Hubpro edit time frame?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (21 posts)
  1. wonderlynd profile image82
    wonderlyndposted 2 years ago

How long does it usually take when your article is chosen to be edited by Hubpro? I have an article which was edited before but only took 48 hours while this new one is taking so long. Its been more than a week since I received an email about it and I am still seeing my notification that they are planning on editing my article. Do you know what affects the timeframe of their edit?

1. Kyler J Falk profile image90
      Kyler J Falkposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Usually takes mine 2-4 weeks, and in some cases multiple months.

It must be said, however, that I used to get "pending transfer" emails which told me to edit them myself that I no longer receive, and most of my articles take about 2 weeks to be edited for grammar.

2. Kenna McHugh profile image92
      Kenna McHughposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It can take some time. But, you can reach out to the editors and ask the status.

wonderlyndposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Kenna

3. HubPages profile imageSTAFF
      HubPagesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi there. Depending on the type of edit that your article was sent for, it can take anywhere from a few days or weeks to many months for it to be edited. Please revisit the email that you received from us about the edit in question for more information; while it won't include an exact date, it should indicate whether it will be edited soon or is in a queue that may take us longer to get to.

In any case, congratulations on having an article selected for HubPro editing. That's a big accomplishment!

Best,
      Haley

2. wonderlynd profile image82
    wonderlyndposted 2 years ago

I see, thanks Kyler. I was just curious why it is taking so long when the first article only took 2 days. So usually its a lot longer.

1. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I've never received an email stating HP is going to edit an article. I only receive them after the fact!

1. Kyler J Falk profile image90
        Kyler J Falkposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I believe they are confusing the, "pending transfer," emails with something that says they're going to be edited. If you let those emails go by, or don't receive them, they'll automatically edit your articles for you after a set amount of time.

3. Misbah786 profile image85
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

In the last two months, I've submitted four of my articles to network sites. Editors did not reject any of them, but they did place them all in an editorial queue. I've emailed the editors twice to know the status but haven't heard anything back from them.

1. HubPages profile imageSTAFF

Congratulations on having four articles placed in our editing queue! As Paul mentioned, that means our editorial team believes in the potential of that content. He is also right, however, that depending on how many other articles are in the queue, it can take a very long time for that content to be edited.

You are always welcome to revisit that content and perform edits yourself; looking at our HubPages Writing Style Guide (https://hubpageshelp.com/standards/HubP … tyle-Guide) and the editorial policy for the site you submitted your articles to can give you some great ideas about how to improve your content. Performing these kinds of edits may increase the likelihood that it can be accepted to one of our network sites more quickly. The other articles in the HubPages Help center are also worth checking out if you haven't already.

Kindly,
      Haley

1. Misbah786 profile image85
        Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer, Haley.

2. wonderlynd profile image82

Thank you so much. I appreciate your time answering and giving clarity to our questions.

1. HubPages profile imageSTAFF

You're so welcome! Thanks for being a part of the HubPages community!

4. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 2 years ago

It can sit in the queue for a long time (numerous weeks). That's my experience. Just rejoice that they've chosen you. That means they think that the article has a lot of untapped potential.

Thanks, maybe you are right. i will just wait until they are finished editing.

2. Misbah786 profile image85

I see. Thank you, Paul, for sharing your experience smile

Are you guys talking about articles you submit to niche sites or articles that HP moves to niche sites?

I've never gotten a "pending" email nor a "we're editing your article" email. I receive edit notifications to articles that are already on niche sites.

Perhaps I don't post enough to get the emails that are referred to in this thread.

On another note, some of my articles that remain on HP have been moved to Discover (slush of the pond) once two or more additional comments have been made. That opens the article up to the capacity to move beyond Discover and into a niche site. Whether or not HP looks to bump them up the ladder remains to be seen.

If I weren't still working full time I could pay more attention. But I am, so I don't. But y'all have encouraged me to pay more attention to the ranking of my work.

Hi Bravewarrior, I haven't paid much attention to submitting articles to niche sites. I just receive emails whenever HP chose an article to edit. I also received notifications on whichever article they are planning to work on. 

https://hubstatic.com/15628321.png

2. Misbah786 profile image85

Shauna, I was talking about the articles that I have submitted to network sites smile

I get either a yay or nay when I submit to a niche site. I've never received a "pending" email. As I said, my articles only seem to be edited once they're on niche sites, and I'm never forewarned that an edit is in the works.

1. Misbah786 profile image85

Shauna, One of my articles was edited by editors after it was moved to a niche site, while many more were moved without making any edits. In the case of one of my articles that was recently moved to youmemindbody.com, I didn't submit that article to a niche site but I received an email from the editors, and they  requested me to add more information to the article because the article was considered thin. They transferred that article to the network site without making any changes after I added some more information in that article.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)