God! Is it only me or what? my traffic is dropping

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (31 posts)
  1. chigoiyke profile image59
    chigoiykeposted 14 years ago

I can't understand why my traffic needs dropping everyday. Whats up. It was not like this before. Can somebody explain please or is it only me?? Maybe I gotta post more hubs to see what happens. Is it only me

1. KCC Big Country profile image83
      KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What are you doing to increase traffic?  I'm not an expert on backlinking, and have a ton I need to learn about it myself, but unless you're backlinking how do you expect more people to find you?  One thing that can be beneficial is doing the 30 day hub challenge.  It can teach you a lot about your own writing style, what works, what doesn't, etc.  With more hubs, you'll have more exposure.  If you write about related topics you can cross link them so that if someone reads one, they may be interested in reading the other.

2. G Miah profile image77
      G Miahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mine are increasing, thanks to Google! Have you checked your total stats? Are they going up or slowing down aswell?

3. tobey100 profile image61
      tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mine goes up and down like a yoyo.  No idea why

4. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seems a little ironic since you wrote a hub about "how to get great traffic". Did you follow your own suggestions?
      One problem might be that your English skills could use a little polishing. Good luck in getting your numbers up.

2. Wayne Orvisburg profile image62
    Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

Mine are consistently low so can't say if they're dropping. LOL

3. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Other people have been saying there's no traffic.  I think it might be part of that whole system problem they had a week ago.  It probably takes awhile?

4. chigoiyke profile image59
    chigoiykeposted 14 years ago

aight. Ve never been here for a while, so am just logging in and noticing that am having a sharp drop. Lets keep watching though. There has to be a source for the problem. Hope it turns around quickly

5. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

write more hubs
    post in the 'reccomend another hubbers hub' thread
    backlinks
    be active in the forums
    check your keywords and all that. Im not very good at any of this, but thats stuff Ive seen other people who know say. smile
    My traffic is just about 100 percent hubpages, so...if I dont write a new ub, traffic is gone.

6. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Mine are increasing again after the Christmas drop, keep working to increase those visitors!

7. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

My traffic is finally on an upswing after a slow january - yesterday was mt top views ever so I dont think its a systemic hubs problem

8. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Just imagine writing a hubpage and then just leaving it, with new people writing new content everyday it's only natural that traffic would drop and conqueor your rankings....so backlink and promote your hubpages!!!

1. Will Apse profile image87
      Will Apseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm amazed that you say this. Hubs can take weeks or months to reach their full potential. A well written page doesn't drop off. It gets more traffic as time goes by. If you chose your keywords well, there is no need for back linking at all.

1. waynet profile image69
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm amazed with the people who just expect traffic to come just like that! when sometimes a hubpage or two needs a helping hand with some backlinks for it to be effective and like Relache said the low hubscore does add the nofollow tag to them hubpages of the OP.

This is what I'm talking about, you have over a hundred or so hubpages and this I can assume you have some good hubpages that bring in traffic without the aid of backlinking, even I have, but just think if you take that good traffic hubpage and start to do backlinking campaigns for them, just imagine how much traffic you will generate if you consistently do this.

Writing hubpages is effectively article marketing really, you write a bunch of related hubpages and link them together, then you promote them and backlink on other sites which will lead interested people back to your hubpages, if you stop promoting with the failing hubpages then there will be no traffic on them and they would slip down in the search engine rankings, because other writers and article marketers would do more of an effort than you.

Stopping writing only works on the niches that you've clearly dominated already, but still it's best to try and put in a linking campaign to assure more traffic in the future....

9. Ms Chievous profile image67
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

My traffic is up today! My Superbowl commercials hub made it to the first page of Yahoo Search and to the second page of Google search.  Yay!  Tomorrow I will not be so happy as I will see all the blue arrows come back ;D

10. jenblacksheep profile image69
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

Mine is still very low from Xmas, but it is picking up a little bit I think. I know I need to write more and probably need more backlinks but it is generally looking up big_smile

11. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

I'm now getting 0-3 views per day per hub, which is the lowest since I started. Each attempt to backlink has brought me in 1 or 2 views in total, which means it's a big effort for little reward. I guess I'm no good at this game and will just continue because I like producing hubs smile

1. Will Apse profile image87
      Will Apseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I noticed your page 'childrens eye health' which is very detailed and a great resource. The only problem is that 'childrens eye health' gets less than 50 searches a month according to the google adwords tool.

'Pediatric optometry" gets 1300. I think that it would be a tough keyword phrase to rank for- medical sites are competitive because the ads are expensive and pay publishers well. You really would have to backlink like crazy on a term like that but it might pay off.

12. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

You only have nine hubs and your author score is so low, all the Hubs are marked "nofollow."  You need to both improve the quality and quantity of your Hubs and you will probably see an increase in traffic.

13. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

My traffic is steady and actually seems to be picking up on the google side smile

14. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

My traffic is above October levels and increasing every day. I agree with all of Relache's comments and advice.

It takes alot of diversified and high quality content to have consistent traffic and earnings.

You also need to provide backlinks - either through your own efforts or backlinks from other people.

15. WriteAngled profile image74

Thanks for having a look, Will. I actually tried changing the text in the hub so as to include "eye examination" a few times, since this seemed to be a good phrase from the keyword tool. I also added a little bit on "natural vision correction" for the same reason. Ah well...

16. lakeerieartists profile image64
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

Yes, my traffic is actually going up, not down.  Ditto what both Nelle and Relache said.

17. WriteAngled profile image74

I agree, I only have nine hubs, but I have a decent score. People who read my hubs like them. However, I'm obviously doing something drastically wrong. My current views for 7 days total 10. My CTR is way below 1% and I've earned about the price of a latte so far.

I've read through stacks of hubs about improving views, optimising ad placement, etc. and tried to apply my understanding of them but obviously I'm being very dense about something. If posting to Facebook, digg, shetoldme etc only gets me one view, what on earth else should I be doing? I've set up a blog with a feed to my hubs, but that gets hardly any views as well. Should I go on just doing what I've been doing so far in future hubs?

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The best thing I'd suggest is to write more hubpages that can be linked to your existing hubs now and look at the suggested searches when typing in the Google browser bar, I do this for the stuff I know alot about and I look at the actual results on Googles first page and I study at least the first five results, to see how they rank and optimize their content.

It took me awhile before I started earning each month, but now I've systemized what work I need to do, call it a plan if you will, but then I do have other hubpage accounts too which I can link and network between relevant hubpages....

2. sunforged profile image69
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I tried to answer this question:

Why dont I make money from adsense

Just from reading this post I see a couple of problems or at least not the best use of your time.

First off your writing is def above par, well done...but that is mostly unimportant regarding your earnings at least in the short term. You dont earn from "readers,"

I looked at and read 3 hubs, none use the most oft suggest optimized for adsense layout

Posting on facebook isnt suggestable unless you are social media marketer with hundreds upon hundreds of friends..what chance does one little post have of being seen in the facebook feed?

Digg, is actually more likely to drop your earnings.

you want targetted traffic.

shetoldme works as a backlink..dont expect heavy or worthwhile traffic...but it is a backlink so best choice so far

As far as the blog goes..sticking a feed into an untrafficked blog isnt much use....you would do better to write little blurbs just as you would at shetoldme and stick your link in  a post with your selected keywords (or close variants)in the anchor text of the link and as a tag and as the title.

Relache and waynet both have some well explained topics in the field and I wanted to find a link but with almost 600 hubs between the two of them i got caught up reading and just came back a half hour later empty-linked, maybe they can swing back and drop the relevant ones?

Lissie has very often referenced hub on adsense optimiztion

1. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much for your comments, sunforged.

With respect to layout for adsense, I'm careful to keep the first capsule purely text, with no attached picture capsule so as to get the ads on the righthand side. That's probably the point that stuck most when I read around.

I've also sussed I need to make my second capsule fairly short. I need to go back and fix that in some cases.

I think one of my problems is that I find it difficult to leave readers hanging. I understand the point you're making with regards to that in your hub. My library and info studies training gets in the way smile It was ingrained into us that we have to give people as much complete information as possible in the space available. I need to work on that aspect, definitely.

I also know my use of keywords could be better. Search techniques have changed dramatically from what I was taught in 1986. I'm thinking about signing up for TKA. I've been vacillating about it so far because I'm not sure how much time I need to give to the training there in order not to waste the opportunity. My workload sometimes gets overwhelming and buries me for a week or two at a time.

18. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

I wrote a hub specifically on the topic of traffic and how to use blogs to get traffic to your pages. You can find it at <link snipped, self promoting> I am posting the link for you so you can find it easy. The other hubs in my list that will help you are regarding analytics. Use analytics to find which blogs and referral sources send the most traffic and focus on them to keep it coming in.

19. yenajeon profile image71
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

I definitely think its ALL about topic and content. I've found general fashion topics to be popular, but once I get super into the depth of fashion, obscure designers etc traffic drops. I didnt do much with my worst fashion trends hub and its getting lots of click and traffic.

20. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

I find that my traffic drops on the weekends for some reason, and is pretty steady during the week, I guess I would have to write different hubs for weekend visitors. Waynet gave some great advice to follow as well.

21. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

3 months into writing for the web no one has a clue. Sadly, these forums are often the blind leading the blind, although thats no reason to stop using them.

The only things I know for sure that really help-

Google adwords tool

Seo quake for Firefox

Yahoo backlinks

Clickbank

Commisssion Junction

Ezine articles

Also a little bit of luck goes a long way. People say that you learn from your mistakes but you learn ten times as much from your successes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)