Apple vs Nokia - The battle goes on!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (19 posts)
  1. britneydavidson profile image61
    britneydavidsonposted 15 years ago

Who do you think is a strong player in the mobile world Apple or Nokia. The way Nokia has reacted to Apple iphone 3g release with Nokia N96 seems that the battle might become a bit stronger indeed!

1. profile image0
      shinujohn2008posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I bet it is Nokia

2. Mobile Phones profile image57
      Mobile Phonesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For me, Nokia is clear winner in the Mobile Business.

2. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

The iPhone is still a fashion accessory in my book, it's an ipod phone and seems a bit misguided.  The fact people are seriously talking about it as a replacment for the blackberry is a bit odd for me.  I have the n95 8gb and it does a whole lot more than the iphone already.

The n96 may be a refinement of the n95 but the iPhone 3g can't really be considered a major step up from the 2g/EDGE version. 

I have no doubts that they'll improve eventually but the device was hurt by taking so long to develop and ending up with "past it" tech like no 3G and a poor stills-only camera.

If people are having to hack their devices just to get the desired functionality on a wide scale then there's a distinct problem there (a la PSP)

3. premsingh profile image59
    premsinghposted 15 years ago

Absence of video capturing ability is the major drawback of iPhone. Nokia N 96 has 5 mega pixal camera with Carl Zeiss but iPhone has only 2 MP camera. Other weakness of iPhone is its inability to transfer data through bluetooth as bluetooth in iPhone is just for hand free calling.

4. coder eye profile image59
    coder eyeposted 15 years ago

No Doubt,With its versatility & Flexiblity,NOKIA's the ULTIMATE MARKET LEADER!

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My N70 and N95 are battery hungry. I hope this does not apply to the N96.
      The good thing about nokia is the back-up battery code.
      If your battery goes flat, you just press *3370# and you have reserve battery!

5. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

Agreed Coder Eye, I was kidding myself thinking the Sony Ericsson k850i was better than the n95 8gb so I switched back to nokia after a ten year absense! lol

The iPhone bluetooth only handles calls? Yet another trait of apple cutting off or limiting it's gear again. 

Give them time and they'll clock on to the way the mobiel phones market works.

6. efeglo profile image61
    efegloposted 15 years ago

I have never used any other apart from NOKIA, you are just great.

7. profile image48
    prathap99posted 15 years ago

Hi,
    As we know that Apple and Nokia are the both leading company’s now a days. Apple has released I-Phone and Nokia has released N96.Both are the good companies. Look the features and  cost buy the any company’s mobile.

===================================

prathap

<snipped promotional link>

8. skydiver profile image60
    skydiverposted 15 years ago

Tough call. I would personally do the comparison between the N95 and the iPhone. I have an N95 8GB, and I personally think its an iPhone beater. The iPhone is v.sexy though!

9. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 14 years ago

Don't get me wrong there's a lto fo good stuff about the iphone, I now have the LG Renoir and the touchscreen isn't as good as the iPhone's. 

But it's amazing how the apple fanboy mist has clouded people's judgement when it comes to phones, in america it sells well because it's an american product but also because massively popular UK/Euro phones just don't sell in america that well, and often come late.

It's no surprise that many UK phone analysts called it behind the times when it came out because it came from america where they are behind the times phone-tech wise.  I've never got why that is, I went to New York a few years ago with my Sony T300, and they were amazed it had a colour screen, that was probably my third phone with colour screen that I'd had.

Then because it's so close to being an ipod a whole lot of tech un-savvy people bought them in their thousands.

1. profile image0
      Wadey101mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm going to be fair. I've always been anti-apple, always got the creative MP3 players, they were better to use, cheaper, more reliable and had far better sound quality. I've also always gone for Samsung phones. However the iphone has been the major exception, and has been the best purchase to date. I wanted to see what all the commotion was about, of course I didn't just go out and buy one, I tried a fair few of my mates ones first.

They have done very well with the iphone, it's even bringing apple haters into the action.

10. Zeta Sfico profile image60
    Zeta Sficoposted 14 years ago

nokia. apple stuffs are expensive.

11. vishalg8 profile image61
    vishalg8posted 14 years ago

Apple has created a niche for itself. You dont just buy their product, you buy the brand. Ofcourse they are expensive but still worth it. I dont have an Iphone since I cant afford one but still wish I could.
    Nokia phones are reliable (atleast the low end ones). High end ones are a bit slow due to software. In my opinion, Nokia phones have more features and less expensive but Apple products are a treat to use.

12. nobama is better profile image57
    nobama is betterposted 14 years ago

apple people notice more than the 'shiny factor'?  I don't believe you!

13. profile image0
    Wadey101mposted 14 years ago

This release of the new 3GS from Apple has brought them back in the game. Although with all the problems of the new iPhone, it makes you wonder if only the loyal customers will continue to buy their phones. Yes Apple sold over a million devices in the first 3 days, but how many new customers will be interested in the future. Guess it comes down to their brand as mentioned, and the fact that no matter what apple bring out, they are fantastic at marketing!

14. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

I've got a basic Nokia, and it's wonderful. About 3 years old, I think. The battery lasts for 4-5 days at a time, and it's robust, so my darling Isaac hasn't broken it (yet).

15. Tom Rubenoff profile image87
    Tom Rubenoffposted 14 years ago

My son demonstrated the iPhone to me in the Apple Store.  It is an amazing device.  Push a button, "Find Me" and it places you on a google map.  Another button gives you directions home.  I haven't seen the new Nokia, but is it even in the same league?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)