So I have a Question

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

When I go to google adwords keyword tool and get my relevent key words shoul I be putting them in as Tags in my hub?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure someone will answer this better, but I would say yes. Also use them in your title and url if possible, and in your opening paragraph-- perhaps, too in your graphics captions. All the places the search engines robots will find them. Make sure you are using them naturally and not "stuffing" into every nook and cranny of your manuscript where they look obviously forced.

2. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I usually publish first and then do the keyword thing I have tried writing around the keyword and am never satisfied with the results.
    So when I pick the keywords I am very careful as to their relevance
    Am I jabbering? Did that make any sense at all?

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are further ahead than me Ohma, I don't know how to use the tool and gave up for now. When you figure it out let me know. Trying to boost you up, don't want the thread to slip away. We could all use help on this I am sure.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's some really good videos on how to use the kwyword tool on youtube smile

2. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohma, I do the same thing. It makes perfect sense.  I incorporate the keywords so that it flow naturally with the hub.

3. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Thanks everyone I appreciate your answers.

Faybe Bay you are doing fine.

4. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I would suggest placing keywords in tags and content, but as already mentioned, I'de avoid keyword 'stuffing'. smile

5. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Thank you Wren. That is what I was thinking to but I get a little confused over the terminology sometimes.

1. wrenfrost56 profile image57
      wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean, sometimes I find myself just getting to grips with something and then I find theres something else I want to learn. Still it's all good fun, right and if you never ask you'll never know. smile

6. Appletreedeals profile image65
    Appletreedealsposted 14 years ago

keywords and tags are two different things - most of the time

keywords are used by search engines to find content that matches a user query

tags are labels used to group similar content for site search
    i.e. click on a tag named widget and you will get a page of other hubs with widget tags too.

so the two are only sorta related ...

But, But, But ...
    sometimes a search engine query,(i.e. Keyword) may retrieve those tags as if they are also keywords. look at some of your Google results sometimes and you may stumble across a few results that have a tag list instead of a site description

So ... go ahead and treat the tags as keywords, it may help, and, contrary to some opinions concerning "orphan tags", I don't think it could hurt.

regarding keyword research, and using them, do a hub search for keywords for some basic guidance, ton of good info available.

again, But, But, But,
    if you are not into SEO, (search engine optimization - a term that means writing in a way that helps the search engine find your content), don't stumble in and get overwhelmed, just get an understanding of the basics.

like this ...
    Adsense places ads on your content, (you get a cut of this revenue - read "money")based on words advertisers pay for that are related to your content

search engines search for words users ask about - advertisers pay for words people ask about

so, take the phrases: "clouds of white" and "white clouds"

now imagine, nobody ever searches for "white clouds", so nobody wants to pay money to advertise with those words, so a related adsense click would sell for 5 cents, and you would have to wait a long time before some user asked Google to find those words - and your content

now imagine, everybody searches for "clouds of white", so every advertiser wants to buy that term for advertising. a related adsense click could be worth $5 instead of 5 cents, and search engines would be looking for content using "clouds of white" all the time, instead of almost never.

assuming you could shape your content to use either phrase, which one would you use?

I always do keyword research first because I have found it much easier to shape my content with those words in mind as I write, vs. doing it after-the-fact and doing so much editing.

didn't mean to be so long winded, but even if you are not SEO possessed, (as some of us are), or are writing just for the pleasure, why miss opportunities to get some money, and just as importantly, help people find your content.

GA

1. Karina S. profile image60
      Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your explanation!

7. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Thanks Appletreedeals, That was a fantastic explanation.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)