Multiple Hubs on Similar Topic

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Whitney05 profile image85
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

So, have any of you seen that you have one or two topics that get more traffic and revenue? Have you considered writing more hubs on he same topic, if not the same basic idea just presenting it differently? Has it helped or hurt you? You're competing with yourself in a way, but did the older or newer hubs end up with more overall traffic?

Example:
    Growing tomatoes
    How to grow big, juicey tomatoes
    Tips for tomato seedlings
    Tips for tomato seeds

All are virtually the same idea, but a tad different.

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hadn't thought of that.  I generally try to make each hub unique in itself.  Could I have been soooo wrong?

2. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

I have series of topics for jewelries, online buying, gold, perls, platinum then diamond, how to classify them etc, what to look for in each, nice idea, and you can link them too

3. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i am planning on writing more hubs on topics i have already written about because they are interesting to me and i have found out more stuff since writing my first hub about them, so, yeah wink

4. Whitney05 profile image85

I don't necessarily mean like a series, as I'm all about series hubs and similar topics in the same niche (overall care sheet hub, hub on just diet, care on illnesses, care on housing all for same animal).

I mean more or less the exact same thing but maybe more focused on one aspect. Kind of like how you can purchase a few different books about the same thing, and each of the books will focus on a different topic, although all may have the same basic info.

Example in terms of books. I've purchased 3 books on reptile care- different authors and publishers. All have the same or similar basic info, but one may focus more on native history and related species, whereas the other may focus on housing, and a third may focus on morphs and variations of the one species.

5. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years ago

I have written some articles in series such as
    Indian festivals
    Gemstones
    Jewelry
    environment and climate change
    business and business credit
    Kundan Meena Jadau etc.
    Economic crisis and financial problem of America

I have never researched about traffic in particular hub or a group of hubs.
    I have not written articles so far by changing content little bit or just changing the titles. However, this is a good idea and I may try that.

Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

6. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 14 years ago

One of the staff of HubPages has written a hub that includes information on how this can be useful. Paul Edmondson says in his hub that one Hubber has written almost 50 Hubs on Rolex watches and has found it successful.

7. Whitney05 profile image85

Jyoti, I'm not talking about writing to get traffic. I'm talking about if you notice you have a hub that does get traffic, do you write more on the topic, even it's similar to the first you wrote.

2uesday, that is true, as was discussed a WHILE back. I forgot about that one... Just didn't know if others write about the same thing in different hubs, not different aspects of the same thing but the same thing just approaching it differently.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whitney, I notice Lissie has done this, but not to capitalise on the subject within HubPages. She writes multiple similar articles which all point to her blog.

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Whitney,
      i have not tried like that. Normally I write on a topic and write another on other topic. Some times on the same subject but different contexts.

Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari

8. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Yes, Whitney, I "plan" on doing what you ask. Because my only example is from a series, I dare not say anything else but im  going to because you might bite my head off smile

~thranax~

9. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Yes, I have done this Whitney and it works out well. Done right you can dominate maybe 6 out of 10 of the top spots in google, for a few hopefully profitable phrases.

My strategy would be several hubs, a few Squidoo lenses (yep I'm dabbling over there too), and a couple of websites. In this case I would link hubs with hubs, lenses with lenses and sites with sites.

Then give lots of backlinks from my backlink blogs. (Sometimes I need to draw a little diagram so I don't get confused.)

Lots of work but very effective.

1. Lily Rose profile image85
      Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Nelle - I don't see how you can NOT get confused - LOL!  Good thing you do charting!

Unfortunately, my two highest traffic hubs have keywords that pay very little, so I'm not sure it would do much for me to create more hubs on the same topic...

10. Whitney05 profile image85

Gotcha. Thanks!

I just went through my ebay reports from December and this month, and got a few idea. Some of them I've had in my que to do. I hope to get to them all soon. I've got like 64 waiting to write and do. I hope to finially finish one series this month, if not 2. Most of what's in my que are mini series. I'd like to mix them up so their not all published at once, but then I'll forget to go back through and add the links. That happened with my last two published since I took a break from that series. So, I guess it's one series at a time.

Tomorrow I'm working on linking all my kitchen gadget hubs from months back. I tried today, but it froze my browser pulling up so many at a time. I have a stratgy tomorrow. lol

11. LizzyBoo profile image60
    LizzyBooposted 14 years ago

Hello I started to make series and it works so well.
    I already made series about

1/ Ferrets- strongest series I made
    2/ Acne- and all about it.
    3/ Prague- like this series
    4/ Language series

I have to say. It works well. I had to wait for a whille, but now I am getting finally the traffic and feel happy about it.

12. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I do this quite a lot, on hubs and my own websites. Its a valid technique and can definately boost your traffic, especialy if you backlink between several websites.

13. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Yes this does work quite well Whitney, as I've done it with my demon art hubpages and all I've done is change the titles and added new art on each and different wording of course, but all are the central keywords of demon art,demonic art, how to draw demons, drawing demonic art, that sort of thing.

Now since I've linked them all together the traffic has improved and also increased far beyond my expectations.

I've also done 3 different versions of the same hubpage with how to draw a demon, different drawings and slightly mixed up wording.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 14 years agoin reply to this

waynet, how are the Hub Scores on those?  I think it's a great idea but I'm concerned about the Hub Scores on those hubs being reduced for the duplication, although slightly modified.  I'm going to go and try to find the hubs you're talking about. Maybe I'll get the answer before you read this.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 14 years agoin reply to this

waynet, I read all three and I see your scores are 83 and over. You have made each so different that I can see why they don't get hit as duplicates. For that matter, they could be considered a series on drawing monsters. Good work.

14. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

I have done this, but not so much on Hubpages yet. On one site in particular where I write there are pre-set titles to write on, each is worded differently, but some are so close together that a single article could cover them all. What I tend to do is bookmark all of these and write on one, then in a couple of weeks when I feel like re-hashing it I'll write another...I try to lean on different aspects in each one, but some do end up very similar in content, though completely unique in wording and organization. This has worked well, and I intend to do a lot more of it on various subjects...I already have my eye on the subject I want to enlarge upon here, and there is so much in the subject that I can make some very specific articles that have very little overlap with others on the same subject. For instance:

How to get rid of blue-green algae
    Natural ways to rid your tank of blue-green algae
    Fish and invertebrates that will eat blue-green algae
    The hazards of commercial algaecides

And so on...I'll check back in after I've tried this a bit, but I have high hopes for it since I'm starting out with my three top-performing hubs and brainstorming to write at least five hubs closely related to each of them.

15. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

I think it really has to depend on the topic and variable content.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)