hubpages up or down?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (24 posts)
  1. liswilliams profile image39
    liswilliamsposted 14 years ago

mmm,  wondering if it's safe to start a new hub or will I have to restart a couple times, maybe just start tomorrow

1. Temperance M profile image59
      Temperance Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

just tried to start a new one and its stuck showing no capsules and can't add any content sad

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I never start a hub until it is 100% completed off line - text, images and affiliate products. big_smile

I have it all offline - just can't post it online!!

looks like I'm doing something else for a bit

2. ngureco profile image80
        ngurecoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's always a good idea to have a backup of all your hubs somewhere in your hard disk because you never know what tomorrow will have.

2. MyWebs profile image79
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

I would wait until its been up at least a few hours straight. I noticed one of my forum posts is no longer there. And there are items missing from the hubtivity timeline.

To me it looks like there has been some data loss with all of this up and downs its been going through

3. profile image0
    health adviceposted 14 years ago

I've got a 100% complete offline hub but I can't upload photos. Anyone else having problems adding images? It was working fine for me yesterday but today I'm having allsorts of trouble.

1. profile image0
      Norah Caseyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey health advice,

What operating system/browser are you using?

4. Temperance M profile image59
    Temperance Mposted 14 years ago

just wondering if there is an update as I'm still not able to upload any type of content/text to the hub I tried to start earlier.

All I get is the box at the top with settings/summary/group, none of the stuff on the sides or even the ability to add capsules (there are none showing).  I use chrome and firefox. 

Oddly enough the hub is improving in score >.>

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Try logging out and back in, I did and have published two hubs since

5. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I just published a new one with no trouble.

6. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Good chance for active hubbers to write some hubs instead of spending time on forums tongue

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

silly big_smile

7. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I just published one and did not have any problems.smile

8. Temperance M profile image59

I've tried logging out/restarting/clearing cache etc.  Got the title phrase I wanted but just can't add any content to it

1. Flightkeeper profile image65
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't put your article in yet.  Save it as unpublished then see if you can put your article in.

9. Flightkeeper profile image65
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I just finished up my hub half an hour ago.  Everything seems to be working.

10. Temperance M profile image59

I can't put my article into it even if I wanted to - The only thing I'm getting for that hub as of this morning is STILL just the box with settings/summary/group.  Is there anyone that can actually help with this issue?

or just help to delete the buggy thing?

1. profile image0

Hi Temperance,

Are you using a Mac or PC?

I use a PC and both firefox/chrome - here's a screen shot

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww23 … apture.png

as you can see, there aren't any options available.  I posted the hub under another title (and account) as this page is still not responding.  Just would really like to delete it at this point, if there is any way to do that.

1. profile image0

Strange! I'll ask around and get back to you ASAP on this thread. I can't see this hub on my end, but we'll figure out what went wrong and delete the hub. Sorry about this!

2. profile image0

Temperance,

That hub is been unlocked, it seemed to have gotten stuck as a glitch after the power outage our data center experienced yesterday. The hub has been deleted.

Cheers,
            Norah

thanks smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)