Once you learn it? Can you then know it?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (26 posts)
  1. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image57
    LEFT HAND OF GODposted 14 years ago

I have been watching a certain user (dog and baby avitar) and not really having much exchange but just watching this guy and have figured something out I believe. It is really strange the way he thinks too.

I see someone in here constantly say they "know nothing" and "have no absolutes" and yet they seem to "KNOW" that pretty much everyone else is "ignorant" and "arrogant" and "a follower" and "an idiot" and "they assume to know" and blah, blah, blah...on and on he goes at everyone. "moron, clueless, close minded, lacking logic."

It seems like he "knows" how to call names. lol or maybe he is still learning that one too? lol

Then I saw him say "one can learn" and so now I will ask if one can learn something, can you then know it and know it well enough to teach it to others?

Because he seems to think one can learn and then he says he knows nothing and cannot because he is always questioning and never really knowing. In a nutshell that is what the man believes.

He says that "grouped belief is ALWAYS a bad thing" and then he says "except for sacrificing to further something better"

So does he "know this" or "assume it" ? He seems to talk out of more than one orifice. I realize that he will not say what he knows because he is afraid to sound absolute because this would absolutely scare him.

This is pretty whacked in my opinion, so I am putting it out there.

If you learn it?

Can you know it?

Like this: if you "learned" how to make iced tea, so do you then "know" how to make iced tea?
    Or are you forever learning how to make iced tea?

If you learn how to read, do you then know how to read?
    And can you then say "I KNOW"

So do any of you know anything? big_smile

If you do, then do not tell him so, or get ready for the onslaught.

1. marinealways24 profile image61
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Are you looking for a date? Calm down. I'm not gay, plus i'm married.

Do you know the purpose of life or do you have an absolute belief?

2. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

lol lol It seem you're very interested in this guy ,as you have wasted a lot of time reading his posts.big_smile

LEFT HAND OF GODposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interested in him? NOT HARDLY!
      Interested in the truth as to his way of "thinking".
      So I am getting other input.

Why do you care? You have an absolute belief. It might challenge your faith.

3. atomswifey profile image58
    atomswifeyposted 14 years ago

I think this one you are talking about is always trying to reinvent the wheel using the same blueprint its designed with in the first place and then arguing with the ones who read it correctly. lol
    In the most general of terms so as not to direct this in one direction:
    some want to justify, and use their own ego tripped out opinions to do just that (reinvent the wheel) and then they choose to insult those who disagree with their assumptions when they are confronted being found wanting of an answer to reply and having none to answer with.
    Then we hear "idiot, moron, clueless, close minded, lacking logic etc." It's all they have left to resort to when their theories fail to impress or fall short of being intellectually sound.

The same wheel? I argue against your animal 1 system government god. Your absolute 1 system belief is the one with arrogance and ego. Mine doesn't require followers or studying. Any individual ideas fail to your animal mind because it challenges your faith.

1. atomswifey profile image58
        atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ohhh so you recognized yourself in this huh? thats funny smile

Well I have to say, i'm surprised you didn't use a simple "Amen" like most of your other responses. Separate from the animal mind!

1. atomswifey profile image58
            atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have written over 1000 posts and yes have used an occasional Amen or two but I could go further, much further and I have in the past many many times.
            And I will again as the spirit of God moves me to but not until.

lol You are a prophet right? You don't want to get me started on you prophet.

You would not want someone who knows nothing to get started on you lol

Yes, the believer mind is scary. Scary that it is so predictable! lol

2. marinealways24 profile image61

Why do you believe you are a prophet?

4. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image57

Let me make it really easy for you Mr. 24

Make a list of what you "know" for us all to see. big_smile

I know nothing in absolutes.

5. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image57

Well there we have it, a person who does not study and knows nothing and is teaching everyone what he thinks and constantly insults people. lol

I know you act like an animal with your 1 system belief of absolutes. I also know that you are a contradiction to individualism and that you worship a government god. But, I'm not absolute on these things. Only 99% sure.

6. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image57

Maybe someone will come in here and say what they know so that you can beat them down too?

I have seen you do it to believers and non believers alike.

What do you know prophet?

7. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image57

I know that pissing into the wind is not wise. lol

Neither is pissing while another man tells you how.

Now ya see, I never had that done to me because I "learned" when I was 2 and now I "know" how.

Pissing properly is also not a grouped belief is it? lol

Sir, the bibles belief requires a man to always need help pissing. No, pissing is individual unless you rely on someone to constantly tell you how and where to piss.

I enjoy the pissing analogy. It is kinda fun.

It seems like you are making assuming statements about each and every single person who believes anything about, or in, the Bible and that they are all mindless followers if they so much as get a piece of truth out of it.

If I read some Proverbs and find truthful wisdom it them, even just 10 or 20...what do you call me? An idiot now? Does that make me a follower now? I know how to survive a fire fight but I am a fool because I get some good teaching out of a book?

Seriously Marine.

If a proverb says "do not piss while walking up hill~your boots will look messy and for that matter do not piss while walking"
            Can I not look at that and see it as not just truth, but also funny?

If I read a cookbook to learn how to make quiche, does that make me a fool because I got knowledge from that book?

I think your zeal has taken you to a place of judging everyone else to be ignorant if they learn something from reading or studying. How do you think Marines learn? They study the enemy to learn how to conquer him.
            Then they put it into practice and learn more in that experience and from the errors made from battle to battle until they master the enemy.

You are not wise to speak on behalf of everyone.
            It sounds like you are pissing on them.

Ah, but it makes my point that believers will have an emotional reaction when you challenge their faith. This is what the bible is designed to do because it plays off of emotions for a 1 belief system.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)