jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

How do you define true friendship?

1. profile image66
    graceinusposted 5 years ago

How do you define true friendship?

What makes a person a true friend, would you take a great risk for a true friend?

2. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

To me a true friend is there for you no matter what. Someone that you can laugh with and cry with. Someone who will calm your fears and celebrate your victories. Someone who shares themself with you. Someone that, no matter how long it's been since you've spoken, you can re-connect with and it seems like yesterday. It's someone who understands your quirks and someone who can be brutally honest with you when they feel you're wrong about something. true friendship is truly hard to find, so if you are indeed lucky enough to find it, don't let go.

1. profile image66
      graceinusposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree, thanks moonfairy

3. tlmcgaa70 profile image78
    tlmcgaa70posted 5 years ago

a true friend knows the worst about you and loves you anyway, never judging, always there. when people ask me such questions i always answer using Samwise Gamgee from the Lord Of The Rings trilogy as an example of what a true friend is, someone i strive to be.

4. Goody5 profile image73
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

A friend is someone who you never need to say you are sorry to.

5. profile image0
    vonda g nelsonposted 5 years ago

Risks are not worth taking for anyone.  True friends will always supply the desires of each others heart.  The minute anything becomes a risk (or you feel like you' re taking "a risk".)  Somewhere in your mind that person on a whole is in question.  There' s no need to force or second guess your thoughts when dealing with a true friend.

1. profile image66

I should clearify what I meant by taking a risk. If the true fiend is the one at  risk would you you stand by them and accept the same risk.
      Thank you for your answer vonda.

6. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 5 years ago

I think true friendship involves having friends who love, honor and respect you. They may not always agree with everything you do, but they'll continue to support you, while encouraging and lifting you up. True friends want and bring out the best in you.

1. profile image66

Veronnica- the kind of person you're describing would be the kind who is still standing at your side when all the dust has finally settled. Thank you.

2. profile image0
      VeronicaInspiresposted 5 years agoin reply to this

OOOOOooOOh my gosh YES!! Gheeezus, I got a little chill the way you described that!!! ♥

working