Where should I comment if I see duplicate forums for the same article?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Hello Beautiful Souls,

As we all know, we share each other's articles on forums in order to receive comments. I believe it is a very good way of keeping the community together and to keep the spirits high until comments are restored satisfactorily. One thing bothers me, and I'd like to bring it to everyone's attention.

Recently, I have noticed that many people are sharing the same articles on forums. It's mostly because forums aren't being created under the appropriate topics, I believe. People, I believe, can start their own forum post for their articles by starting a thread with a thought regarding their new article, and the first person who reads the forum post can share the link to their article on the person's forum

The only issue HP sees is that we can't share links to our own articles, but we can discuss them. This way we can get comments and can easily stay connected with the community as well. Posting forums under wrong topics is not appropriate and it is something that HP does not allow.

I think everyone can start their own forum with a thought related to their fresh article and the first person who posts a comment on the forum can share the link to the person's article by pinning down the original post. I believe it would be easy for all of us. What do you think?

Posting forums under wrong topics can result in a ban, and HP forum moderators have the authority to delete the forum discussion. I guess I can't see it of any help. The only issue is that Mr. Bill does not use forums, therefore anyone of us can take on the responsibility of creating a forum for his mailbag each week.

I'd like to hear your opinions on the issue. If anyone has a better suggestion than this one, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

Blessings and Love to my HP family! smile

2. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Yes, Misbah, I noticed the same thing. I was about to start a forum thread about a friend's article but before I posted It I saw someone else had just done the same. Subsequently, I saw three separate forum posts about the same article.

Your suggestion may stop the duplication from happening. I think we should give it a try.

Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for your kind words, John. Yes, I believe we should try this way. HP moderators can be bothered by the current situation, which can result in a ban, and they also have the authority to delete our forums, So I really can't see it of any help.

I appreciate your very kind response. smile

Blessings always!!

3. bhattuc profile image85
    bhattucposted 2 years ago

It means everyone should start a forum post about one's work without giving the link and those who want to comment can find his new article in the feed and then comment in that forum post. I think it is good idea and then we do not create crowd in the forum space. Thanks Misbah for streamlining these things.

Thanks a lot for your very kind response, Sir. smile
      Blessings always!!

4. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

I'm not sure we are allowed to do this one.

https://hubstatic.com/15808075_f1024.jpg

This is message I had received from Matt.

So, I think I'll stick to posting everyone else's work.
    Not sure...guess we need to look on forums first so we try not to duplicate or let Hubpages delete ones that are duplicated.

Thank you so much for your kind response, Bredz. I respect your opinion. smile

What I think is that HP itself would not be happy to have so much forums on the same article under different topics.

I think we can send an email to Matt once again regarding this issue. I am sure the team will try to help us out in this regard.

When we can discuss our articles why can't we share a forum discussion. It's just that we can't share the links to our articles, for this purpose, maybe someone else can do that for us by making a comment and posting a link to our articles. I don't see any problem in this.

What do you think? smile

Blessings and Love!!!

5. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

I'm not sure.
    It sounds logical to me, but usually anything with logic doesn't fly well with them.

Link or no link...I'm not certain they would be happy because they don't want us starting our own discussion which would lead to others reading our work.

Yes, I understand. This is because they don't want us to promote our own hubs, but even in this case technically, someone else will be doing it for us smile because someone else will be posting the link on our forum to start the discussion. smile

1. Brenda Arledge profile image80
        Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Misbah
        I don't want anyone to get banned from Hubpages.

I know this is a difficult situation, but we will make it.
        Jump through the hoops for awhile...
        Come on sweetie...unless it's cleared by them.

This was so sweet! Yes, we will make it! smile smile

6. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

I agree with Brenda.  It is best to simply share other people's links to their posts.  We can share our links on the other social network sites like Pinterest, Facebook, twitter, etc.

Peggy
      Thanks.  I know all this is a hassle, but at least they agreed to let us communicate this way.

7. Misbah786 profile image86

No, no. It is not about sharing links. It's just that forums are becoming disorganized, and then many of us are not much familiar with forum rules and are posting similar discussions under multiple categories.

Forums are getting disorganized because discussions are being posted under the incorrect topics and are more than one for the same article. smile

This can cause the deletion of the forum post. HP moderators can aslo mind these activities. Furthermore, if we continue to violate forum rules, we can face a ban. I believe we need to look for a way out. smile

If everyone agrees to my point I can write an email to the Team to see what they say. I believe we should stay careful. smile

This is just my opinion. I would love to hear your thoughts as well. smile

Much Love!

Misbah
      I try to look on forums before I post anyone's work.

I usually post on books & literature...
      If its a poem i include sub ~ of poems & poetry...
      If not...
      I just list books & literature.

Hopefully it's that easy...i don't know

8. AliciaC profile image94
    AliciaCposted 2 years ago

I'm a bit confused by some of the posts in this thread, but I think two important points are as follows.

Based on Brenda's email, we mustn't promote our own articles in the forum, with or without a link.

Different people are promoting the same article by a fellow hubber at different times and in different categories. I assume that they didn't see the first post. This might be a problem.

I think Misbah's idea to contact the team is a good one.

Linda, thank you so much for your very kind response. The idea I suggested is that everyone can create their own forums with a thought relevant to their new article, and the first person who will post a comment on that forum can share the link to the person's article by pinning down the original post. I believe it will be simple for all of us, and there will be no duplicate forums.

We can only share a thought, not the link to our articles, as the team stated that we can discuss our articles. If we can discuss our articles on forums then I think we can also start a forum discussion with a thought about our own writings. That makes sense and is logical in my opinion.

Many Blessings and Love to you! smile

We can only discuss our articles after someone else begins discussions...
        I fear that you are going to get our Forums shut down.

Then what?

I mean, they are too busy working to fix all the other problems to deal with us trying to communicate.

Guess we'll see.

Oh! Please don't be afraid, Bredz. I'm not going to do anything unless the community approves my point. If it makes you unhappy let's quit this discussion smile Be happy!

Lots of Love to you!!! smile

Don't get mad...
            It might make the cyber cookie monster come back out.

Hugs
            Bredz

So sweet! I really don't want that cyber cookie monster. Lol!

You are one of my very precious friends.

Lots of Love smile

Hugs!!!

Thank you Misbah

You are most welcome! smile

2. Jodah profile image92
                Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Damn…who mentioned the cyber cookie monster?

https://hubstatic.com/15808522.png

I love this image. Lol! It looks so cute. smile

2. Misbah786 profile image86

We can continue doing it the way we are doing it already. However, I believe we just need to double-check it before posting the discussion if it has already been posted by someone else smile
              Love and Blessings!

2. Brenda Arledge profile image80

Yes, I'm not sure how we deal with duplicate posts, except the team did say if it was posted twice it would be deleted.

9. Misbah786 profile image86

I think we can continue the way it is. Everyone just has to take some time to check before they post a forum that someone else hasn’t already posted it. smile

Thanks a lot for sharing your beautiful thoughts with me. I appreciate it very much.

Blessings and Love to everyone! smile

10. bhattuc profile image85
    bhattucposted 2 years ago

I agree we must not have duplicate forum posts appreciating same work. It eats the precious server space and no site owners would like that. We must adhere to the policies. I will check and be doubly sure before doing any such thing. Hope we all follow this and comply strictly. It is in our own benefit not to get a bad name from the HP management.

1. Jodah profile image92
      Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Good points Umesh.

2. Misbah786 profile image86

Agreed! Thanks a lot for your very insightful and helpful response. Greatly appreciated, Sir smile
      Blessings always!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)