Amazon unique ID

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (18 posts)
  1. maryspatch profile image64
    maryspatchposted 14 years ago

Hello all

Just started and have my first hub researched and written. Trying to put in some Amazon products.

Being me I have run into trouble immediately!!

Amazon says my unigue ID is one with hubpag and some letters and numbers.  When I tried to put it in the help bubble tells me that is wrong I should have a name with it.

Can someone help please. Sorry to ask so quickly. I try to nut things out for myself. Not at all sure about this one!!

Best wishes

Maryspatch

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sign into Amazon.com affiliate account

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp … login.html

on the top left you will see a number letter combo like damescribe suggested

MarysPatch-40  (something along that lines)

copy and paste here

http://hubpages.com/my/affiliate

2. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, Maryspatch smile your amazon ID to use should look something like ---> xxxx- 00  big_smile x's being name and the 0's being some number assigned, that's all you need to paste in your affiliate code field. smile hope that helps.

3. maryspatch profile image64

Thank you so much both of you for answering so quickly.

Yes I found the unique ID in an email from Amazon when they approved (I was so delighted to get the email this morning!) and I noticed it when I was in the site in the place you mentioned Sunforged.

It does not start with maryspatch though or anything like that but hubpag instead. Hence the help bubble when I tried to put it in Hub Pages.

Perhaps I did or did not do something when I was registering. Can I alter this with Amazon? I am a bit worried about messing things up entirely if I do not know how change it properly. Believe you me - I would find the wrong way!!!!!!!! Think 'Murphy' thinks he is my best friend!!!

My best wishes

Mary

Its ok if it starts with "hubpag" a lot of the id's tend to start with the username or email you sign up with, so I was just guessing.

If its in your amazon account, its right and it works, your all set!

4. maryspatch profile image64

Hello again

Thank you, Sunforged.

My Amazon settings say it is set now. So perhaps this is OK.

However I cannot get anything to work on my hub.

Got the capsule and entered the description of the item I wanted to promote. The URL line is I suppose the Amazon html title page at the top. A normal URL for a web page.

I do a preview and it says there is nothing to preview!!!!

Grrrrr!!!! Have been trying to figure this out but cannot seem to. So either I am doing something wrong (usual) or something is not working!!!!!

Best wishes

Maryspatch

5. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Mary, to specify products you paste in the ASIN number of the item. You'll find it if you scroll down the product page on Amazon

6. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

I  just suggest using the search/keyword feature in the amazon capsule  (just do all your editing from within hubs, forget that amazon even has its own page for now), with the right terms you can target the exact same item and you dont ever have to worry about that item being removed if a seller runs out of stock

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sunforged, I've always been told you get better results by choosing a specific product by ASIN and writing a description - you don't agree?

Using the"-" modifiers I can narrow the results to a specific product Im targeting, but if that product is pulled or discontinued I am more likely to still have something show up..if you limit to an ASIN than there is no back up when its out of stock/discontinued.

I also think its a little to much for the OP right now to tangle with the intricacies of amazon sales theory rather tahn just publishing a hub and getting accustomed to the capsule features

as a general theory..use ASIN, write a description, I dont know...Im not sure a 4-6% commission is worth that time involvement to me, I am not a super successful amazon affiliate anymore, Im happy with $75/month from about 3 hubs..I pulled amazon off of my niche sites, but when I was a big affiliate of amazon I most def did not focus on individual products and ASINS, i focused on pages of pages of products that came up for the right terms and gave my viewer no option other than clicking to amazon.

ex) store pages

niche site

Outdoor Lighting

pages

Outdoor wall sconces

outdoor chandeliers

outdoor pendant lights

sub pages
                  Tiffany pendants
                   Quoizel Pendant Lights

each of those pages would only have enough text to rank in google, the user experience would not involve a description, thats what the item description on the product page is for

...thats how i work, the issue is kind of small in my eyes, the time it takes to fake a description of an item ive never seen! find it in amazon, copy the asin,, read reviews .. i could write 3 more pages/hubs of product links

i must reiterate though, im not the best example of an amazon seller

7. maryspatch profile image64

Hello again friends

You are extremely kind to a confused newbie, thank you.

I have been looking for the ASIN number and connot find it!!! Scrolled in all directions!!! This has to be me!!!

What I am doing is targeting specific products that match the discussion on my page. So sadly a generic collection from a keyword does not bring up the ones I want.

I would start the hard way wouldn't I.

Also I have found I cannot get into specific parts of the Amazon site and it rather looks as if the whole thing is not on properly perhaps.

Best wishes

maryspatch

tell me the product ill give you the asin and then ill give you the keywords that would have targetted it w/o ever knowing the asin

8. maryspatch profile image64

Thank you Sunforged.

I am in need of several products of course. I got stuck on the first!!!

This one is a Madden Girl Womens Brklyn hi heel pump.

It is a pink/red high heeled shoe.

This I got originally by typing in the keywords court, pump, hi heel shoe or something to that effect.

Then I scrolled down them all until I found one that suited my discussion,

Needless to say I bookmarked it on my computer as I was running into trouble.

Found it again thougn with little trouble on the site itself when I popped in the keywords pink pump.

Just what I want and it will not go in - frustrating!!!!!

Thank you

Maryspatch

There are 3 models - for the 'Pink paris"
      ASIN: B00243GEF6

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-Girl-Women … amp;sr=8-1

you scroll down and look for

Product Details

* Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
          * Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
          * ASIN: B00243GEF6
          * Item model number: BRKLYN
          * Average Customer Review: No customer reviews yet. Be the first.
          * Amazon.com Sales Rank: #26,071 in Shoes (See Bestsellers in Shoes)

9. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Using the amazon capsule

"Madden Girl Women's Brklyn Hi Heel Pump'

with product area at " all "

brought the shoe up first try .. in pink!

10. maryspatch profile image64

Bless you Sunforged Should work this time. Will let you know what happens!

Will have to have another go tomorrow as I must get a meal for a hungry husband. I am sure he would rather I did that!!!

Best wishes

maryspatch

11. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Mary, if you want to use the ASIN code here's how:

Open Amazon IN A SEPARATE WINDOW.

Find the book (or item) you want and open the product page.
    Scroll down to the Product Details.  Copy either the ASIN or the ISBN number and paste it into the box in the Amazon capsule.

12. maryspatch profile image64

Whew its up!!!!

Thank you both very much, your help has been seriously appreciated.

I went with specifics in in the end as my article was angled that way. Was very easy once I knew where the number was.

Actually was fun in the end - like being in a big shoe store and able to choose any shoe I wanted!!! Most womeen's dream! Could have chosen so many different ones!! Perhaps with the other way I could have done - will find out. Even then I would have needed all the Hub Pages. Will have to do another page and choose some more!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not tried the other way yet. There seems, from your conversation, different ways of doing things with Amazon and I have a lot to learn!!!!

What I did was to print off the complete post for future reference.

Bless you both

Maryspatch

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)