My Profile Page....

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (33 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I guessed that I could post this in the Extreme Hub Makeover.

What do people think about the textual content of my profile page? Is there anything you would change?

I get about 500-800 page views a day on my profile, so any ideas about how best to tackle these visits?

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i love confidence, and you have that in spades!

fun profile.

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I like it...maybe put your favorite article links in your about me section

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok thanks for the feedback, I could add a couple of extra hyperlinks I guess.

3. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Ever since learning that all the ad revenue on the profile pages goes entirely to HubPages, I don't drive traffic to mine.

1. kirstenblog profile image77
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I had one or two clicks that made a few pence from my profile. I thought that was cause the ad was just so cool that they had to click lol

You are a far more knowledgeable hubber then I but I have to question this, is it new maybe?

1. profile image0

I have had 1 click from my profile too..... but 1 click from 500+ impressions per day! Must have been an error! lol

2. weblog profile image56
      weblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I track my profile page adsense impressions and in report I'm seeing clicks too(Nov and Dec).

Am I missing something? Where it's told profile page impressions go exclusively to HP?

1. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Paul Deeds posted in reply to someone's question and said that HubPages was under no obligation to share that revenue from profile pages, which led me to believe that they didn't.  Perhaps I misunderstood his answer.  Now I have to try and go find it and re-read it...

1. Haunty profile image74
          Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you misunderstood. I remember that reply too.

EDIT: but I just found this one: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/27118

3. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In google analytics I'm seeing revenue attributed to my profile page. I read somewhere in the forums - which I can't find now - that Paul Deeds said that although Hubpages was under no obligation to share revenue on anything but our hubs, they did.

Oh wait, I think it might have been when he announced the new TOS. I go check.... not there, still can't find it.

1. weblog profile image56
        weblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do tag and category pages count?

2. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I specifically remember reading this comment from HubAdmin also, it stated not only did they sahre impressions on the profile page, although they were not required to under our agreements..he also said they had no plans to change this

As for best use of the Profile page...If you have a good amount of hubs and traffic, I bet your profile page is a PR3 or PR4 by now...so it can be used to pass that juice to outside sources..

as for actual textual content, i have always liked your profile page, Ryan.

Found a thread where BristolBoy reported he was using URL channels for his profile page and was seeing ad revenue from it

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/13994

and here is the thread where Paul deeds explained that we get impressions not only from the profile but from our other side pages (im guessing, our personal tags and hubtivity?)

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/27118

4. Ivorwen profile image66
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have had a number of clicks on my profile page, and all have been worthwhile clicks.   

...Now off to look at Ryan's profile.

4. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I had a look and you got a giggle out of me. I think making people laugh is a good thing, also my eyes did not glaze over with loads and loads of info, again a good thing. All and all I would say you have a nice profile. I get more views on my profile then I do on my hubs but don't really think my profile is a source of income, thats the job of my hubs! I don't see anything that needs changing or improving on, it gives a good impression of the sort of person and writer you are.

1. profile image0

Ok thanks. I like getting emails from people that want to use an article offline, or wants me to write for their site, do you think that it is well geared up to achieve this? I have had a few requests recently so I guess that it is working....

5. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I dont drive traffic to mine Relache, it just goes there, probably via forums and people who find my hubs.... So I get that traffic irrespective; the question is how I can best utilise those 500+ daily visits to my advantage...

6. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

like your pic to ryan smile how ya been?

1. profile image0

Yeah not too bad, not had enough hubpages time for my liking! Lots of stuff going on in the real world, mostly positive, and it may get even worse until end of January..... in fact I may have a month off the net in January.... so plans for global adsense domination may have to be delayed! How are you? So sorry to read about your dad earlier today, I have missed most of these things, please accept my sincere condolences.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wait you are leaving us for a whole month? that's not nice! lol I guess you can leave us for a month sad
        and thanks...but one thing isn't my dad...Papa is grandpa smile

1. profile image0

Oh im sorry, please forgive me! We dont really say Papa over here, the French and Italians do of course.... so I always associate Papa with Dad, sorry again!

1. profile image0
            Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eh no worries Ryan ppl don't even say grandpa as papa over here much either. smile but thank you for your sweet words.

7. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

When I started my blog (was so green to writing content on line I didn't really have a clue!) I found a little tag thingy that a person could click to hire me to write for them. I have often wondered if that tag/button thingy could work in the profile here?

If so it might be something you could use smile

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Sorry Ryan I got sidetracked by another issue, I like your homepage very much. It's very you and I hope it gets some more exposure for you and your articles.

9. travelespresso profile image69
    travelespressoposted 14 years ago

Hello Ryan
    A comment from a "newbie".  I really like your profile page, especially the introduction.  It's funny, well laid out and not too long.
    I have a suggestion - I wonder if you are sending conflicting messages?  You say that people can ask you for already published articles and you may let them have them for free but then you want to charge for others.  I know why you might want to do that but if people know you will let them have something for free then they may not pay you what you desire for the one-off articles.  Seems to me you are lowering the price expectations.

1. profile image0

Ok I do understand what your saying there, the difference is of course that I would charge for effort which I havent already exerted.... and print media doesnt affect my adsense earnings.... but you make a very valid point. I will think about how best to reword that.

1. travelespresso profile image69
        travelespressoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agreed but try not to overlook the value (picture word in bold) in your existing efforts though.

10. profile image56
    fun2hubposted 14 years ago

Good profile page.

11. alexandriaruthk profile image60
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

I wish I could be as creative in my profile page, good job

12. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Love your profile Ryan. No comments or critique from me. Good to go.

Also, you probably already realize that you are about to break into 400+ fans.

Congrats!!

13. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

After looking over your profile I assume you to have a good sense of humor, but to be quite serious at the same time.  I would expect quality articles that read smoothly, and the variety of hubs you have show a wide variety of interests.

If that is what you are looking to convey, then don't change it.

14. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Sounds great, Ryan. But if you're even putting it out there on your profile page that you're available for freelance writing gigs, then you should really dump the text into a grammar checker first. There are a couple of small issues. smile

1. profile image0

Can you recommend a grammar checker? And may I ask which mistakes you noticed? I can see a missing comma... anything else?

I have had quite a bit of work through hubpages, mostly with American mags, but I never write in Americanisms and never edit for them....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)