a Democrats perspective on the TEA party...

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

sorry, actually the writer has a non-party affiliated position..
    (actually the whole title to the thread needs to change...how do I do that?)

When government fears its own people

Feb 6th, 2010 by Marti Oakley
        By: Marti Oakley (c) 2010 All Rights Reserved

It seems patriot groups are springing up all over the place, each of them hoping to be the catalyst for change and all of them lamenting the loss of freedom and the downward spiral of our sovereign nation into one of a dictatorial police state.

While the entire country reels from the onslaught of unconstitutional regulations and codes that are contrary to our Constitutional rights and liberties we are none-the-less regularly assaulted both in print and video by those who see these efforts as a threat to what I can only assume is their own perceived benefit from maintaining the status quo.

While I do not agree with all that each of the patriot groups propose or advocate, I do, however, support their right to express their grievances; even if it does irritate the powers that be.  And, the only conclusion I can come to as to why these groups should present such a problem and elicit such a barrage of threatening and flaming commentary is because they are actually citing the problems and fighting back.

Contrary to what the media and the government would have you believe, these patriot groups are not comprised of only right wing radical, religious extremists.  I have attended these meetings along with many of my Democrat friends, even though I do not subscribe to either or any political party.  In attendance were many others who had no political affiliations, and especially not with the Republicans.  These group efforts are not about which party you do or don’t belong to.  They are about the common cause of fighting back against government encroachment.  But, I guess that doesn’t make for titillating news coverage and pretty much negates the arguments that its all extremists of one stripe or another.

I recently saw a comment on an article by John Wallace from Liberty News Online.  John had meticulously laid out the issues the Continental Congress had addressed in their recent meeting.  The commenter used words like “dangerous”, “radical”, “nutcase”, “extremists”….all the bait words that are supposed to make us sit down and shut up lest we be labeled the same way.  Oh! And I forgot…..This congress was really just a front for tax evasion all on behalf of one individual.

The same commenter cited the 10th Amendment Center group, saying they didn’t know what they were talking about and were simply trying to nullify laws they didn’t like and that the 10th Amendment did NOT give states self determining sovereignty or the right to nullify unconstitutional federal mandates.  The hell it doesn’t.  Nullification by the states has most recently been enacted to refuse compliance to the infamous REAL ID act, and in 18 States, to reject marijuana laws mandated by the Fed under the “War on  Drugs” sink hole; a real money maker for the government.

While these detractors spout their anti-American rhetoric about who is dangerous, radical, extremist, fringe or possible domestic terrorists, the fact remains that groups like Oathkeepers, the 10th Amendment Center, the Tea Party’s continue to grow.  The recent SCOTUS ruling that gave human rights to corporate entities was a boon to grassroots organizations fed up with the Fed.

In the recent past, Homeland Security actually issued its list of “suspected domestic terrorists” which included returning vets from Iraq and Afghanistan, Ron Paul supporters, anyone who talked about the Constitution, anyone who opposed the wars, anyone who talked about the bill of rights, supports Bob Barr, Chuck Baldwin or is opposed to abortion, and federal taxation and illegal immigration.  It must be hell to be so frightened of your own people as a result of all the harm you have caused them and having been caught in so many lies and deceptions that a list had to be prepared to determine who the government feared most.  MIACC Report.

Here’s my take on who is dangerous, radical, extremist, nutballs, nutcases, and a general threat to the country:

* The 18 or more spy agencies dedicated to surveillance and unwarranted threat to the nation in general.
            * The Fusion Centers, where federal and state corporate employees spend their time data mining any and all information on US citizens
            * The CDC that takes its orders from the World health Organization more commonly referred to as the World Homicide Organization.
            * Our militarized police and sheriff departments who have been outfitted like star wars storm troopers and who are armed with lethal weapons for no other reason than to use them on us.
            * The CIA, prohibited by law from operating within the geographical boundaries of the US but who it is known, has implanted itself into our state governments and who openly operate on our streets and in our communities.
            * The incorporated state agencies at every level in every state who no longer serve as public servants but who instead serve the corporations they are employed by.
            * And most importantly those broadcasters, TV personalities, political hacks, and other social misfits who routinely castigate, make fun of, belittle, degrade, and otherwise attempt to humiliate those who have forfeited their own safety and well being to stand up and say we’ve had enough; this is not who we are supposed to be.

Those who throw around the Newt Gingrich theory of using negative terms to describe those you fear most, is not having the desired affect.  The discontent of the population, the knowing that our demise as a sovereign nation is at hand unless we are prepared to make a stand and fight back grows each and every day.  And with it, the numbers of individuals who have decided they would rather die fighting than to roll over and play dead, grows exponentially.So to all you Oathkeepers, Tea Party’ers, 10th’ers, or whoever else is out there trying to make a difference I say “go for it!”. You have nothing to fear but a government who is terrified of you and a bunch of insider wannabe’s who would sell their soul before they would ever stand up and be counted; cowards are like that.

http://www.theppj.info/archives/254

1. dahoglund profile image71
      dahoglundposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with much of what is in this article.

2. Sab Oh profile image55
    Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

I think it's interesting how scared of this movement those in the media and the far left are. Must mean something when they are unnerved enough to resort to name-calling and villifying what is basically their fellow citizens voicing their concerns and interests about their government. You would think that would be something most people wouldn't find sinister or 'dangerous.'

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Scared? Please TK, you know better than that.

There is a new guidebook out for Teabaggers. In cartoon form.

http://www.amazon.com/Taxpayers-Tea-Par … amp;sr=8-1

"it's step-by-step guide in cartoon form to carry out our own American Revolution."

That says it all in my opinion.

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
      SparklingJewelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it is obvious that you have a limited perspective on the movement.

have you been looking at the various groups and communicating with them on a daily basis...actually read their books and genuinely tried to compare thei r view of things with your own?

I have. there are wackos and weirdos in every group of people regardless of sex, age, political persuasion, etc...

what bothers me the most is the seeming lack of perception that some people have about how far out of alignment with the constitution America and Americans have gotten over the decades and last two centuries... AND how some don't seem to see a problem at all... hmm

2. Sab Oh profile image55
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not sure what 'TK' is supposed to mean, but do you see how you can't even refer to the movement without using what you have to admit is a pretty childish name-calling technique? You have to admit that it must mean something when a reasonable adult can't resist that kind of childish insult. If you think about it, it must be something of a boost to them to know they are causing such a reaction.

4. Dolores Monet profile image94
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

What makes me wonder about this whole group is their general distrust of and hate for the American government. I fear more from the corporate influences in our government and their power.

1. Sab Oh profile image55
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think we need to be 'afraid' of either one, but if it came down to it an out of control government could do a lot more harm than an out of control corporation.

5. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

What about an out-of-control government backed by out-of-control corporations?

And "Ron Paul followers"...LOL.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)