How do you like the place you live in?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (23 posts)
  1. thirdmillenium profile image59
    thirdmilleniumposted 14 years ago

Village or town, jungle or city what do you feel about it?

1. theageofcake profile image61
      theageofcakeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I live in the suburbs in which I grew up - so not only is it quiet and boring, its also filled with people I don't want to see ever.

Suburban life is bad but city life isn't the greatest either.  I lived in Boston for 4 years and, while its great in terms of accessible entertainment, it also feels lonely in a way.  I can't adequately describe it.

I'm kind of reclusive, so I think it would be nice to live in a village or something in which there is a sizable amount of land but few human beings.  My first home was mildly secluded and in a fairly heavily wooded area, so I've still got this fondness for solitude thing going on.

What about you?

thirdmilleniumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have lived in big cities and in dense jungles,  sparsely populated islands and on board ships. Frozen wastelands and scorched lands. Only deserts remain.

I call a small hamlet my home now. I am at peace and happy to be with a small community interacting with one another where week-ends  are always looked forward to, with the boys at the tavern with beer flowing and humor leading us to past midnight.

2. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No. I don't like it.

3. falcon64 profile image60
      falcon64posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I live in a City with full of Snow in Winter time.

2. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I live in a small city, I much rather live in the country but that is to expensive so not really an option for me right now.

3. tony0724 profile image59
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

San Diego is a pretty big city. But I do love it here. But like anyplace else it has its problems. But there is no perfect place , but this is as close to Utopia as I can get I suppose !

1. double_frick profile image60
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i loooooooooove san diego. its one of my favorite places of the world. smile
      however, i live in sacramento, faaaaaaaaaaar from any semblance of utopia. more like the devil's a-hole, if you ask me. hmm

i guess some people like it. ??? i don't know how though. lol

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

4. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

It wouldn't be my first choice, or my second, but it works.  Actually, after being here for more than a decade, I am beginning to grow attached to the area.  The mountains no longer annoy me.

I live in a small town, that has very little sense of community.  Slowly, some of that is changing, as the town grows in infrastructure.

5. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

It's okay for now. This is a medium to large city with its fair share of problems and then some.  I am tempted to move east in a couple of years.  It would be nice to live in an area with lower crime and a better handle on its racial issues.

6. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I live in the forest with a lake that way and more lakes forest n swamps the other way. Maybe see a wolf, bear, deer or porcupine. I lived in the city but am quite happy where I am now. smile

7. Christene profile image60
    Christeneposted 14 years ago

I live a short walk away from the Atlantic ocean. It's a beautiful place to live. A little cold right now though!  Brrr.

Lucky you (like lucky me)

8. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Love where we're at in the Arizona desert except that you can still see those darned human hovels in the distance and light pollution at night.

9. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 14 years ago

I'm a small-town desert rat...grew up in the badlands, and now live at the base of the mountains. I love it here, though would much prefer to be back out in the country...hopefully in a couple of years I will be...but it's not the place for social kinds of people, or for people who can't find enjoyment in nature, or for people who want to find a decent job that has room for advancement. It's all good, that just leaves more room for people like me tongue.

10. Mama Sez profile image63
    Mama Sezposted 14 years ago

We live in the city but not exactly downtown area so  it is relatively peaceful.  We are near beaches, nature parks and shopping malls.  Love it!

11. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I absolutely love where I live in Melbourne. This city is modern, full of parks and animals, easy going and cosmopolitan.The weather is easy too. smile

12. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 14 years ago

I grew up in the Hunter Valley in New South Wales. I lived in two towns, one very close to the Vineyards there. In fact, every second weekend we went out there as we had (and still have) family living in Pokolbin. A nice childhood, mostly, but was very glad to leave for the Big Smoke. In my case, Sydney.

I first lived in the inner suburbs, around the Newtown/Enmore area and loved it. Loved the vibe and how close everything is. I still miss living there. I moved out west to be closer to where my work is because the travel was getting to me. It's okay. I live in a fairly sleepy suburb, but the vibe isn't here, and the public transport sucks. I still go into the inner suburbs occasionally just to soak up the vibe to revive myself...and you can't beat the harbour. I sometimes just get on a ferry just to take the trip, forget about the destination!

Oh, and for the most part, the weather aint too bad. :-)

13. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 14 years ago

I live in a small town.  Its beautifully set in a shallow valley.  I am attached to this place because I have the best of 3 different worlds.  I only live 25 mins from the city if I need entertainment, but far enough away to be apart from city life, and only 25 mins the other way from lakes and beaches and my chalet.  I can wake up on any given morning and watch deer walk lazily past my house.  I didn't grow up here, but I am coming to fall in love with this place and not sure if I will ever leave.

Good for you megs

14. wrenfrost56 profile image55
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I live in the countryside, near woods, caves, rolling hills and the moors. I am very lucky, I love where I live. smile

15. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

I live in the beautiful Greek mountains amongst wonderful, friendly people. Ancient Sparta is just down the road, and Beautiful Helen of Troy was born in Pellanas, a couple of miles away.

I can have no complaints big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)