I really like my hub, but it's getting almost no traffic???

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)
  1. MissE profile image78
    MissEposted 14 years ago

I wrote a hub that I really worked hard on and absolutely love, but it isn't getting very much traffic?  Is it my key words?  Maybe it needs something more?  Any suggestions?
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Head-to-Toe-Skin-Care-Recipes

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi MissE smile

i liked your hub. especially the way you formatted it. it makes me want to try some of these. the only suggestion i would make, if it were me (as i am a big believer in the power of the introduction), would be to modify it just a teensy bit. your into is what grabs people. yours was good - don't get me wrong. i took the liberty of editing it for you and revised it a bit, as follows:

Did you know you that for almost pennies, you can easily make some really great beauty products for your skin and hair that rival the expensive ones? You might even already have a lot of the ingredients in your pantry right now! I have used some of these and well, my skin is glowing wink

Making your own beauty products is fun, easy and inexpensive, and allows you to control the ingredients. You can rest assured that there are no harsh chemicals in them, they are made from all natural ingredients, and they have not been tested on animals. And they won't leave a big hole in your pocketbook!

Next time you're strolling down the skin care aisle at the market, get some of these wonderful ingredients and have fun making cool beauty products for yourself or someone special. These head-to-toe beauty product recipes are cost-efficient and work great, and will leave you feeling and looking fabulous.

just something to pull in your readers. of course you don't have to accept these edits...just offering some recommendations. anyway i forgot to go rate up your hub. it was very good! smile

best regards,
      me

2. wesleyacarter profile image57
    wesleyacarterposted 14 years ago

i liked it.

it's not really the quality of the hub, but maybe the content. Skin care will captivate a marginal audience and skips passed most of the SUPER AMAZINGLY INTELLIGENT people that post about soul searching, religion and supreme states of consciousness.

once in a while though, some basic tips for skin care without all the God stuff can be refreshing.

keep it up!

3. MissE profile image78
    MissEposted 14 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to read it, leave a comment, and make a few suggestions!  If you glance through all my hubs you will find that my target audience isn't quite the SUPER AMAZINGLY INTELLIGENT people.  I try to stick with topics I know about!!!  LOL!!!  J/K!  I will try to think a little deeper one of these days!smile Thanks again!

4. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

I liked it too.  I don't think there's anything "wrong" with it at all. I think if anything is slowing down traffic (for now) is that probably too many people aren't searching "head to toe skin care." 

I've decided that the name that gets put on the hub and becomes the URL is an enormous factor in getting Google traffic.

That said, if I was gonna toss any criticism, and be really, really hyper critical, I'd say that the opening paragraph doesn't have a lot of "what's in it for me" in there. It's a bit heavy on "features" rather than "benefits." Not sure that would generate any more traffic though, since they already have to be there to read it, but I noticed it (particularly as  guy who doesn't care so much about "glow" and stuff lol). It's a good hub, though.  It doesn't really need fixing.

5. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

Your hub is fine and you should do well with it.

6. Rehma Jamshed profile image60
    Rehma Jamshedposted 14 years ago

Hi MissE,

I am not an expert but experience has taught me one thing. Traffic is unpredictable!! Some of the days my least expected hubs get great traffic. As long as the quality of the hubs is consistent and the content is unique, you will get traffic very soon.

We have alot of experts here. I do recommend using the Google AdWords Keyword Tool. Find out which tags or words generate more traffic. Patience is the key!

7. Living In Paris profile image60
    Living In Parisposted 14 years ago

Hi MissE,

I found the topic interesting and I think it's a nice hub. Here are a couple thoughts (with no SEO research behind them, just my gut reactions).

1. I noticed there was no mention of the words "organic" or "botanical" or "skin care ingredients." Did you look into it already and find that they wouldn't work for you?

2. Have you given any thought to adding the word "Recipe" to the facial mask instructions (as in "Honey Mask Recipe")? I've read that recipes perform well, so maybe you can piggyback on that.

Also, I found myself wanting to see some photos of the recipes being made, not only because they sounded yummy, but also because there's a long block of text in that section and my eyes wanted something to rest upon.

Hope this helps and good luck.

8. MissE profile image78
    MissEposted 14 years ago

WOW!  You guys rock!  There's so much awesome advice here I just don't know where to start!  Thank you so much!  I will definitly be using your suggestions.  Thank you for all your comments as well.

9. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

that's how we roll here MissE wink

good luck!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)