top for certain search keywords on search engine sites, yet not be good enough to appear on a HP partner site?

6. RealityHits profile image60

Continued from above...

If you search "How do flood defence schemes work" on bing my article comes up 3rd at the moment. Doesn't make sense that it don't qualify for a partner site.

1. AliciaC profile image92
      AliciaCposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi. If you make some improvements, the article would stand a better chance of being switched to a network site next time you submit it.

Including authoritative references to support facts that are not widely known by the public is good. You are linking to Wikipedia to define basic terms, however. People know what an ocean, lake, and river are (for example). You don’t need references for these terms. In addition, the section that gives facts about floods is copied from Wikipedia. We need to write our articles in our own words.

If you edit and proofread the article carefully, it may eventually be switched to a network site. Good luck.

2. theraggededge profile image95

You've made a lot of improvements but still work to do. You need to get rid of those Wikipedia links you've scattered throughout. The last thing HubPages wants is you sending people off the page never to return. Wikipedia isn't considered to be a good reference/source in any case. And we all know what is meant by towns and villages - no one needs an explanation of what rivers, oceans, lakes, and human settlements are smile And 'Towns' does not require an apostrophe.

You need to include proper references for your claim that flood defences in one place cause more problems downstream. Include references at the end of the article - it must be a reliable and credible source, such as the National Rivers Authority or the Environment Agency. And if you have legal photos of such events, then include them.

You have to make sure that your article is completely factual and is not just your opinion and conjecture. You must back up with proper references. Right now, it reads as though you have simply expressed what has occurred to you, rather than what is fact.

Remove the link to the crime article. It's not relevant and will be considered as promotional.

3. DrMark1961 profile image96

You should look into how to do a search anonymously on bing. I just checked, and your article is not even in the first 5 pages. I gave up after that.

Thanks for checking. For the mentioned search terms they are top or on the first page of bing and yahoo.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96

When I checked it only came out when the exact title was typed in. If "how do flood defense schemes work" it was not even on the first 5.
          It might be ranking so high because you have looked for the article already. I am not sure about Bing or Yahoo, but Google tracks your personal searches so that people that often choose to look at Hubpages will see Hubpages higher up in the rankings. Other search engines like Duckduckgo and Startpage do not do this.

7. RealityHits profile image60

Thank you!!

That's the problem I am having, finding something "referenced" to back my claims up is not possible as the authorities you mentioned do not want people to know that the work they do doesn't work, it is fact because floods still happen, surely that should be factual enough without referencing a third party.

HP Also say in them helpful links, that you should put your own "twist" on articles, so it is unique, that is what I have done, put my own twist on my articles. I don't know I will just keep changing them until they find it fit to go on a partner site.

8. RealityHits profile image60

on bing for that search it is coming up in 4th place. Thanks for your help, I have changed my article now by adding some facts along with leaving my own twist to it. Just need to order the content correctly now.

9. RealityHits profile image60

So my copy and pasted (test article) knock knock jokes has made it onto a partner site. Yet my other two articles haven't, are there standards for each partner site or are the standards the same for all partner site?

Your joke article has been moved to Letterpile, which is a sort of graveyard for creative writing.

The other one would be destined for Owlcation, the educational site. Standards are generally much higher. So you need to follow the advice I've already given. Stop fretting, and get it improved. It's irrelevant to HubPages whether it is top of the search engine results or not.

The most important thing is that you think about who you are writing for. Who is looking for this information and are they going to finish reading your article feeling satisfied that they know more than they did before?

For example, are you aiming at students? Householders affected by floods? You have to know your reader.

Edit: the fact that you have admitted that the joke article is copy and pasted is reason to delete it.

I have had an email saying that my Army Reserves article has been snipped they changed one word from A to An. I clicked the link in the email do I have to click something to confirm the change/accept the change?

As I can't see anywhere to click that is all. Does it now go to quality assessment to be featured?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)