Suggestion for Fashion Hub

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years ago

I'm trying my hand at a fashion hub which is new territory for me.  (Not yet published, that's why I'm here.)  I want to look at several of the styles put up for the spring lines, but I'm finding myself being a little more verbose than I thought I would.  I'd like to discuss 6 different styles.  Would it make sense to do these as a linked 6 part series?  I'm not sure I have enough content for each to stand on its own.  Could I do 3 for each hub and do a 2 part series?  Or, should I just buckle down for a long hub and put all 6 together?

Opinions would be appreciated!

(I suppose I could also cut a style or 2 and pick my favorite 3 or 4...)

2. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I find that traffic and earnings are higher for subjects I write multiple hubs about and link together. If you're able to write enough on each topic, as it sounds you are, then I definitely would try to get 6 out of the series! smile

ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  I think I'm going to have to experiment a little here.  I hate having multiple unpublished hubs, but that might be the way to go so I can play a bit and combine at the end before publishing if the length isn't there.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 14 years ago

Some clever people around here say that less than 400 words is no good, 800 is better.

Thank you.  Is there a word count tool within hubpages?  Or, do you have to paste into word or another program for that?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome. There is a word count: open the hub, see under the Stats, then click on the Hub Metrics tab.

In your place, I would still write everything in a word processor first, do a word count, then start planning from there. It is not so handy to work in many text capsules. And of course, the appropriate number of words may also vary depending on your contents, graphics and so forth.

Thanks for the tips!

4. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I think a linked series is good.  You might think that you don't have enough now, but I'm willing to bet that once you start writing you'll have to do a lot of editing.  Also don't forget you'll add pictures, a poll, youtube, etc.

Thanks.  The photos are actually what I am strugging with right now.  Finding free use fashion photos is proving to be a challenge.

5. Flightkeeper profile image67

Did you try google image advance search and flickr?

Not yet, thanks!

2. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69

I am finding some images there, but how do you know if they are "free use" or not.  I can't seem to find any info on rights. (on google images)

6. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 14 years ago

You certainly have a lot on your mind. Try searching for "royalty free images." This means they are licensed to use without paying anything to the owner. Sometimes they need to be purchased from the site offering them, usually for a very modest sum. Other times they are actually free to download, maybe in a lower resolution but good enough for your purpose. Google images generally are copyright protected.

HA! I always do.  I do have some royalty free sites I use.  I just don't usually get this specific in what I'm looking for.  Since the fashion runways are usually invitation only events, many of the pics are done by professionals and licensed as such.

But, thank you.

7. Flightkeeper profile image67

If you go advanced image search and then go to last drop down menu where it says in default "not filtered by license" click on the arrow and choose "labeled for reuse".  Then click Google Search, the common images would appear. You are free to use them but it's always a good idea to cite them.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Better make that "labeled for commercial reuse."

2. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69

Thanks! I never would have found that on my own.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)