Who is the Worst Music Artist out Right Now? Any Genre.......

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (42 posts)
  1. CoryLavel profile image61
    CoryLavelposted 14 years ago

So many Possibilities.........

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

too many

2. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 14 years agoin reply to this

At the risk of offending a few oldies, have you heard Bob Dylans' Christmas album?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've heard it's pretty bad...

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My Wife!...I will not survive her Violin Lessons, anything that squeels lke that and does not die is a crime!

1. Ms Re profile image61
        Ms Reposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Funny! Hope you didn't tell her like that though!

1. dutchman1951 profile image60

Nooo...lol, I am teasing, I do not say things like that to her. I want to see her sucessful  She loves to play. I gave it to her for Her Birthday Present. And she is learning, doing very well

2. michael1mars profile image40
    michael1marsposted 14 years ago

Without a doubt Soulja Boy

1. ThatFranzKid profile image60
      ThatFranzKidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree completely.

3. michael1mars profile image40
    michael1marsposted 14 years ago

Then teir would be Gucci Mane

4. Wonder_Woman profile image59
    Wonder_Womanposted 14 years ago

Rihanna...

5. TimTurner profile image70
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

Taylor Swift.  Way too much hype for mediocre songs.

She might not be the worst artist but definitely the most over-rated.  And ever guy that listens to her just wants to sleep with her  haha

6. Tobol profile image54
    Tobolposted 14 years ago

Lilly Allen

7. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Tough one. I have my list.
    Kanye West is so talented but his ego is just a trainwreck. He needs to lose everything and start over and see what that feels like and then write about it.

Miley Cyrus isn't a bad person, but she is Disney façade.

Those are my offerings for right now. I may get the engine going and decide to post more.

8. dejajolie profile image59
    dejajolieposted 14 years ago

the list can go on and on and on

In this genre
    Miley Cyrus (way overrated)
    Jonas Brothers
    and a lot of other pop, crap

In this Genre
    Soulja Boy
    Gucci Man (whatever his name is)
    and all those other one-hit wonders who songs play over and over on the radio and as a result over and over in your mind until you want to scream

9. Wonder_Woman profile image59
    Wonder_Womanposted 14 years ago

Black eyes peas, their BOOM BOOM Song was extremely annoying, it had no point

1. theageofcake profile image61
      theageofcakeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This group has set a new standard for bad.  Just listen to "Got a Feeling," quite possibly the laziest pop record ever made.  You could sit in front a keyboard for the first time and pump out this song in seconds.

10. Pr0metheus profile image57
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

Black Eyed Peas or Kanye West

11. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

There is a difference between being a horrible artist, and just having your music be played out. Black Eyed Peas is just overplayed. I listen to "Hey Mama" while I'm getting ready smile

1. dejajolie profile image59
      dejajolieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yEAH I AM A B.E.P FAN

2. drej2522 profile image67
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

you still listen to "Hey Mama"?...impressive

12. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Any obnoxious vile rap. If it's music fine but if it's some ignorant, distorted social statement, can it!

13. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

I am a snob , what Is considered music today Is mediocre on a good day ! Who Is the great guitar player , pianist or songwriter of the last 5 years ?

1. R P Chapman profile image60
      R P Chapmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A very small sample of Albums of obvious musical talent in the last 5 years:

Radiohead - In Rainbows (2007)
      Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare (2007)
      Kings of Leon - Only By The Night (2008)
      Amy Winehouse - Back to Black (2006)
      Michael Brecker - Pilgrimage (2007)

...and there's undoubtedly loads more besides.

1. tony0724 profile image61
        tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Most of those are not newer artist though ! Radiohead came out In 92 Kings of Leon who I like have been around since the early part of the decade , I saw them locally In 2002 . And Amy Winehouse Is a trainwreck and does not write most of her songs !

14. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

If I hear another Miley Cyrus song something very bad might happen.

15. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

I have no doubt " Poker Face " will be an alltimer ! Classic stuff man !

16. Jon Green profile image86
    Jon Greenposted 14 years ago

Yoko Ono - just raised the bar AGAIN! Watch her on Jools Holland (BBC2)
    She's the all-time champ (or is that chump..?)even in a very crowded field...

1. R P Chapman profile image60
      R P Chapmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Disappointing that it got to page 2 before Yoko got a mention... if only I'd remembered! big_smile

17. Rob Lattin profile image71
    Rob Lattinposted 14 years ago

Bob Dylan. I just heard some tracks from his new Christmas album. Horrendous.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60

I agree just Heard them also. Horrendous is to Kind!

18. Ms Re profile image61
    Ms Reposted 14 years ago

How about that "thing" Terrence Howard called himself doing. It sounded like my dog, cat , and kids got together in a room and began to umm...just open their mouths rather than an album. Seriously I think he took the home studio thing from "Hustle & Flow" too seriously. And I think he was his own sound man too. Ahh, a modern one man band. He should stick to acting.

1. T_Augustus profile image61
      T_Augustusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL - I thought I was the only person that ever heard that.  That was pretty bad.

2. dejajolie profile image59

He SHOULD def stick to acting, some people don't know how to 'stay in their lane'

19. Joelle Burnette profile image71
    Joelle Burnetteposted 14 years ago

Brittany Spears...why is she still on the radio?

20. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Lady Ga Ga

21. T_Augustus profile image61
    T_Augustusposted 14 years ago

Definitely Soujah Boy, but Lil Wayne is in the conversation too.

22. anapease93 profile image40
    anapease93posted 14 years ago

wow! whoever started this is very dark about music!
    jeez! get a life!

1. dejajolie profile image59

What? Last time I checked adults have opinions and are allowed to discuss different points of view, so to answer your question, Yes we are adults. Furhtermore if you don't "agree" with this topic, why are you in here?

23. anapease93 profile image40
    anapease93posted 14 years ago

you guys are all adults! aren't you?

24. Maniac-Mark profile image58
    Maniac-Markposted 14 years ago

QUOTE:

Taylor Swift.  Way too much hype for mediocre songs.

She might not be the worst artist but definitely the most over-rated.  And ever guy that listens to her just wants to sleep with her  haha

END QUOTE:

No its not that shes overated she just sucks. its a tie between her and soulja boy in my opinion.

Ooh and she aint pretty nobody i know would sleep with that.

25. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Kanye West.....definitely!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)