Please Hep Me Define Friendship

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (33 posts)
  1. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

I expected supportive, trusting, caring, reliable

?

1. de'Arab profile image55
      de'Arabposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No body is truly your friend, people always have a hidden agenda; they want something from you. You were born alone and you are gonna die alone.

1. Mekenzie profile image76
        Mekenzieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry for you.  You have never had a true friend.  Albeit they are one in a million - but there are people out there to be trusted with your heart.  I know because I am one and I have 4 of them... Way more than any one person deserves.

2. tobey100 profile image62
        tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know about 'nobody is truly your friend'.  I can name you 3 guys right now I'd take a bullet for and they for me.  We don't become friends, we make friends.  Your real friends never judge you, they celebrate you.

well said tobey!

1. tobey100 profile image62

Dang, can't believe I got it out that well.  Wonders never cease.

3. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yikes! You need a hobby.

1. tobey100 profile image62

Nah, she needs a real friend.  Where are ya, I'm on the way!  smile

2. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A true friend will tell it like it is even if it`s hurtful.

3. vox vocis profile image80
      vox vocisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you mean true friendship: RARE

4. profile image48
      bretya craneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you asking about friendships to do with straight men or women - or both?

1. profile image48

Whether sex is keeping the friendship together.

5. figment profile image75
      figmentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

accepting the person for ALL of who they are and what they stand for.  I have 2 TRUE friends!  A really RARE thing to have as vox vocis said.

6. Ohma profile image61
      Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Somebody that will hold your hair back when you are puking and still be there in the morning. smile
      Just kidding
      A friend for me is ussually some one that enjoys doing the same things as I do, some one I can count on no mater what, and someone I trust.

2. wyanjen profile image72
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

companionship.
    Somebody you can go to when you need a little comfort. smile

3. elayne001 profile image77
    elayne001posted 14 years ago

true friendship survives disappointments, distance and distractions.

1. figment profile image75
      figmentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agreed!!!

4. Lita C. Malicdem profile image59
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 14 years ago

"A friend in need is a friend indeed". Whenever I'm asked to define the word "friend", this childhood saying I smothered my high school slum book with, comes to mind.

A friend who never quits on you when the going is rough is a real friend.

5. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

Friends are the ones you can count on to be there even when it isn't popular to do so.
    Friends know your many flaws and accept you lovingly anyways.
    It is good to have a friend for if one friend falls down, the other can help them up. Holly

6. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

a true friend allows you to be who you are and who you aren't, (but that only for a moment).  smile

7. alexandriaruthk profile image68
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

tells you when to stop and praise you as well

always there for you in times of need

share laughter and tears with you

8. leprechaun profile image61
    leprechaunposted 14 years ago

A Friend is like a Brother or Sister, One quick look and you are both thinking the same thing!

9. Greg Cremia profile image60
    Greg Cremiaposted 14 years ago

Friends are the people we know who are not our enemies.

10. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Friendship   Show Spelled Pronunciation [frend-ship]   
    –noun 1. the state of being a friend; association as friends: to value a person's friendship. 
    2. a friendly relation or intimacy.
    3. friendly feeling or disposition.

Friend
    –noun 1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
    2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony. 
    3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe? 
    4. a member of the same nation, party, etc.
    5. (initial capital letter) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.

–verb (used with object) 6. Rare. to befriend.

—Idiom7. make friends with, to enter into friendly relations with; become a friend to.

Hope I helped. smile

11. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_a3o7USF8hwA/S0QWaSZ__kI/AAAAAAAACPM/t7mkmSoBfhE/s400/friendship,quotes,happiness,wordy,quote,words-92bc6f83b4a4f85b0a9848c0eecfadec_h.jpg

12. Mekenzie profile image76
    Mekenzieposted 14 years ago

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one’s heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away.
    ~ Arabian Proverb

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nicely placed. smile Well said. smile

A true friend gave me this Proverb, encased in a frame, many years ago.  It hit my heart.  It hangs in one of my rooms as a reminder of what an amazing gift a true friend is.  Thanks Cags smile

13. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Friends help you move, good friends help you move bodies!

If you know someone like that then they are your friend!

14. AnythingArtzy profile image67
    AnythingArtzyposted 14 years ago

true friendship is the acceptance of all yu are without trying to change you

1. profile image48

Sex is not for people who are single that is not married.  It may not matter to most people but it still matters to God. Sorry the fact God does not send a bolt of lightening to everyone every few minutes does not  mean God approves.  People have sex and find out after they depart the planet whether they face punishment from God  In order to avoid any punishment (and it is up to God to decided whether or not to give out  punishment to those who have sex outside of marriage) whoever he/she is has to find an authority above God.  Please do not all rush at once with the answer.  Think it is God he/she has to answer to.  After he/she is dead.  Whenever that day is.

15. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Someone who doesn't care what kind of day you've had from that moment forward it's gonna get better!smile

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)