Tiger's truly sorry.

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (37 posts)
  1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Ok.

Can we move past this issue now?  I could give a rat's butt about his sexual love life.  I think more attention needs to paid to America's homeless, world hunger, national health care, congress, etc...

Anyone else who could careless about Tiger Woods' sex life?

It is like, common on press get over it!

Anyone else???

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You'd think he was an elected official.  Jez, he plays a game.  Who give's a crap what he does other than his wife and family?  I don't care if he had sex with a goat as long as I can watch him play.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
        IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree. 

I totally agree with everyone here.  So why was he press conference all over the news just now?  Well it was.  What makes the media think that we care about this crap?

1. AnythingArtzy profile image67
          AnythingArtzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree, this has been soo funny. Are they so full of themselves that they actually believe we have nothing better to do than follow their immoral behavior. and not just him but Charlie Sheen. I'm so sick of hearing about his Christmas fallout with his wife. these people have waaaaaaay too much time on there hands.

2. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tiger did it to try and save Tiger Woods Incorporated, the business of Tiger Woods.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image65
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As long as people are wasting their time with news like this, they are not paying attention to the real issues that the media OUGHT to be reporting.

Think about who owns the media corporations and determines what people watch...then you'll see why idiotic news, other people's sex lives, and useless crap get ALL the attention while the wheels of politics and economics move in all kinds of subtle directions while everyone is "entertained."

2. profile image0
      sophsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm so glad you posted this as I'm sick of hearing about it.

I completely agree, men and women play around behind their Husbands/Wife's backs everyday (not that it's right) but it happens, life's a bitch. Like you say, people need to get over it! smile

1. tobey100 profile image60
        tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

as my preacher says "Amen"

3. Cly Walsh profile image59
      Cly Walshposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Money fuels the press, they won't stop until every last cent is squeezed out. The reports will be stored to reference if he walks off the path again and naturally for when he passes away. Once you make the news it sticks and still after death people will be making money on it. It's a sad state of affairs. I just ignore it, pity more people didn't.

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

who?

wink

yeah that is yesterday's news...

3. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

What is this "Breaking News" on all TV networks?
    What has this to do with the country that HE is sooo important?
    He wants privacy, then stay off the tube.

Guess now when anyone that is a "star athlete" they get TV time nationally for their affairs and such.
    How low has the media sunk to now!!!

4. profile image0

if it is 'breaking news' then yes the media have sunk to an all-time low.

hmm that could work in Tiger's favor actually.

1. Michael Willis profile image68
      Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Guess he still has control with Media then.  This is news in Sports, sure, but not worthy this type of media blitz.  If it is helpful to him, how many others adulterers can go on TV to promote themselves and help their careers?  Messed up way, but seems to work in Hollywood.

5. profile image0

oh, i agree. i meant people's disdain with the press' feeding frenzy might work in Tiger's favor wink

1. Michael Willis profile image68
      Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is true. Maybe he is sincere, maybe not totally. Maybe it will now disappear from the main media stream. Doubt it though.
      Oh, and I did write something about it, but not here on hubpages.

Breaking News I'm Sorry

6. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Spider, who is wasting there time on this? 

It is more like, they are giving us NO choice than to waste our time on this.  You know what I mean.  It's crazy.  Do they honestly feel we are that stupidly entertained, concerned or that we are just that stupid period?

1. TheGlassSpider profile image65
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

tongue Somebody's wasting their time even writing it up, and plenty of people are reading it when they could be looking at more important issues. Or else we wouldn't be here talking about it, I suspect. The whole point is that the media is shoving this kind of crap down our throats! smile

ETA: And yes, I think they think we ARE that stupid.

7. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

And this matters why? hmm

8. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

He's an elitist, entitled rich [delete word].
    I guess karma caught up with him before Elan did.
    Karma can be a real bitch.

9. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Tiger's truly sorry....What-Ev-Er! Yeah...way tired of hearing about it, too....like everyone else.

10. confused barbie profile image58
    confused barbieposted 14 years ago

In total agreement. He has got more publicity about this sex scandal then winning any golf tournment. Its a joke the news and papers need to make people aware of crime and poverty not how many women he cheated with!

11. Mamelody profile image61
    Mamelodyposted 14 years ago

well that's what happens when you break the 11th commandment.. THOU SHALL NOT BE CAUGHT!! big_smile

but I do agree.. they are more important things to focus on than one man who can't keep his dcik in his pants...

12. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

He apologized already, I think that is very difficult thing to do,

13. europewalker profile image79
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

Do they have to keep playing the entire statement over and over again? ESPN is showing it again. Enough already.

14. profile image0
    china manposted 14 years ago

The comments here kinda explain it though - it works on the same principle as a really great hub - a dash of controversy, a famous name, drop of sex, whiff of religion and make it tabloid style with a few photos - Oh yes, and don't say too much.

15. efeguy profile image39
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

tiger has made d mistake,d press shld leave him alone,he is nt d 1st n he we nt b d last,

at least terry of Chelsea issues has come out after tigers .so more we come.

to me i know tiger is realy sry.

16. Alota profile image62
    Alotaposted 14 years ago

Blow me............................................down

17. profile image0
    Jared in Vegasposted 14 years ago

I wish he would have come out and said, "listen, golf is boring without me, so screw you guys. I'm coming back, and you're going to like it." because it's true.

18. Alota profile image62
    Alotaposted 14 years ago

I dont see why he quit anyway, he was simply doing what we all like to do, a good old fashioned bang up against a tree, fair play to him, I think more people should follow his example, get out there and ride the range..

19. Anna Evanswood profile image72
    Anna Evanswoodposted 14 years ago

Why do people hold sports Men and Women up to such a high standard.. these people are popular due to their sporting prowess.. not because they are amazingly moral or religious convictions... thats why we have saints... humanity needs to get a grip and start listening to real world problems!!

1. bonny2010 profile image59
      bonny2010posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The most pathetic I ever heard - Tiger Woods attending a Sex Therapy Clinic - by these clinic people sure know how to make money -  anyway I thought the whole thing was hilarious  so I wrote a hub about it - can check it out if you want
      http://hubpages.com/hub/"OffWithHisHead"

20. Laura Thykeson profile image62
    Laura Thykesonposted 14 years ago

This whole thing, just like the Michael Phelps "issue" just reinforces my original viewpoint that this is kind of what we get when we use people like sports figures as role models. We build people up, making them into heroes and role models, then get upset or even angry when they let us down. We need to be more picky about our heroes. Everyone is human and capable of making errors and letting us down (and this is certainly not meant to excuse Tiger or anyone else of this kind of behavior). We need, as a society, to be more careful who we choose to be our role models, especially for our children-and we sure need to stop giving them such HUGE salaries when that money could have been used for such a better cause, such as the homeless or the hungry...(sorry, I got on my soapbox-this very thing just makes me really angry)

1. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We don't "give" them huge salaries, and if they made less there is no reason to believe that would equate to the homeless and hungry getting more. It doesn't work like that.

21. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Who's Tiger Woods?     neutral

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

An animal. A beast

22. K Partin profile image61
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Yeah, sorry his a** got caught!! lol

23. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Woods is a golfer, a really good one. He is not a saint and apart from watching him hit a ball better than anyone on the planet I have less than no interest in the rest of his life.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)