NFL week 6

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Drew Breezzy profile image62
    Drew Breezzyposted 14 years ago

Lets talk about it!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Go steelers my fav team....ever...

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Saints and Broncos very impressive.  Titans appear to really be as bad as their record.

go favre my old man

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

IF he can hold up, he'll play in the Superbowl.

yeah he can, what about the old manning team colts??

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
            Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Both Mannings could be there.

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
          EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the Saints will have something to say about that. The Vikings defense has some holes in the backfield.

Worse. They should have to forfeit a couple games or have an 0-6.5 record.

3. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

The Giants secondary got exposed on Sunday, obviously, but the team as a whole will rebound.  The absence of Kenny Phillips and Aaron Ross was apparent but the Giants zone-defensive schemes are completely ineffective against Sean Payton's offense, which requires a man defense to stop. 

There were some BS calls against us, but couldn't keep up with Brees and his entire offense.  There were a boatload of miscues by the Giants and for that alone, they deserve to lose.  Their offense really didn't play all that bad, but in the end, they got outscored.

Both Sean Payton and Jeremy Shockey obviously had a chip on their shoulder.  Both were let go by the Giants, which they felt, unfairly.  This was a revenge game for them.  I believe that if we do get another shot at playing them (hopefully in the playoffs) we can beat them.

Don't count the G-Men out just yet.  There's still two-thirds of a season left to play.

Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Was it Webster or whoever the corner name was BLEW THAT TOUCHDOWN COVERAGE! Instead of putting himself between him and the ball (when he was able to) he went behind. I was just siting there gap jawed like WTF he gets paid millions and is mentally lacking intelligence.

1. dohn121 profile image81
        dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, for the record, it wasn't Webster, it was C.C. Brown, who's subbing in this season for Kenny Phillips.  Webster was the victim of that BS call where his legs got inadvertently tangled up with who I think is Marques Colston which translated into a 35-yard pass interference penalty.

Another one was an illegal "pick" in which one of the Giants' receiver bumped into a defender while running a friggin' route.

The other miscue was the one where Ahmad Bradshaw misread the audible to pick up the blitzing linebacker, which resulted in a pick because Manning threw too soon in what could've been a TD.  Manningham had his guy beat and a completely clear running lane.

okay i gotta edit that now thanks

2. Drew Breezzy profile image62

Yeah the calls were bad!

4. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 years ago

I saw some big holes in the Vikings defense against Baltimore.  At the end of the season, they have to be playing better defense or they won't go very deep. 

The interesting thing about an NFL season is a great defense now can be lousy at the end of the season and a lousy defense can be playing well.  You don't have to look very far back to see what Arizona did last year.  The Vikings need to pull a Cardinals.

well said,,,,

5. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

I'm just glad the Texans are at 3-3...and taking it one game at a time right now. I'm pacing myself so that any three out comes won't get me worked up...Make it to Play-offs and do well, Lose Big in Play-Offs, or Just Lose from here on out. I guess...anyone could feel that way...I've just had a lot of practice as a Houston Fan! But...for now we rank 3rd in our division...So? (Anything is possible!)

I am surprised we beat you.

6. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 14 years ago

Denver looks awesome. Cutler must be kicking himself. Eagles disappointed me the most, how can you lose to the Raiders? just pathetic. Yes I am an Eagles fan. I just hubbed my Week 7 Picks let me know what you guys think.

1. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eagles fan here!...I think it's UN believable! yet another rebuilding year!

1. dohn121 profile image81
        dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It could be worst.  You could be a Titans fan big_smile I'm a Giants fan by the way wink

You need to give Jacobs a pep talk!

7. R.Edwards profile image63
    R.Edwardsposted 14 years ago

I learned that the Saints are undoubtedly the best team in the NFL. I don't know if Brees will come close to breaking Marino's single season record or even try, but I'm sure he'll settle for a ring. The Broncos ARE as good as I DIDN'T think they were! My cable service unfortunately had to be interrupted yesterday so I couldn't watch the Denver/Chargers game or see any highlights, but I'll be watching the NFL network this week to get caught up.

I did however see the Patriots dismantle the Texans, but don't worry, the Pats aren't that good consistantly. The Giants are good, and that's about it. First time I ever agreed with the ESPN staff when they implied that the Giants (prior to the game against the Saints) had not faced a formidable offense and would be exposed. My only regret was not playing Brees as my fantasy QB and playing instead Phillip Rivers. This is the last draft where I draft two explosive QB's, I haven't won a fantasy game yet this season! Smh.

8. zadrobi profile image59
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

Colts Colts Colts

P.S. Colts. I've been watching the colts since I knew what football was and Manning somehow keeps getting better.

9. ShyneIV profile image59
    ShyneIVposted 14 years ago

SO far this season, the teams with the top records in the NFL have benefitted from playing against weak opponents. Off the top of my head, the Vikings, Saints, Giants and Colts have played against some very weak opponents. The exceptions amongst the top teams would have to be Cincinnati and Denver. This might prove to be something worth keeping track of when the playoffs start in January. Some of the "middle of the pack" teams might have faced some tough teams and be battle tested whereas the teams with the best records might be at a disadvantage because they have not played against a truly good/great team. It's like that old Brian Billick line: when you step into the lions den, you go in there equipped for battle against a raging lion. But if you step in the lions den and keep fighting cats, you eventually get used to fighting cats. Just some food for thought.

1. TimTurner profile image68
      TimTurnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Denver's strength of schedule is ranked 18th out of 32.  Not as low as it was last week but still pretty low.

I still don't believe in them yet.  They gotta play a good team on the road.

10. zadrobi profile image59
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

I hear sportscasters say that every single year (including this year a couple times) Thanks for the verbatim.

11. TimTurner profile image68
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

I keep trying to deny Denver's record.  But beating SD in SD was pretty impressive.  BUUUUUTTTT  I have to see them play a good team on the road.

Their strength of schedule is in the lower half in the league sooooo I still have my doubts!

12. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 years ago

Six wins is pretty good, but they still have to play some tough games.  Winning against the chargers on the road is a quality win in my book.  I say they are for real.  Might not go deep in the playoffs, but it's hard to imagine them missing the playoffs.  That would require a total colapse

1. TimTurner profile image68
      TimTurnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Normally it would be but considering SD only has 2 wins and they are against Oakland and Miami, you see that it's not a good SD team.

Denver is legit the Ravens aren't going to beat them.

Considering that San Diego is the only team in their division that has even an outside chance of catching them, that's all the more reason they are almost guaranteed to make the playoffs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)